During the PlayStation’s State of Play broadcast, Capcom celebrated the 20th anniversary of the survival horror classic Resident Evil 3: Nemesis by unveiling a completely reimagined Resident Evil 3. On the heels of the award-winning Resident Evil 2, this highly demanded follow-up in the 94 million unit selling franchise once again utilizes Capcom’s proprietary RE Engine to complete the Raccoon City story arc.
Wath the Resident Evil 3 Remake Announcement Trailer and Developer Message:
Resident Evil 3 stars Jill Valentine – one of video games’ most iconic heroines – as she escapes from a crumbling Raccoon City while being pursued by the unrelenting bioweapon Nemesis. Players can also participate in previously untold Umbrella experiments on the outskirts of Raccoon City in the included online asymmetrical multiplayer game Resident Evil Resistance, previously known as the working title Project Resistance. Resident Evil 3 will be available on PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system, the Xbox One family of devices including Xbox One X and Steam on April 3, 2020.
Resident Evil 3 is set amidst the nightmarish outbreak of the T-virus, a biological weapon developed by the pharmaceutical company Umbrella Corporation. The game marks the debut of Nemesis – a towering humanoid bioweapon designed for both brutality and high-functioning intelligence – whose dogged hunt of S.T.A.R.S. member Jill Valentine made him an icon of the Resident Evil series. Armed with an arsenal of high-powered weaponry and wrapped in a black suit to hide his mutilated features, Nemesis will maim, pulverize or destroy any obstacle on the path to his target.
Here’s Resident Evil 3’s image gallery. Click on any of these image thumbnails to see the full-size screens:
Jill’s harrowing escape takes place in the panic-stricken hours leading up to and following the events of the acclaimed best-selling Resident Evil 2. Intense combat and puzzle solving combine to deliver the heart-pounding final chapter of Raccoon City’s collapse. The horrific settings from the original game and new content come to life as never before with RE Engine, previously utilized to create the acclaimed Resident Evil 7 biohazard, Resident Evil 2 and Devil May Cry 5 with high-definition graphics and modernized gameplay mechanics.
Complementing the action-packed single player campaign is Resident Evil Resistance, an asymmetrical 4 vs. 1 multiplayer game originally unveiled as a working title at Tokyo Game Show earlier this year. As the Mastermind behind the scenes, players can assume the role of key Resident Evil characters like Annette Birkin in a series of deadly experiments. Manipulate the environment and wield a deck of cards to place vicious creatures, set traps and weaponized security cameras to snare hapless Survivors. A first for the franchise, Masterminds can even directly control elite bioweapons like G-Birkin and Tyrant. In turn, four Survivors must effectively work together, making the most of a variety of weapons and each player’s unique special abilities, to stand a chance of escaping the experiment before time runs out.
Resident Evil 3 will be available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Steam on April 3, 2020. Those who pre-order will also receive the exclusive Classic Costume Pack that features the original design for Jill Valentine and hairstyle for Carlos Oliveira.
About Resident Evil 3
Witness the climactic events of Raccoon City in a completely reimagined Resident Evil 3. This highly demanded follow-up in the 94 million unit selling franchise comes on the heels of the award-winning Resident Evil 2, and completes the Raccoon City story arc. Resident Evil 3 will also include the online four-versus-one asymmetric multiplayer experience Resident Evil Resistance when it releases on April 3, 2020 for the PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system, the Xbox One family of devices including Xbox One X, and Steam.
In Resident Evil 3, S.T.A.R.S. member Jill Valentine, one of video games’ most iconic heroines, flees a city being consumed by zombies and other horrifying creatures. Built with Capcom’s proprietary RE Engine, Resident Evil 3 uses modernized gameplay to combine action with classic survival horror in vivid high-definition.
Jill’s harrowing experiences in Resident Evil 3 take place in the nightmarish hours leading up to and following the events in Resident Evil 2, shedding new light on the plight of Raccoon City’s residents. Every hope of escape is cut off by another star in the Resident Evil franchise: the towering Bio Organic Weapon Nemesis. This brutal yet intelligent monstrosity uses an arsenal of high-powered weaponry to indiscriminately eliminate any surviving S.T.A.R.S. members in the city–with Jill being his final target.
• A fan favorite reborn – This highly requested title modernizes a classic favorite 20 years after the original game’s release.
• Up close and personal – An over-the-shoulder camera and modernized control scheme update the 1999 survival horror classic, drawing players into every blood curdling encounter and horrific scare while they navigate the ruins of Raccoon City.
• Another side of Raccoon City – Experience another perspective of the once-vibrant city’s nightmarish outbreak of the TVirus, a biological weapon developed by Umbrella Corporation. Jill’s harrowing struggle for survival takes her from the early moments of the outbreak, and overlaps with the events depicted in the acclaimed best-selling Resident Evil 2 before arriving at the dramatic conclusion of the Raccoon City saga.
• Intense action meets classic survival horror – Overcome chilling encounters in a constant fight for survival that ratchets up the genre-defining horror game’s intensity. Nail-biting exploration complements the gripping puzzle solving that fans have come to love.
• Bone-chilling tension amplified – RE Engine creates a photorealistic apocalyptic setting where grotesque zombies, horrific creatures, and a persistent stalker await around every dark corner. The proprietary engine has fueled a portfolio of acclaimed games such as Resident Evil 2, Devil May Cry 5, and Resident Evil 7 biohazard.
• Premium Collector’s Edition – Resident Evil fans in North America will be able purchase a Collector’s Edition for PlayStation 4 or Xbox One. The premium package will include a physical copy of Resident Evil 3, a statue of Jill Valentine, printed art book, double-sided Raccoon City map wall poster, and digital soundtrack.