Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition will launch for PlayStation 4, Switch, and iOS and Android devices worldwide on January 23, 2020, Square Enix announced.
Check Out the Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered New Trailer:
In Japan, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition will be available both physically and digitally for PlayStation 4 and Switch for 4,800 yen, and for iOS via the App Store and Android via Google Play for 2,800 yen. The iOS and Android versions can be downloaded and played for free to a certain extent. PlayStation Store pre-orders include a special PlayStation 4 theme featuring artwork from the original game and the physical edition box artwork as a bonus.
New features in the Remastered Edition include:
- Online multiplayer for up to four players.
- Play across different platforms with the cross-play function.
- Transfer save data across platforms with the cross-progressive function.
- Added challenging new post-game dungeons and bosses.
- Added new variant character skins for each tribe.
- Added new items to equip.
- Newly recorded theme songs “Kaze no Ne” and “Hoshizukiyo” by Yae.
- Newly recorded narration.
- Newly recorded character voices.
Here is a brief overview of the game, via Square Enix:
“Long ago, a giant meteorite fell on the land, and deadly miasma blanketed the world. Crystals keep the miasma in check, but the crystals’ power is not eternal. Young adventurers embark on a journey once a year seeking “drops of myrrh” to purify the crystals. These are the chronicles of brave young adventurers who journey to protect their home. These are the “Crystal Chronicles.”