13: Sentinels: Aegis Rim is coming to the PlayStation 4 on September 8, Atlus announced.
Watch the 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim ‘Stories’ Trailer:
Pre-order the game at physical retailers to secure your exclusive artbook, featuring Vanillaware’s signature painterly illustrations. A digital artbook will be available with digital pre-orders from PlayStation Store, coming soon.
Due to the impact of COVID-19 on the production schedules, 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim will only include Japanese VO at release on September 8. A free English VO patch will be available after launch. The exact timing will be shared at a later date.
About 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim
Vanillaware, the storytellers behind Odin Sphere and Dragon’s Crown, craft a sci-fi mystery epic spanning thirteen intertwining stories.
Uncover the truth and delve into a 2D sidescrolling adventure featuring gorgeous art and environments. Then, battle the kaiju in fast-paced, top-down combat. Customize the Sentinels with an arsenal of mechsuit weaponry, and fight to defend humanity!
• Beautifully rendered in Vanillaware’s signature hand-painted visual style.
• Uncover a deep story through visions of the past and the future.
• The doomsday clock is ticking. Become a Sentinel pilot, customize your mech, and fight waves of kaiju in top-down tactical combat.
• Along with the recognition of Japanese game industry leaders, 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim has won numerous awards.
• Japan Game Awards 2019, Future Division Winner.
• Famitsu Dengeki Game Award 2019, Best Scenario Award & Best Adventure Award (2 divisions)
• Japan Otaku Awards 2019, Grand Prize.
• IGN Japan Game of the Year 2019, 6th Place.
• IGN Japan User’s Choice 2019, 2nd Place.
• Weekly Famitsu (PS4 Special Feature, sold March 12th, 2020), Ranked in 10th for “PlayStation 4 Must-Play Titles,” selected from all PlayStation 4 titles ever sold.
• 51st Seiun Award, Media Category, Nominee.