Wonder Boy: Asha in Monster World Japanese Launch Set for April. New Trailer
Wonder Boy: Asha in Monster World will launch for PlayStation 4, Switch, and PC via Steam on April 22 in Japan, publisher G Choice and developer Studio Artdink announced.
Watch the Wonder Boy: Asha in Monster World New Trailer:
In the west, Wonder Boy: Asha in Monster World is planned for release in “early 2021” via publisher ININ Games, and will be available at retail on both PlayStation 4 and Switch.
Here is an overview of the game, via western publisher ININ Games:
The Original Development Team Behind the Wheel
The game is a fully remastered version of the famous Wonder Boy IV from 1994 with the development being led by the creator of the Wonder Boy series, Ryuichi Nishizawa. Nishizawa-san is supported by members of the original development team. Shinichi Sakamoto (sound), Maki ?zora (character design) and Takanori Kurihara (creative management) are creating the next entry of the beloved series.
Dream Team with New Features
Asha is chosen to leave her village in order to rescue missing spirits and to save the world. Luckily, she has her blue flying friend Pepelogoo to help her on her adventures.
While the story stays true to the origins, there are many updates and features that will be included in the new Wonder Boy: Asha in Monster World:
• For the first time ever: Character voices.
• Remastered graphics with a fresh 2.5D design.
• New dynamic and impressive cutscenes and animations.
• Remastered game sounds and soundtrack by Shinichi Sakamoto.
• Additional easy mode, so everyone alike can enjoy the game.
The developers listened closely to the fans to make sure that their feedback will be implemented in order to create a stunning fresh take on the Wonder Boy brand that will make gamers happy.
Original Monster World IV Included
As an ode to the game’s legacy, the beloved original Monster World IV is included in all physical editions of ININ Games. The original game is not included in any of the digital versions, it’s exclusively available in the physical retail and limited editions for North America, Europe and Australia. For the Nintendo Switch, it will be featured on the cartridge, while there will be an exclusive download code included with the PS4 disc version.
The retail editions for Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4 will be available at a price of €39,99. As mentioned above, these will also include the original Monster World IV.
The Western retail release will be in Q2 2021 for North America, Europe and Australia.
Exclusive, physical editions
Three exclusive limited editions can be pre-ordered only at Strictly Limited Games. All limited editions come with the original Monster World IV:
• The Limited Edition is available for €39.99, limited to 3,500 copies for Nintendo Switch and 1,700 copies for PlayStation 4 worldwide.
• The Collector’s Edition is available for €99.99, limited to 2,500 copies for Nintendo Switch and 1,200 copies for PlayStation 4 worldwide and includes fantastic items to celebrate the game like Monster World Map, 2x OST (Original + Remix), Artbook and a Squishy Ball Pepelogoo and many more.
• The Mega Collector’s Edition is available for €179.99, limited to 999 copies for Nintendo Switch and 499 copies for PlayStation 4 worldwide. This edition celebrates the origins of the game and features everything from the Collector’s Edition and in addition more awesome items like the Asha and Pepelogoo Figurine (18cm / 7.1″), Asha Pixel Pin, a Vinyl Sticker for your console and more.
Tags: Wonder Boy: Asha in Monster World
Categories: News, Nintendo Switch News, PC News, PS4 News