Pokemon Go July 2020 Events Roundup
7 July 2020
Posted by:Ferry Groenendijk
It’s another busy month for Pokemon Go players around the world. Here’s a quick bullet-point Pokemon Go July 2020 Events Roundup list and cheat sheet.
Pokemon Go July 2020 Events List
- July 1-August 1: July Research Breakthrough Encounter: (possible shiny) Larvitar. Complete a daily Research Task for 7 days to get this reward.
- July 1-July 7 1PM: Legendary Pokemon Zekrom still in 5-Star Raids.
- July 3-July 6: (Possible shiny) Ho-Oh Raid Weekend returns.
- July 3 8AM-July 8 10PM: Go Fest Weekly Challenge: Week 1: Skill & 4th Anniversary. Pokemon debuts of: Ducklett, Shiny Pidove, and (possible shiny) Flying Pikachu. Complete Skill Timed Research to earn an encounter with Ducklett, Flying Pikachu, a Star Piece, and more! Take a snapshot up to 5 times a day to get photobombed by Flying Pikachu. Jump-Start Special Research returns.
- July 6 10PM-July 20 10PM: GO Battle League – Season 2 continues! Master League & Premier Cup starts now.
- July 7 6PM-7PM: Pokemon Spotlight Hour featuring (possible shiny) Taillow. And you’ll earn twice the Candy for transferring Pokemon.
- July 7 1PM: Team GO Rocket Balloon Grunt fights debut. You can challenge Team GO Rocket Grunts, Leaders, and Giovanni from home.
- July 7 1PM-August: Legendary Pokemon Kyurem debuts in 5-Star Raids. Raid Hour every Wednesday.
- July 10 8AM-July 15 10PM: Go Fest Weekly Challenge: Week 2: Battle. Complete Battle Timed Research to earn an encounter with Hitmonlee, Absol, a Super Rocket Radar, and more! And test your battle skills.
- July 12 11AM-2PM: Battle-themed Event. Expect a (possible shiny) Pokemon to appear as a win-reward in GO Battle League.
- July 14 6PM-7PM: Pokemon Spotlight Hour featuring (possible shiny) Zubat. And you’ll earn twice the XP for evolving Pokemon.
- July 15 6PM-7PM: Kyurem Raid Hour.
- July 17 8AM-July 22 10PM: Go Fest Weekly Challenge: Week 3: Friendship. Pokemon debuts of: Petilil, Shiny Bellsprout, and (possible shiny) Summer Pikachu. Complete Friendship Timed Research to earn an encounter with Alolan Raichu, Petilil, a Lucky Egg, and more! Take a snapshot up to 5 times a day to get photobombed by Summer Pikachu.
- July 19 11AM-5PM: July Community Day featuring (possible shiny) Gastly. Evolve Haunter (Gastly’s evolved form) during the event or up to 2 hours afterward to get a Gengar that knows Shadow Punch. Take up to 5 snapshots during the event to get photobombed by (possible shiny) Gastly. For US$1 you’ll be able to access the Community Day–exclusive Special Research story: The Great Gastly!
- July 20 10PM-July 27 10PM: GO Battle League – Season 2 continues! All three leagues and the Premier Cup will be available.
- July 21 6PM-7PM: Pokemon Spotlight Hour featuring (possible shiny) Oddish. And you’ll earn twice the Stardust for catching Pokemon.
- July 22 6PM-7PM: Kyurem Raid Hour.
- July 25 10AM-8PM: Pokemon GO Fest 2020 Day 1. Ticket holders can encounter over 75 species of Pokemon (with much higher shiny chances!) in the wild, in raids, and by completing Special Research tasks. Shiny Snorlax and a new Mythical Pokemon debut is unconfirmed but expected.
- July 26 10AM-8PM: Pokemon GO Fest 2020 Day 2. Ticket holders can expect the Day 2 experience to be a surprise. Mega Evolutions debut perhaps? What has been confirmed is that there’ll be another Special Research story. And no doubt there’ll be many Pokemon with increased shiny chances!
- July 28 6PM-7PM: Pokemon Spotlight Hour featuring Buizel. And you’ll earn twice the XP for catching Pokemon.
Pokemon Go July 2020 Events Cheat Sheet
We’re super pumped for all the shinies we expect to catch during Pokemon Go Fest 2020!
Which Pokemon Go events are you most excited for in July?
Tags: Pokemon Go
Categories: Mobile News, News