Nintendo has a new trailer for Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore highlighting battle.
Watch the Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore Battle Trailer:
Here is an overview of the game, via Nintendo.com:
Slay strategically in deep, stylish RPG battles
“The worlds of the Fire Emblem series and Atlus games have crossed paths again and the result is coming to the Nintendo Switch system. An inter-dimensional evil has invaded modern-day Tokyo, resulting in this fantastical barrage of music, style, and yes, danger. So, fight back! Battle through dungeons to pump up your strategy and creatively decimate your foes… before all hope fades to black.
You and the rising stars you call friends will need to call on your own creative power—manifested as iconic Fire Emblem characters—to wage a secret war on rogue spirits that feed on creativity. Each encounter will immerse you in deep, turn-based battles that blend the combat of the Fire Emblem and Shin Megami Tensei series into one brutal harmony. Fuse items to craft weaponry; then play to your strengths and crush your foes. Around every corner you’ll find fun nods to multiple fandoms, including Fire Emblem references, dungeons themed to the entertainment industry, and stunning musical performances.
• The Nintendo Switch version includes one new song, plus story and battle elements not included in the original game
• Play to your strengths in high-energy turn-based battles against rogue enemies
• Call on your creative power—manifested as iconic Fire Emblem™ characters—to save your city
• Exploit enemy weaknesses and destroy them with powerful, flashy, entertainment-themed attacks
• Fuse items to craft increasingly strong weapons and abilities “
Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore is due out for Switch on January 17, 2020.