Looking for Animal Crossing: New Horizons cheats on Switch? Here we’ll list Animal Crossing: New Horizons cheat codes and unlockables with tips for Nintendo’s new life sim game.
Here we will show you how to unlock all Animal Crossing: New Horizons codes with a cheats list that’s valid for the Switch title (where available).
Take a look at the cheats below…
Animal Crossing: New Horizons Cheats List
Time Travel Cheat
To Time Travel to different dates and seasons, simply change the clock on your Nintendo Switch. From the Main Menu, select “System Settings” and go to “Date and Time” to change it to the date you want it to be, while making sure that “Synchronize Clock via Internet” is turned off. This allows you to essentially Time Travel by moving the game backwards or forwards to key holidays throughout the year.
Video guide to Time Traveling:
Animal Crossing: New Horizons Holidays List
- New Years Day on January 1st, 2020.
- Groundhog Day on February 2nd, 2020.
- Valentine’s Day on February 14th, 2020.
- April Fools Day on April 1st, 2020.
- Easter Sunday AKA Bunny Day on April 12th, 2020.
- Labor Day on May 1st, 2020.
- Midsummer’s Day on June 24th, 2020.
- World Nature Day on June 28th, 2020.
- Independence Day on July 4th, 2020.
- Harvest Moon on October 1st, 2020.
- Harvest Day on October 4th, 2020.
- Columbus Day AKA Explorer’s Day on October 12th, 2020.
- Halloween on October 31st, 2020.
- Christmas Eve on December 24th, 2020.
Talk to Tortimer on some of these holidays to receive various items.
Unique seasonal events like Bunny Day* also take place throughout the year, with special visitors and other activities really livening things up.
Note about Special Seasonal Event Updates: * Free software update required. Broadband internet connection required to download software updates. Which means that the game will stop you from Time Traveling when special events happen in the real world, unless you don’t want any updates and stay offline. Of course if you do want the game to be expanded with free updates, these could add extra features, Villagers, and bonus items that accompany each event!
Lots of Money in the Bank:
Time Travel allows the money you put in your savings account to gain interest over the years you skip forward, up to 1 million Bells!
Amiibo Unlockable Villagers & Gifts
What does the Amiibo support unlock in Animal Crossing: New Horizons?
- Animal Crossing Amiibo Cards can be used on your Island’s campsite (unlocks after the Residents Tent renovation) to permanently bring in Villagers as your neighbours if you have their Villager cards. — Note that this does not work with main characters in the series. — You’ll need to scan each Villager card once a day to get them to move in, since the first few times they may only offer a gift (outfits & furniture?). Good luck!
- Animal Crossing Amiibo Figures can be used in Harvey’s Photopia Booth to take photos with the characters the Amiibo figures represent. Have fun!
This video shows what happens when you scan in all over 400 Amiibo cards to see which cards work:
When is Cheat Day in Animal Crossing: New Horizons?
On your birthday each year, simply go talk to your neighbours to receive a birthday cake. You earned it! j/k 😀
There are no other Animal Crossing: New Horizons cheats on Switch yet. So until they are discovered, we made the handy Animal Crossing: New Horizons guides listed above to help you with tips and tricks for the game!
Do you know of any Animal Crossing: New Horizons cheats or unlockables? Let us know in the comments, you’ll get credit for finding out. – Thanks for visiting!