Due to Corona we may not be able to attend the E3 2021 gaming show live on the Los Angeles, USA showfloor. But instead for the second year in a row Microsoft will be bringing all those sweet sweet upcoming game demo downloads to your livingroom in the annual Xbox Summer Game Fest 2021 Demo Event that runs from June 15 to June 21, 2021! Here you can try out over 40 demos of upcoming unreleased games for Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One! And the demos will complete disappear from your console at the end of the event, so play them while you can! 😮
According to Xbox‘s Jessica Ronnell:
“Last Summer, we presented our first ever ID@Xbox Summer Game Fest Demo Event as part of Geoff Keighley’s Summer Game Fest promotion (which is like E3 but digital-only and all Summer). The feedback we received from fans was amazing! As a result, we’re excited to partner with Summer Game Fest again this year to give you another opportunity to discover lots of new games coming to Xbox.”
Here are 5 of the 40 game demos that were announced so far:
- Sable: Embark on a unique and unforgettable journey and guide Sable through her Gliding; a rite of passage that will take her across vast deserts and mesmerizing landscapes, capped by the remains of spaceships and ancient wonders.
- Lake: It’s 1986 – Meredith Weiss takes a break from her career in the big city to deliver mail in her hometown. How will she experience two weeks in beautiful Providence Oaks, with its iconic lake and quirky community? And what will she do next? It’s up to you.
- The Riftbreaker: The Riftbreaker is a base-building, survival game with Action-RPG elements. You are an elite scientist/commando inside an advanced Mecha-Suit capable of dimensional rift travel. Hack & slash countless enemies. Build up your base, collect samples and research new inventions to survive.
- Echo Generation: The summer of 1993 is nearly at an end and a sleepy Canadian town suddenly becomes home to strange accidents and mutated creatures. Echo Generation is a voxel turn-based adventure game about a gang of kids investigating supernatural occurrences while battling monsters and mechs to save their small town.
- Tunic: Tunic is an isometric action-adventure game where you explore the wilderness, fight monsters, and discover secrets. You play as a tiny fox in a big world that is filled with mystery. A beautiful setting, tight combat, and a variety of items await you on this grand adventure.
- Other Games: While not yet announced, it’s to be expected other games close to launch (within one year) that recently had trailers uploaded to the ID@Xbox Youtube channel will be included in the Demo Event as well. 🙂
What you should know about this playable demo event:
- These are not normal “game demos.” Typically, the demos you see in our Demo channel are created after the game is completed (or nearly completed) and represent the final version. Many of these demos are early, and some are for games that won’t be out for quite some time. Think of these as akin to “show floor demos” and not necessarily indicative of the final product. What that means is that you’ll get to experience these games early – some way early – which is awesome, but you should also note that these games will continue to evolve and be polished as they near release.
- These demos will only be up on the Xbox Dashboard for a week. Some might be re-published to the Demo channel later, but many will simply evaporate at the end of the week, so make sure to check them out while you can.
- The developers would love to hear what you think. Hit them up on social media or through their websites. If you like the game – tell them! If you have constructive criticism, they would love to hear that too.
Which Xbox games are you excited to play demos of?