Looking for The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom cheats on Switch? Here we’ll list The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom cheat codes and unlockables with tips for Nintendo’s new open world action-adventure game.
Here we will show you how to unlock all The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom codes with a cheats list that’s valid for the Nintendo Switch-exclusive title (where available).
Take a look at The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom cheats list below…
Table of contents
The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Unlockable Amiibo Rewards
How to unlock the Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Amiibo Rewards:
Scanning amiibo from The Legend of Zelda series will give you helpful weapons and materials*. You can receive helpful materials, weapons or a paraglider fabric (skin) based on the amiibo you scanned.
The “Link (Tears of the Kingdom) amiibo figure” will be the only brand new amiibo released by Nintendo for the game. This amiibo figure will launch alongside the game on May 12. By tapping this amiibo, you can receive weapons and materials, as well as a special fabric for Link’s paraglider.
Here’s a quick amiibo item guide to show you all of the weapons, outfits & paraglider skins you‘ll unlock:
(Click the below pictures for larger versions that show the new skins!)
How to enable Amiibo scanning and how to scan them: Enable Amiibo scanning in the Options menu, then select it from the in-game wheel menu.
Outside of the Zelda series, here are all 55 Amiibo unlocks in Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom…
- Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Link Amiibo
- Zelda: Majora’s Mask Link Amiibo
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild Link Amiibo
- Zelda: Skyward Sword HD Zelda & Loftwing Amiibo
On top of these amiibo, the official Zelda.com page also lists the following Zelda series amiibo will provide you with “helpful materials, weapons, or a paraglider fabric based on which one you scanned.”
- Zelda: Twilight Princess HD Wolf Link Amiibo (sadly it will NOT give you a wolf helper buddy in this game like it did in Zelda: Breath of the Wild)
- Zelda: Ocarina of Time Link Amiibo
- The Legend of Zelda 8-Bit Link Amiibo
- Zelda: The Wind Waker HD Toon Link & Zelda Amiibo
- Zelda: Skyward Sword HD Link Amiibo
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild Bokoblin Amiibo
- “…and more!” means you should try every single Zelda & Smash Bros. series Amiibo for a reward. Yes, including Link’s Awakening, Breath of the Wild’s Champions or a Guardian.
*Note: All of these cosmetic items can be obtained in-game as well. For example, as you progress through the story you’ll eventually be able to buy all armor and weapons at Cece in Hateno. More specificially, you can find other items at specific locations like the Hylian Shield that can be found in the Docks in Hyrule castle, if you enter from the north entrance near the huge hole in the ground, then light the torch (like you did in Breath of the Wild) for the shrine to appear, only this time a chest appears.
The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Gives Breath of the Wild Save File Rewards
How to unlock bonus rewards from Zelda: Breath of the Wild in Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom: If you’ve played and saved a save file of Zelda: Breath of the Wild on your Switch, when you start playing Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom, certain bonus rewards will carry over to the sequel, including…
- Your horses at the stables. All horses you had boarded at the stables will still be there for you to ride.
- The contents of your house. For example, if you completed the Champion’s Ballad DLC, the photo you get at the end will be in your house.
- NPC interactions. For example, characters in Hyrule will remember you completing quests for them.
- More? There might be more that hasn’t been discovered yet.
The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom How To Get Overpowered Link at the Start
How to unlock Overpowered Link early on in Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom:
- 00:00 — Intro
- 00:37 — Early Cold Resist Gear
- 02:17 — Find The Fierce Deity Boots
- 03:21 — Find The Barbarian Armor
- 04:28 — Get The Hylian Hood
- 04:53 — Get A Horse & Towing Harness
- 05:58 — Find Hestu
- 06:27 — Laser Guns?
- 07:32 — Find Pristine Weapons
- 08:32 — Upgrade Hearts & Stamina
- 09:02 — Find A Great Fairy Fountain
- 09:57 — Build Drivable Cars & Boats
- 10:42 — Conclusion
The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Tips and Tricks
Read below for a full list of what you can build and the new abilities you can use in your adventure.
How much fun can you have in Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom’s sandbox? Get introduced to the building mechanics…
Get some early tips & tricks from the hands-on previews. Find out about the new abilities and stamina changes.
Unleash your imagination
Here are just some of the ways Link can tap into his new abilities in creative — and sometimes surprising — ways.
Link must travel across the far-reaching land and skies of Hyrule to discover the origins of the mysterious gloom that is plaguing the kingdom.
Use Link’s powerful new abilities like Ultrahand and Fuse to make audacious weapons and craft creative ways to travel across the landscape.
Find new ways to build, battle, and play as you try to uncover the secret menace that threatens Hyrule.
Transform the way you play with Link’s new abilities.
Using the new Ultrahand ability, Link can pick up, move, and rotate objects. He can even attach things together to create bridges, vehicles, and more!
Magically fuse objects to Link’s current weapon, shield, or arrow to increase durability, damage, or even add a new effect. Experiment with lots of different combinations to come up with surprising—and sometimes hilarious—results!
Add a new dimension to your exploration with Ascend, which gives Link the ability to pass through solid objects above him. Rise up through ceilings, hillsides, and even certain enemies to create seemingly impossible shortcuts.
Use Recall to reverse an object’s movement, letting Link ride fallen boulders skyward, recover thrown weapons, or send projectiles back where they came from.
Have fun! 😀
[Work-In-Progress: We’ll add Rupee & other farming spots after the game launches Friday!]
Disclaimer: These are all The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom cheats on Switch found so far. Sadly in modern games cheat codes are often replaced with DLC codes, in which case the best we can do is provide secret unlockables, as well as the handy The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom guides listed above to help you with tips and tricks for the game!
Do you know of any The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom cheats or unlockables? Let us know in the comments, you’ll get credit for finding out. – Thanks for visiting!