Niantic has announced more details for this year’s global Pokemon Go Fest 2020 (at home edition) including dates, times, ticket price, rewards, shinies, spawns and more!
Let’s go over what’s been confirmed for this special Pokemon Go event so far…
Pokemon Go Fest 2020 Dates & Times
- Pokemon GO Fest 2020 Day 1: On Saturday, July 25, 2020, from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. local time.
- Pokemon GO Fest 2020 Day 2: On Sunday, July 26, 2020, from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. local time.
Pokemon Go Fest 2020 Ticket Price
Tickets to Pokemon GO Fest 2020 are now available in the in-app shop at a price of $15, £15, €17 plus any applicable taxes and fees (or the equivalent in your local currency). Note that Tickets cannot be purchased with PokeCoins.
Pokemon Go Fest 2020 How To Buy A Go Fest 2020 Ticket
- From the Main Menu (press the Pokeball icon to get there) select the Shop icon. Once you’re in the shop, tap the Pokémon GO Fest 2020 image near the top.
- Tap the Buy button.
- You’ll then see a pop-up indicating that you’ve received a ticket for Pokémon GO Fest 2020.
- After you tap OK, you can find the ticket in your Item Bag.
- A few days before the event, you’ll receive a medal. When you open the app during Day 1, you’ll receive access to the Pokémon GO Fest 2020 experience, including the first Special Research story! Make sure to open the app during Day 2 to receive the second Special Research story.
- After you’ve obtained the Special Research lines, you can complete them at any time. Tickets to this event are nonrefundable (subject to applicable law and the exceptions set forth in the Terms of Service).
Pokemon Go Fest 2020 Rewards
Pokemon GO Fest 2020 Day 1 Rewards: On Saturday, July 25, from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. local time, Trainers will enjoy the following.
- Trainers can access a Special Research story that they can get only on Day 1.
- Five rotating habitats — themed around fire, water, grass, battle, and friendship — will feature special Pokémon that go along with that habitat’s theme. These habitats will rotate every hour, so each habitat will be featured twice during Day 1.
- Trainers will be able to work together in the Global Challenge Arena! This GO Fest–exclusive feature will be available only to ticket holders. In the Global Challenge Arena, Trainers will have a chance to join forces in order to complete a collaborative challenge each hour. If Trainers complete a challenge, they will earn a bonus for the remainder of the hour. You can check the Global Challenge Arena screen to keep track of global progress!
- Trainers will be able to encounter over 75 species of Pokémon in the wild, in raids, and by completing Special Research tasks.
Pokemon GO Fest 2020 Day 2 Rewards: On Sunday, July 26, from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. local time, Trainers will enjoy… something very different! We want the Day 2 experience to be a surprise, so ticket holders will learn what we have in store that very day. There’ll also be another Special Research story for Trainers to enjoy.
Pre-Pokemon GO Fest 2020 Rewards: Trainers will enjoy an exciting summer of Pokémon GO events in the three weeks leading up to Pokemon GO Fest 2020!
All Trainers globally, regardless whether they have a Pokémon GO Fest 2020 ticket, will be able to enjoy three weeks of weekly challenges in the form of Pokémon GO Fest 2020 Timed Research lines. By completing these Timed Research lines, Trainers will unlock additional Pokémon appearances during Pokémon GO Fest 2020. Stay tuned for more details in a future announcement!
Pokemon Go Fest 2020 Shinies
Pokemon Go Fests are famous for their increased shiny rates, varying from an active player catching anywhere from a few to dozens of shinies in an afternoon of playing. While Niantic has remained coy on whether this will carry over to the global Go Fast event, fans are certainly hoping that will be the case.
Go Fest 2020 shinies that have been confirmed through the promotional images for the event include: Gible, Alolan Exeggutor, Seviper, Zangoose, Chinchou, Pikachu, Eevee, and Oddish.
The other featured Pokemon are Charizard, Snorlax, Jigglypuff, and Cherrim (Sunny). With each Go Fest debuting at least 3 new shinies, could be we getting shiny Snorlax for the first time? Your guess is as good as mine.
Pokemon Go Fest 2020 Spawns
For starters, there will be event-exclusive Unown letters that will spawn. As well as the region-exclusives Seviper and Zangoose.
In total, trainers will be able to encounter over 75 species of Pokémon in the wild, in raids, and by completing Special Research tasks.
As the rewards list above detailed, there will be five rotating habitats (presumably each of the two days). They are themed around fire, water, grass, battle, and friendship on Day 1 and thus will feature special Pokémon that go along with that habitat’s theme. These habitats will rotate every hour, so each habitat will be featured twice during Day 1.
Day 2 will be a surprise and remain unannounced until July 26th, 2020, itself arrives.
Are you excited for Pokemon Go Fest 2020? We already bought our tickets for the extra shinies! 😀