How to unlock all Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl characters? That question will be answered in this guide that shows you how to unlock characters in Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl to get a full character roster.
Table of contents
How To Unlock All Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl Characters
Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl Unlockable Characters
Developers Ludosity & Fair Play Labs have revealed all 20 playable characters are available in Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl at launch from the moment you begin playing, they are….
- SpongeBob SquarePants (SpongeBob SquarePants)
- Patrick Star (SpongeBob SquarePants)
- Sandy Cheeks (SpongeBob SquarePants)
- Leonardo (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
- Michelangelo (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
- April O’Neil (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
- Oblina (Aaahh!!! Real Monsters)
- Aang (Avatar: The Last Airbender)
- Korra (The Legend of Korra)
- CatDog (CatDog)
- Danny Phantom (Danny Phantom)
- Helga Pataki (Hey Arnold!)
- Zim (Invader Zim)
- Lincoln Loud (The Loud House)
- Lucy Loud (The Loud House)
- Reptar (Rugrats)
- Nigel Thornberry (The Wild Thornberrys)
- Ren (The Ren & Stimpy Show)
- Stimpy (The Ren & Stimpy Show)
- Powdered Toast Man (The Ren & Stimpy Show)
But there are more characters to follow through future DLC…
Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl Unlockable DLC Characters
Below we’ve listed the 21 secret characters in Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl in the order they were discovered by PROJECT SN3K & RockmanBN‘s datamining. They were revealed by looking at the game code’s 2D texture assets and audio files. Of course these are subject to change, but we think it’s very likely these first 3 are your next couple of DLC characters!
- Garfield (Garfield)
- Shredder (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
- Rhino (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
Also, there were a lot of voice lines discovered for miscellaneous characters & stages including…
- Zuko (Avatar: The Last Airbender)
- Princess Azula (Avatar: The Last Airbender)
- Squidward (SpongeBob SquarePants)
- Mr. Krabs (SpongeBob SquarePants)
- Plankton (SpongeBob SquarePants)
- Mermaidman (SpongeBob SquarePants)
- Krang (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
- Tommy Pickles (Rugrats)
- Angelica Pickles (Rugrats)
- Donnie Thornberry (Rugrats)
- Susie Carmichael (Rugrats)
- Chuckie Finster (Rugrats)
- Jimmy Neutron (Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius)
- Cindy Vortex (Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius)
- Rocko (Rocko’s Modern Life)
- Filburt (Rocko’s Modern Life)
- Dark Danny (Danny Phantom)
- Vlad Plasmius (Danny Phantom)
Funnily enough there are no voices for the playable characters in the game yet, so these are either a hint that voices will be added in the future or these are just background characters or tests. Whatever the case, this is just scratching the surface of the audio files as there are a ton more to go through. There are item voicelines hidden in the game files too.
Note: It’s up to the publisher to make these new characters available in post-launch DLC Packs (be it paid or free).
In a recent interview the game’s developers announced the following character DLC details. To quote Joel Nyström, CEO of developer Ludosity:
Question: How many characters are you planning for the initial release of All-Star Brawl, and what are your plans for DLC characters and stages down the line? When might those show up post-launch?
Answer: “At launch, there will be 20 characters, with 2 more following soon after. Additional DLC characters will be revealed after that. Stay tuned!”
Question: Because it’s called “Nickelodeon” and not “Nicktoons,” can we expect any live-action Nickelodeon characters to show up? Will players see any All That characters or something from Are You Afraid of the Dark?
Answer: “There are no live-action characters in our base lineup, and we are currently not looking at any for future characters either. You never know, but for now, we are focusing on cartoon characters. It fits in with the rest of the roster better, and we feel like we can go a little wilder in the moveset with them.”
Take the following steps to unlock each character:
- If the Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl DLC packs will be made available as paid DLC, you’ll need to buy them from your game system’s digital store. If this happens, expect character packs to be announced in 2021.
- But if they are made available for free as game updates in the future, you’ll only need to keep downloading the latest game patches — which is usually turned on nowadays — to automatically get new fighters added. This tactic is sometimes used by the publisher to keep monthly sales for the game high after launch.
Future DLC Characters:
What DLC Character would you like to see in the future?
Doug will not be a future DLC character due to copyright issues, because when Disney bought the series from Nickelodeon it included the Doug trademark and all rights to future merchandising.
Zuko from Avatar: The Last Airbender would be my pick for most likely to be added DLC character!
Other fan-favorites include: Rocko, and the Angry Beavers’ Norbert & Dagget.
Please share character unlocking tips you’ve discovered in the comments section below, we’ll give you credit for it. – Thanks for visiting!