Publisher of retro-and-modern games Ziggurat Interactive has announced that later this month, they will release updated versions of the classic third-person vampire-themed action-RPGs, BloodRayne and BloodRayne 2. In a nod to the series’ original developers, Terminal Reality, and to reflect their direct work on these new releases, these updated games will be named BloodRayne: Terminal Cut and BloodRayne 2: Terminal Cut.
Check Out the BloodRayne 1 and 2 are Enhanced Editions Trailer:
These two enhanced versions will be available on Steam and GOG.com on November 20, 2020, and will feature many improvements for PC players.
• Support for higher display resolutions (up to 4K / 3840×2160)
• Improved rendering with up to 4x anti-aliasing.
• Upscaled cinematic videos.
• Support for modern gamepads (XInput controller support).
• Improvements to lighting at engine level, plus fully reprocessed lighting data.
• Engine improvements to support uncompressed original textures.
• Improvements to effects such as reflections, water, fog, and shadows.
• Localizations include:
– BloodRayne: Fully voiced with localized interfaces in English, French, Italian, Spanish.
– BloodRayne 2: Localized interface and subtitles for English, French, German, Italian, Spanish.
• Optimized for Windows 10.
“The response was tremendous when we announced that we had taken over stewardship of the BloodRayne series,” said Wade Rosen, President of Ziggurat Interactive. “Fans have been asking what’s next for the series, and now we’re excited to show off the great work that’s been done by Terminal Reality on the first two titles.”
The third-person horror action series BloodRayne introduced gamers to Rayne, a brutal half-vampire femme fatale traveling the world to foil Nazi plans, battle supernatural threats, and uncover more about her vampiric heritage. Featuring a unique protagonist, fast-action combat, vampiric powers, and a globe-spanning storyline, BloodRayne and BloodRayne 2 offered a dynamic and visceral gameplay experience. Beloved by fans and critics alike, BloodRayne became a true cross-media phenomenon, spanning games, comics, and films across the early 2000s.
Ziggurat Interactive has over 40 retro classic games in development, with new games releasing every month. Keep up to date on the latest news from Ziggurat on the company’s official website.