Publisher Activision and developer Toys for Bob have released a new trailer for Crash Bandicoot 4: It’s About Time highlighting the recently announced PlayStation 5 version’s key features.
Check Out the Crash Bandicoot 4: It’s About Time ‘PS5 Features’ Trailer:
Here is an overview of the PlayStation 5 version’s key features, via the PlayStation Blog:
Improved Graphics and Performance
Taking full advantage of the PlayStation 5 hardware, Crash Bandicoot 4: It’s About Time presents Crash at his platforming best, starting with support for native 4K targeting 60 frames per second (requires 4K compatible device) and enhanced 3D audio (with a compatible headset). Wall run, spin jump, and rail grind using outstanding, crisp controls on levels lovingly built by the art and animation team, now even more vibrant and colorful on the PlayStation 5.
And waste no time in saving the multiverse! Featuring shorter load times, it’s easier and faster than ever to jump right into the action.
The DualSense wireless controller adds a whole new level of immersion to Crash Bandicoot 4: It’s About Time, making this the most tactile Crash experience yet. Using the controller’s adaptive triggers, you’ll feel the force of Neo Cortex’s DNA-changing blaster, the grip of Tawna’s Hookshot, the power of Crash’s Jetboard, and really feel the suction when you vacuum with Dingodile. Experience dynamic and immersive play, whether you’re dodging pirates and TNT in the Salty Wharf or crunching on the snow in the Eleventh Dimension.
Track Progress with Activity Cards
PlayStation 5’s Activity Card feature will give players a clear breakdown of their progress throughout each of the game’s dimensions. For those true bandicoot masters, this means helping obtain the infamous 106% completion. Activity cards allow you to track your progress and help you hit your goals in time trials, flashback levels, and boss fights. So wherever you are on your multi-dimensional quest for completion, you’ll have the help you need to get ahead.
Upgrade and Crossover from PlayStation 4
Already own the PlayStation 4 version of the game? We’ve got you covered. Owners of both the digital and physical versions of Crash Bandicoot 4: It’s About Time can upgrade from the PlayStation 4 to the enhanced PlayStation 5 version at no additional cost. PlayStation 4 digital owners can navigate to the PlayStation 5 version of the game at PlayStation Store and download it at no cost (except in Japan). PlayStation 4 disc owners must insert their disc into their PlayStation 5 and navigate to the PlayStation Store to download the PlayStation 5 version at no cost (except in Japan)*. Internet connection is required to upgrade.
On top of that, you’ll be able to transfer your save data from PlayStation 4 to PlayStation 5 so you can start right where you left off. To do so, follow these steps:
• Before starting confirm you have an internet connection and you are logged into your PS account.
• On your PS4 navigate to the “Select a Save Slot” screen.
• Select the slot with data you want to transfer to your PS5.
• Use your controller to select Upload to cloud.
• You will get a prompt to confirm the upload, select Upload to Cloud.
• You will get a prompt indicating the upload was successful, click continue to return to the game.
• On your PS5 navigate to the “Select a Save Slot” screen.
• Select the slot you want to save your PS4 data to.
• Use your controller to select Download Cloud Save.
• You will get a prompt to confirm the download, select Download Cloud Save.
• You will get a prompt to enter your initials, enter your initials and select Next.
• You will get a prompt to select a playstyle, select Modern or Retro.
• You will get a prompt that the download was successful, select continue to return to the game.
Crash Bandicoot 4: It’s About Time is available now for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, and will launch for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, and Switch on March 12, followed by PC via Battle.net later in 2021.