The E3 2022-replacement Summer Game Fest 2022 also hosts the Capcom 2022 Press Conference broadcast that aired today, has revealed brand new information about Capcom’s Switch, PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One & Xbox Series X games lineup. Capcom’s E3 2021 keynote conference started on June 13th at 3:00PM PDT (Pacific USA) / 6:00PM EDT (Eastern USA) / 11:00PM BST (London) / 8:00AM AEST (Sydney, Australia) and lasted a slim 35 minutes. What follows is a bulletpoints roundup…
The biggest news included: The highly anticipated Resident Evil 4 Remake and the next Street Fighter 6, a reveal for the Resident Evil 8: Village “Shadows of Rose” DLC, and more gameplay shown for Exoprimal and Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak.
Missing from the show were: Pragmata, Monster Hunter World 2, Dragon’s Dogma 2, or anything Mega Man like a Mega Man Battle Network Collection.
Here’s the full Capcom 2022 Showcase broadcast video: (starts at 28 minutes)
Capcom 2022 Press Conference Roundup:
- Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak Expansion brand new trailer shown. Jungle gameplay shown as a group hunts for Espina and Gore Margola, and two giant crabs. Release date on Switch & PC (Steam) is June 30, 2022. Pre-order bonus nabs you a Palamute (dog) & Palico (cat) buddy armor. Demo available today, can be played solo or in multiplayer with training quests to help you get started.
- Street Fighter 6 video shows Ryu, Chun-Li, Luke & Jamie in action. Features not just battle modes, but new mode that allows you to experience the world of Street Fighter. Release set for 2023 on PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S & PC (Steam).
- Capcom Fighting Collection video shows all classic fighting games will be playable online. Aims to celebrate the 35th anniversary of Street Fighter this year. Release June 24, 2022 on PC (Steam), Switch, PS4 & Xbox One.
- Capcom Arcade 2nd Stadium video shows 32 arcade games. Sonson is free if you download the base game, and Street Fighter II: The World Warrior is free for a limited time as part of Arcade Stadium. Release date is July 22, 2022 on PC (Steam), Switch, PS4 & Xbox One.
- Exoprimal new gameplay trailer gets a world premiere. Team-based action game. Fight to destroy an evil AI called Leviathan chooses you for a live combat test to develop the Exosuits as you fight dinosaurs! Closed network test signup at: exoprimal.com. Release in 2023 on PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X, Xbox One & PC (Steam).
- Dragon’s Dogma celebrates its 10th anniversary on June 16th 3PM PDT / 11PM BST, presumably livestreaming on the official Capcom Youtube channel. So hopefully for the fans they will get the long-awaited sequel Dragon’s Dogma 2 then.
- Resident Evil 8: Village sold over 6 million units worldwide. Thanks to the fans for the support. World premiere “Shadows of Rose” DLC debut shows 16 years later Ethan’s daughter Rose has grown up, but can’t seem to live a normal life. “Something moved on her hand,” someone says as it’s revealed she was born special powers. She returns to the house. + New The Mercenaries Mode content “Additional Orders” coming. Ethan returns in third-person mode. “RE8 Gold Edition” or Winters’ Expansion DLC release date is October 28, 2022. Also coming to Mac and PS5’s PS VR2.
- Resident Evil 4 Remake debut trailer. Leon returns in 4K UHD! Reimagining of the 2005 original. Release date is March 24, 2023 on PS5, Xbox Series X & PC (Steam).
- Resident Evil 2, 3 & 7 are coming to next-gen consoles PS5 & Xbox Series X/S with 4K UHD & 3D audio support. Available today! Even better, it’s a free upgrade if you owned the remakes and/or 7 on the previous console generation.
What Capcom games are you most excited about?