Welcome to the Gears 5 Relic Weapons locations guide that helps you find the total of 17 Relic Weapons locations for the Xbox One & PC third-person shooter game. The Claw seems to be the reigning favorite Relic to get!
The description for all these in-game Relic Weapons locations is listed below.
Index of Gears 5 Guides:
- This Page: Gears 5 Relic Weapons Locations Guide
- Next Page: Gears 5 Campaign Collectibles Locations Guide
- Next Page: Gears 5 Jack Components Locations Guide
- Next Page: Gears 5 Jack Abilities Ultimate Upgrades Locations Guide
Gears 5 Relic Weapons
How to find missing Relic Weapons?: In-game the Relic Weapons will appear simply as a special variant of a normal weapon that is usually better in some way and also has a special skin on it. These weapons will be better in combat to make your playthrough easier on harder difficulty levels and are simply more fun to play the game with!
Tip: Relic Weapons always appear near the painted crimson red color COG Tags / Gears of War logo’s.
Note: Collecting the Relic Weapons can all be done in Act 2 & Act 3 of the open world section of Gears of War 5.
In Act 2, Chapter 2. As you enter the open world icy area, it’s on the ridge near trees.
In Act 2. In a red boathouse on the frozen lake.
In Act 2, Chapter 4, after you head through the gate.
In Act 2, Chapter 4. It’s near the abandoned mines, before going into the side-mission, you can walk into its location area through an opened steel bars gate.
In Act 2. Just north of the Condor Crash Site (near the center of the east area).
In Act 2. Near the iceberg in the north-east part of the frozen lake. Look for the path on the iceberg that leads you in between two large ice boulders.
In Act 2. In the north of the map. It’s not far from where you enter the North Communications Tower, from there head to the North Tower Substation.
In Act 3. It’s close to the Abandoned Airport at the beginning of the area. Head past the first 3 hangars to find 3 more hangars and look at the side of the hangar with the number “1” on it.
Near the start of Act 3. It’s at the north middle border of the map (once the map starts opening up), you can find it where the red sands meet the high mountain walls.
In Act 3. As you make your way into the desert, you’ll come across a few dome buildings with green roofs sticking out of the red sand, look for the bottom dome on the map.
In Act 3. Near the North Pump Station, which in turn can be found close by the Cosmonaut Training Facility’s rocket hangar. Go to the car park there and look for the back of a car.
In Act 3. East of the City Ruins. In this nomad area, you’ll find a few abandoned houses, look for the white building with the red Gears skull logo on it. Go near it through the open fence and look for the deceased soldier and his/her weapons carrying cases.
In Act 3. You can find it between the first Water Station and the Cosmonaut Training Facility. Go behind the mountain to find giant pillars holding up the mountain. It’s behind the middle pillar, next to the cactuses.
In Act 3. South-east of the rocket hangar if you follow the cliff line on the map towards the train bridge with the bridge controls. Look for the gold-ish pillars with the red Gears skull symbol on them, it’s at their foot.
In Act 3. Near the Bridge Control House.
In Act 3. Near the Cargo Shipwreck.
In Act 3. Near the crashed Condor.
Hint: While you can only carry 2 weapons and 1 pistol on your person, your skiff can also carry 2 weapons for you. So you’ll be able to bring 5 Relic Weapons with you on your travels!
Finding all 17 Relic Weapon locations and picking them up will help unlock the following Achievements:
- “Relics of the Past” (20 Gamerscore) — Kill an enemy with every Relic Weapon in Campaign.
- “Relic Hunter” (10 Gamerscore) — Equipped 3 Relic Weapons at one time in Campaign. – You can hold 2 weapons and 1 pistol at the same time.
Does the game save each Relic Weapons you collect?: Yes, the game will automatically save the Relic Weapons you just collected if you picked up the Relic Weapon, so you don’t have to play to the end of the mission. After picking up each collectible you can safely quit the mission without losing collectibles progress. – Once collected, these Relic Weapons cannot be picked up again.
Where to find all Relic Weapons in Gears 5? The in-game collectibles locations for the Relic Weapons are described in this detailed video guide with Maka’s handy voice-over tips.
The Relic Weapons are listed in the video in the order that they appear in chronological order per chapter.Timeline in minutes for the Relic Weapons Locations Guide:
- [00:00] – Enforcer Relic Location — Description: This high caliber weapon deals punishing damage, but fires slower than a standard issue Enforcer.
- [01:43] – Longshot Relic Location — Description: Active reloads with this custom Longshot earn you an extra bullet in the chamber before you have to reload.
- [02:30] – Retro Lancer Relic Location — Description: This upgraded Retro Lancer fires explosive rounds that air-burst to hit nearby targets.
- [03:24] – Torque Bow Relic Location — Description: This bow can quickly fire deadly, non-explosive bolts.
- [04:24] – Boltok Relic Location — Description: This custom Boltok has faster handling, and is easier to fire from the hip.
- [05:15] – Dropshot Relic Location — Description: Hold the RT shoulder button to fire, then release it to drop a cryo-blasting freeze round that will stop your enemies cold.
- [06:22] – Boomshot Relic Location — Description: This launcher fires 3 explosive rounds between reloads.
- [07:30] – Talon Relic Location — Description: Hit an active reload for greatly increased damage and a more controllable fire rate.
- [08:25] – Gnasher Relic Location — Description: This modified Gnasher fires a single devastating slug. Take aim and pop heads.
- [09:27] – Claw Relic Location — Description: Hit your active reload to activate a higher rate-of-fire with this large-bore Claw variant.
- [10:26] – Markza Relic Location — Description: This Markza variant fires full-auto when the trigger is held.
- [11:13] – Hammerburst Relic Location — Description: Each trigger-pull with this Hammerburst fires a longer burst than the last.
- [12:17] – Lancer GL Relic Location — Description: This Lancer Grenade Launcher’s alt-fire launcher fires straight, and bursts in the air when it detects a nearby target.
- [13:21] – Snub Relic Location — Description: This Snub fires a precise 2-shot burst.
- [14:17] – Overkill Relic Location — Description: This modified Overkill fires full-auto when the trigger is held.
- [15:05] – Lancer Relic Location — Description: Press the B button to stun your enemy with a rifle-butt to the face. Set them up for an execution or Chainsaw kill.
- [15:48] – Embar Relic Location — Description: This EMBAR is slow to charge, but its high caliber electro-magnetic slug deals extreme damage.
There you go! All Relic Weapons in Gears 5 are yours to wield! 🙂
Huge thanks to Maka for the guide video and tips.
Please comment if you have any additional Gears 5 Relic Weapons location tips of your own, we’ll give you credit for it. – Thanks for visiting!