Sony is launching its 5th generation home console today November 12th, 2020*. Congrats! Let’s celebrate with some extensive PlayStation 5 unboxing videos. 😀
*Keep in mind, while the USA, Japan, Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand & South Korea get the PS5 today, the rest of the world will have to wait an extra week until November 19th, 2020.
What’s in both editions of the PS5 console box?
- The PS5 console or PS5 Digital Edition console,
- One DualSense wireless controller,
- USB Type-C to Type A charging cable for the DualSense wireless controller,
- HDMI cable (compatible with Ultra High Speed defined by HDMI version 2.1),
- AC power cord,
- Base that allows you to orient the console either vertically or horizontally,
- Quick Start and Safety guide,
- Astro’s Playroom PS5 game is pre-installed on the console.
There’s no two ways around it, when unboxing your PS5 you’ll immediately notice it’s the biggest console ever made, it’s HUGE! 😮
With 8K video playback (in a future update), a 4K Blu-ray player (if you have that edition) and 120FPS HDR 4K UHD gaming, Sony are really pushing next-gen to the limit! That is, if your 4K TV has HDMI 2.1 ports, then you’re set. The launch games, cross-gen as some may be, really aim to show what the PS5 can do right out of the gate with Sony exclusives like Spider-Man: Miles Morales and Demon’s Souls Remake. And you might be pleasantly surprised to find a free game pre-loaded onto your brand new console, Astro’s Playroom to try out your new PS5 controller’s DualSense functions with. ^_^
The official PlayStation 5 unboxing video by PlayStation Access:
Sony’s PS5 Teardown gives an up-close look at the console hardware:
A fun PS5 & Xbox Series X unboxing video comparison by DF:
Since I’m in Europe, I have to wait a week to unbox mine. If you haven’t pre-ordered a PS5, it will be very tough to get one in the year 2020.
Tip: Also check out our Xbox Series X & S unboxing article.
Are you excited for the next-gen consoles arriving this week? Which are you getting?