The E3 2022-replacement Summer Game Fest 2022 continues today with Tribeca Festival 2022, as the Tribeca Festival profiles its 2022 game selections including Cuphead: The Delicious Last Course, A Plague Tale 2: Requiem, a surprise announcement for Oxenfree II: Lost Signals and more unique indie games that may surprise you in a fun and pleasant way.
Here’s the full Netflix Geeked Week 2022 broadcast video:
Main Tribeca Festival 2022 Show Roundup:
- Thirsty Suitors trailer shows it’s not easy for her to go home. Made by Outer Loops of Falcon Age VR game indie fame. The Indian Jala must battle her exes.
- The Cub is the Jungle Book in an urban post-apocalyptic world, where the ultra-rich fleed to cities on Mars. Like the developer’s previous game, Golf Club Wasteland, the rich return to Earth to play golf and discover humans still alive, so you become hunted and must escape their grasp. Future-retro style. Cinematic platformer.
- As Dusk Falls is a graphic platformer, crime drama. Performances captured with acors and turned into 2D painted graphics. Lots of dialog tree options.
- Venba recipe cooking game involving family cooking in the kitchen. A mother with her son, trying to make her Indian family’s generations connect by making food together to fix her damaged recipe book after she moved away from her kid to Canada..
- A Plague Tale 2: Requiem sees the first game’s leads and lots of rats return. Asobo Studio, where 250 developers work on games like Microsoft Flight Simulator, the team wanted to make a French action-adventure game that’s not a hero-fantasy. Little brother Hugo and big sister Amicia return and grow up together throughout the story. Stealth and sneak attacks are the name of the game. Rats also allow the devs to symbolize plagues as an enemy. Their writing technique is like writing episodes of a TV series, hence it was natural to write a sequel through three years of production.
- Cuphead: The Delicious Last Course returns with a new 2D shoot ’em up adventure sequel and a new heroine character. More fantastical cartoon-animated action. Release date is June 30, 2022.
- Oxenfree II: Lost Signals trailer shows off the 2.5D platformer sequel. It’s all about the characters, the creators want you to relate to them and care for them. The radio will allow you to explore more of the island as certain objects will resonate with the radio signals to bring you back to the past of 1899. Time portals you go through, allow you to change the past. Tears in time appear to mess things up by bringing things from the past into the future! And that’s dangerous. Coming soon.
- Immortality by the Her Story developer (director Sam Barlow). Actress Marissa Marcel has disappeared, can you find out why she has disappeared?
- American Arcadia is the most watched reality TV show. When Trevor finds out his life there is fake from hacker Angela, he tries to escape with her (and your help)! 1970s style. Looks like a fun story-driven 2.5D adventure!
Which of these indie games are you most excited about?