Welcome to the The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Health Upgrades locations guide that helps you get Max Hearts in the Nintendo Switch open-world action-adventure game.
You’ll gain extra health upgrades in the shape of Heart Containers, which is a rare item that restores some of the life force you lost to the gloom, increasing your maximum number of hearts by one.
Collect 4 Light of Blessing glowing crystals*, you get 1 per 1 completed Shrine. Then find a Goddess Statue (an upgrade shrine shaped like a stone angel statue) in any major settlement and offer the Light of Blessing crystals you’ve collected. You’ll receive 1 Heart Container in exchange for every 4 Light of Blessing crystals.
*”A Light of Blessing is a crystal that glows with a yellow light that purges ancient evil and purifies with its radiance.”
How to upgrade your health:
Now go and bring peace to the world!
The first 4 Shrines to complete:
Up next is the first 4 Shrines guide that shows how to find all the Great Sky Island shrines, so you can open the Temple of Time Door and continue with the story with the new Goddess blessing heart container.
Timeline of the 1st 4 Shrines:
- 00:00 — Ultrahand Ability Shrine #1
- 05:07 — Fuse Ability Shrine #2
- 12:16 — Ascend Ability Shrine #3
- 16:12 — Recall Ability Shrine #4
The best Shrines to complete first:
There are 152 Shrines to explore in The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom. Here’s which of the Shrines you should visit and complete first.
Timeline of the best early Shrines:
- 0:00 — Kyononis Shrine (Central Hyrule)
- 2:08 — Yamiyo Shrine (Romano Plains)
- 3:23 — Jiosin Shrine (Hyrule Field)
- 6:00 — Ishodag Shrine (Hyrule Field; West of Hyrule Castle)
Other The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Guides:
- Next Page: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Cheats
- Next Page: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Map
- Next Page: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Movie Walkthrough
Please comment if you have any additional The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Health Upgrades location tips of your own, we’ll give you credit for it. – Thanks for visiting!