Team Reptile — the indie developer behind Lethal League — has just dropped a teaser trailer for a new title called Bomb Rush Cyberfunk, and it looks a lot like the legendary cult classic Jet Set Radio. In fact, the team even brought on one of JSR‘s original composers, Hideki Naganuma.
Check Out the Bomb Rush Cyberfunk Teaser Trailer:
“In a world from the mind of Dion Koster, where self-styled crews are equipped with personal boostpacks, new heights of graffiti are reached,” say Team Reptile. “Start your own cypher and dance, paint, trick, face off with the cops and stake your claim to the extrusions and cavities of a sprawling metropolis in an alternate future.”
Team Reptile say that you’ll be free to jump, grind, trick, and airdash your way around the city. Each stage of the game takes place in a neighborhood representing a different time of day. Your goal is to find and tag as many spots as possible with your name. Oh, and “you will encounter a lot of weirdos,” apparently.
A tweet from Team Reptile says Bomb Rush Cyberfunk is on its way to consoles as well.
About Bomb Rush Cyberfunk
Team Reptile brings you Bomb Rush Cyberfunk, one second per second of highly advanced funkstyle. In a world from the mind of Dion Koster, where self-styled crews are equipped with personal boostpacks, new heights of graffiti are reached. Start your own cypher and dance, paint, trick, face off with the cops, and stake your claim to the extrusions and cavities of a sprawling metropolis in an alternate future set to the musical brainwaves of Hideki Naganuma.
• In the game you can choose a character from your crew and explore the three-dimensional streets freely.
• Each stage is a neighborhood that represents one time of day.
• You can grind, slide, jump, trick and airdash to move around
• The goal is to get your name up, your name up on the wall. Every stage has many spots to find where you can paint graffiti.
• You will encounter a lot of weirdos.
• Will the game have online multiplayer?
The experience is focused on single-player, no further comment as of yet.
• When will the game be released?
Not this year, it’s unlucky.
• Remember the future?
Nothing for nothing.
Bomb Rush Cyberfunk is coming sometime in 2021,