The E3 2023-replacement Summer Game Fest 2023 continues with the Ubisoft Press Conference broadcast aired today. It has revealed brand new information about Ubisoft’s PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Switch & Mobile games lineup. Ubisoft’s keynote conference started on June 12th at 10:00AM PDT (Pacific USA) / 1:00PM EDT (Eastern USA) / 6:00PM BST (London) / 3:00AM AEST (Sydney, Australia) and lasted two hours including the pre- and post-show. What follows is a bulletpoints roundup…
The biggest world premieres included: Just Dance 2024 Edition, The Division Resurgence, Assassin’s Creed Nexus VR, Assassin’s Creed: Codename Jade, The Crew Motorfest. And there were gameplay reveals for Star Wars Outlaws, Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora, Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown, Assassin’s Creed Mirage. As well as a Captain Laserhawk: A Blood Dragon Remix Netflix show reveal!
Here’s the full Ubisoft Forward 2023 broadcast video: (starts at 26 minutes)
- 11:47 — Ubisoft Forward Pre-show
- 12:03 — Rainbow Six Siege
- 14:48 — Siege to Win, a BLAST R6 Docuseries
- 16:23 — Unity Architecture
- 19:09 — Ubisoft Creators Program
- 20:39 — Ubisoft+
- 21:18 — Brawlhalla
- 21:52 — Ubisoft Fair Play Program
- 23:06 — Ubisoft Creator Moments
- 25:49 — Just Dance 2024 Edition
- 29:34 — Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora
- 41:46 — XDefiant
- 46:21 — Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown
- 53:38 — Captain Laserhawk: A Blood Dragon Remix
- 57:37 — The Division Resurgence
- 01:00:10 — Skull & Bones
- 01:03:04 — Live Game Sizzle ( Anno 1800, For Honor, Trackmania, Mario + Rabbids, Roller Champions, Brawlhalla, Rocksmith+, The Crew 2, Riders Republic)
- 01:04:30 — Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope DLC
- 01:05:03 — The Crew Motorfest
- 01:13:34 — Assassin’s Creed Nexus
- 01:15:48 — Assassin’s Creed Codename Jade
- 01:17:36 — Assassin’s Creed Mirage
- 01:30:16 — Yves’ Message
- 01:31:49 — Star Wars Outlaws
- 01:48:20 — Star Wars Out Laws Deep Dive
- 02:05:39 — Prince of Persia The Lost Crown Deep Dive
- 02:11:22 — Assassin’s Creed Mirage Deep Dive
Ubisoft Forward 2023 Press Conference Roundup:
- Just Dance 2024 Edition opens the show. Song list includes 40 tracks from the latest hits and beloved classics including “Flowers” by Miley Cyrus, “Tití Me Preguntó” by Bad Bunny, “How You Like That” by BLACKPINK and “I Want to Dance With Somebody” by Whitney Houston!
- Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora trailer. PS5 gameplay shows first-person action-adventure. Hunt, collect/craft, fly, explore nature and fight war with bow and guns to battle humans in helicopters and mechs. So basically this is Far Sky reskinned with blue Navi. Release date is December 7, 2023.
- XDefiant first-person shooter trailer. Closed beta done by 1.5 million players. Open beta June 21-23 on PS5, Xbox Series X and PC (Ubisoft Connect). Producer says it will have “a lot of great gameplay content” and the audience fell asleep.
- Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown new gameplay trailer shown. Lots of double sword and bow action. Looks like it’ll be a metroidvania style game more than the classic games’ purely platformer. Time powers are back! Battling looks really smooth and fun! Release date on all platforms is January 18, 2024.
- Captain Laserhawk: A Blood Dragon Remix animated TV show announced. Made by the director of the Castlevania animated Netflix show. Fall 2023 on Netflix.
- Tom Clancy’s The Division: Resurgence mobile game trailer shown. Coming Fall 2023. Pre-register now to unlock unique rewards at launch.
- Skull & Bones is not dead? Live band introduces a trailer. Fans of Assassin’s Creed 4 wanted to continue their pirating ways 10 years ago. Closed beta August 25-28, register on the official website.
- The Crew: Motorfest in-engine 4K trailer shown. Register now for the closed beta. sep14 2023.
- Assassin’s Creed Nexus VR game coming to Meta Quest 2. Takes place in multiple timelines, play through memories of 3 different assassins includes Ezio!
- Assassin’s Creed Codename Jade announced for Mobile! We’ll get a full China-based AC game. Register for the closed beta.
- Assassin’s Creed Mirage new story trailer shown. Basim is the main character and the game starts right after he’s done his first assassination mission. Lots of gameplay shown, city looks beautiful and it’s good to seee the gameplay go back to the basics of the first AC games. Release date is October 12, 2023.
- Star Wars Outlaws, Ubisoft Massive’s open world game. Main character Kay unexpectedly becomes one of the galaxy’s most wanted after she steals a purple gem from an Empire agent for her pet to play with. After ten minutes of the director talking, finally the gameplay trailer was shown. Kay’s pet alien is very cute and looks like it’ll be very useful as you can get your buddy to press buttons do other helpful actions to aid you in your adventures. You also have a droid buddy that fights alongside you. Space battles too. Coming in 2024.
The first Star Wars Outlaws™ gameplay debuted during Ubisoft Forward, giving us a brand-new look at cunning scoundrel Kay Vess and her companion Nix taking on a high-risk, high-reward mission. The two must infiltrate a secret location, use stealth, fight with a blaster, and steal valuable goods. Once you’ve watched the action play out, watch our gameplay walkthrough breakdown, where Star Wars Outlaws’ narrative director, creative director, and game director go into deeper detail on the characters, locations, gameplay mechanics, Kay’s ship the Trailblazer, and more.
Announced during the June 11 Xbox Games Showcase, Star Wars Outlaws, the first-ever open-world Star Wars™ game, invites you to pull off one of the greatest heists the Outer Rim has ever seen as cunning scoundrel Kay Vess. Set between the events of Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back™ and Star Wars: Return of the Jedi™, Star Wars Outlaws takes place in a time when the Galactic Empire relentlessly pursues the final defeat of the Rebel Alliance, and the criminal underworld is thriving. Seeking the means to start a new life, Kay and her companion Nix will fight, steal, and outwit their way through the galaxy’s crime syndicates and join the galaxy’s most wanted. Star Wars Outlaws is coming to Xbox Series X|S, PS5, and PC in 2024.
To learn more about the game’s hero, check out Ubisoft News’ Meet Kay video.
Assassin’s Creed Mirage launches on October 12 for Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PS5, PS4, and PC. The story is set in ninth-century Baghdad, and centers on the young version of Assassin’s Creed Valhalla’s Basim, a common thief haunted by visions. Basim soon starts a journey to become a master assassin, mentored by Hidden Ones Fuladh and Roshan (the latter of whom is voiced by Shoreh Aghdashloo). An homage to the first Assassin’s Creed, Mirage emphasizes stealth gameplay with classic tools like throwing knives and smoke bombs, as well as new abilities like Assassin’s Focus, which lets Basim take down multiple targets in rapid succession.
For a closer look at Assassin’s Creed Mirage, check out Ubisoft News’ gameplay walkthrough commentated by Art Director Jean-Luc Sala and Creative Director Stéphane Boudon.
Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora, a stand-alone adventure set within the Avatar universe, will launch on December 7, it was announced at Ubisoft Forward today. In a world premiere trailer, we were introduced to the player character, a Na’vi who awakens in a never-before-seen region of Pandora, the Western Frontier, years after being abducted as a child and raised by a human militaristic corporation known as the RDA. Now a stranger in your own birthplace, it’s up to you to rid Pandora of a newly formed RDA and learn what it means to be N’avi.
The first Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora gameplay also debuted, showing off Na’vi customization, combat that allows you to wield specialized human weapons built for the Na’vai plus stealthier, more traditional N’avi weapons, and breathless arial combat on the back of your very own customizable banshee, or ikran. We also got our first look at crafting, where new and valuable resources enable you to craft the best gear and weapons for your playstyle.
Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora will launch on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, PC and Luna. For more on Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora, visit avatarfrontiersofpandora.com.
XDefiant will launch later this summer on Xbox Series X|S, PS5, and PC. During Ubisoft Forward, Executive Producer Mark Rubin spoke about the recent closed beta period, and shared a sneak peek at the game’s Year 1 roadmap, which is set to include 12 new maps and 12 new weapons, as well as new game modes. Rubin also announced that XDefiant will have an Open Session later this month. From June 21-23, players will have a chance to test XDefiant’s brand new netcode by playing the fast-paced arcade shooter for free. Register at playxdefiant.com or follow @playxdefiant on Twitter for updates on all things XDefiant.
Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown will launch on January 18, 2024 for Nintendo Switch, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PS5, PS4, and PC, and debuted an animated trailer and a commented gameplay walkthrough during Ubisoft Forward. The Lost Crown’s story centers on Sargon, a warrior who must travel to the mythical and dangerous Mount Qaf in search of a kidnapped prince, only to find its denizens driven mad by a mystery that has unraveled time and unleashed a horde of monsters on the mountain. A side-scrolling platformer, Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown features fast-paced gameplay inspired by Metroidvanias.
For a closer look at Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown’s gameplay, be sure to check out Ubisoft News’ behind-the-scenes video.
A new VR installment in the Assassin’s Creed franchise, Assassin’s Creed Nexus lets players embody three different heroes – Ezio Auditore da Firenze, Kassandra, and Connor (aka Ratonhnhaké:ton) – and immerse themselves in the Italian Renaissance, Ancient Greece, and the American Revolution. Assassin’s Creed Nexus will be available exclusively on Meta Quest 2, Meta Quest Pro, and Meta Quest 3, and will deliver gameplay that will put your stealth, parkour, and combat skills to the test.
Assassin’s Creed Codename Jade is the first open-world Assassin’s Creed game designed for mobile devices, and registration is now open for its first public test taking place later this summer. Set in the third century BCE, Assassin’s Creed Codename Jade is set chronologically between Assassin’s Creed Odyssey and Assassin’s Creed Origins, and puts players in China during the Qin dynasty, considered the first empire of China. Players will be able to customize their assassin through the Animus, and undertake a new adventure filled with the historical intrigue, assassinations, stealth, and parkour mechanics that are hallmarks of the series.
The Division Resurgence, the new free-to-play RPG mobile shooter, will launch for iOS and Android devices this fall. An urban open-world game that aims to bring a true The Division experience to handheld devices, The Division Resurgence explores what happened in New York City after the event of The Division, as citizens banded together and started to rebuild. Anyone can register now for upcoming test phases, but players in Australia, Chile, Denmark, Finland, Netherlands, Norway, Philippines, Spain, and Sweden will be eligible for a Regional Beta running from June 13 until July 24. If selected, participants will be able to share their feedback with the development team and test new main missions, activities, and agent specializations.
The Crew Motorfest is launching on September 14, when players on Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PS5, PS4, and PC can race their way through the island of O’ahu and immerse themselves in a celebration of car culture. Whether it’s speeding through the streets of Honolulu, careening down the side of a volcano, offroading into a rainforest, or taking a relaxing drive along mountain roads or sandy beaches, The Crew Motorfest offers a lot of ways for players to explore the beautiful setting. It also offers a diverse fleet of vehicles for players to choose from, and its playlist feature lets you choose your own path through a selection of campaigns themed around different car-culture experiences and driving styles, including American muscle cars, Japanese street-racing, electric supercars, and more.
Skull and Bones is hosting a Closed Beta on August 25 for PC players, and registrations are now open for those who want to play the open-world pirate game ahead of its release. Ubisoft News spoke with Senior Producer Neven Dravinski to learn more about what players will get a chance to do in the Closed Beta, the feedback the team has received from Insider Program players, and how the team is working with the community to get the game ready for launch.
Just Dance 2024 Edition is launching on October 24 for Xbox Series X|S, PS5, and Switch, bringing 40 new songs to bust a move to. Those who own both Just Dance 2023 and Just Dance 2024 can have the catalogs for both games displayed together, and a new feature allows you to play tracks online with friends who own Just Dance 2023 Edition. To celebrate the announcement of Just Dance 2024, Just Dance 2023 players will get early access to “Sail” by AWOLNATION from now until June 20.
Captain Laserhawk: A Blood Dragon Remix, a new anime-inspired series coming to Netflix this fall, debuted a teaser trailer during Ubisoft Forward. Betrayed by the love of his life, Dolph Laserhawk has been subsequently imprisoned in the high-security Supermaxx facility, and must work with a team of rebel outcasts to survive. Set in a dystopian, cyberpunk version of 1992, the show is an Easter egg-filled homage to the early ‘90s, and features remixed versions of characters from several Ubisoft games.
Brawlhalla’s next Epic Crossover, Combat Evolved, is coming on July 12 with two of the most out-of-this-world heroes in gaming history. The Master Chief, an Epic Crossover for Isaiah, is a Spartan supersoldier who has inspired generations of players and will wield the M41 SPNKr Rocket Launcher (with a little help from Guilty Spark for signature attacks). The Arbiter, an Epic Crossover for Sidra, is an unmatched warrior, and will use the Fuel Rod Cannon and Energy Sword in combat.
To celebrate Ubisoft Forward, Ubisoft+ is offering a seven-day free trial! Anyone who registers between now and June 21 will receive a free seven-day trial subscription, giving them access to a growing library of games (including premium editions), day-one access to new releases, and the chance to earn exclusive in-game rewards. Additionally, the Ubisoft Store is offering up to 75% off select titles, and you can get an additional 20% off your entire cart by using the code UBISOFT20 at checkout.
What’s your favorite Ubisoft 2023 announcement?