The E3 2019 PC Gaming Press Conference broadcast aired today, has revealed brand new information about a lineup that’s all about PC games. The PC Gaming Show’s E3 2019 keynote conference started on June 10th at 10:00AM PDT (Pacific USA) / 1:00PM EDT (Eastern USA) / 6:00PM BST (London) / 4:00AM AEST (Sydney, Australia) and lasted one hour and 50 minutes. What follows is a bulletpoints roundup…
Exciting surprises this year were: Evil Genius 2: World Domination, Chivalry 2, Midnight Ghost Hunt (multiplayer Ghostbusters!), Unexplored 2: The Wayfarer’s Legacy, Conan Chop Chop (not an april fools joke afterall), Planetfall: Age of Wonders, Zombie Army 4: Dead War (it’s back!), Planet Zoo (fun sim!), Songs of Conquest, Per Aspera, Auto Chess, CrisTales (indie adventure beautiful graphics), Telling Lies, Genesis Noir, and El Hijo (another indie darling).
Here’s the full E3 2019 PC Gaming Show broadcast video: (starts at 30 minutes)
E3 2019 PC Gaming Press Conference Roundup:
- Evil Genius 2: World Domination reveal trailer shown. – Get ready for lots of clever comments from the returning two hosts of the show, Day9 and Frankie.
- Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 world exclusive reveal trailer. After a 15 years wait, the release date set for Q1 2020. Pre-alpha gameplay footage shown. You feed on the emotions of humans to feel more alive. Bloodlines2.com for more info.
- Starmancer gets a new trailer. Grow your colony, build and expand, customize the rooms, preserve life, make friends in space, as well as enemies like the pirates, . The pixelart makes it look like habbo hotel. Get beta access via playstarmancer.com.
- Chivalry 2 world reveal trailer shows medieval knight battles, raiding villages, castle sieges. Coming in 2020, timed exclusive on Epic Games Store. 64 players at the same time, double the previous game. Monty Python humor influence lets you kill someone with a chicken as you quote Shakespeare. More info at Chivalry2.com.
- Mosaic trailer shown from developer Trilbyte. Coming later in 2019.
- Midnight Ghost Hunt reveal trailer shown from Coffee Stain Studios of Goat Simulator fame. Looks like Ghostbusters, where you play as the ghost as well who can possess objects. The goal being to survive until midnight and then the other party gets the upper hand; Ghosts will be hiding during the day, but get overpowered after midnight. Alpha signups open now at Midnightghosthunt.com.
- Unexplored 2: The Wayfarer’s Legacy reveal trailer shown. Beautiful cel-shaded graphics with top-down gameplay.
- Samsung 27″ 240Hz C27RG5 gaming monitor. 1500R curved screen. G-sync compatible. 3000:1 contrast ratio for deeper colors. Dual-USB. $400 pricepoint. Not 4K.
- Mutant Year Zero: Seed of Evil coming July 30th 2019 to X1, Switch, PC and PS4.
- Conan Unconquered top-down gameplay coming to PC on May 29th 2019.
- Moons of Madness coming Halloween 2019 to PS4, PC & Xbox One.
- Conan Chop Chop april fools joke is a real game. Reveal trailer shown. Funcom putting that Conan license to good use with these pencil-drawn 2D graphics combining roguelike with 4-player co-op action-adventure gameplay. Release date is September 4th 2019 on PC, Switch, PS4 & Xbox One.
- Last Oasis trailer. Coming September 3rd, 2019.
- Planetfall: Age of Wonders reveal trailer shown. 4X turned-based strategy gameplay pits zombies, dinosaurs and humans against each other to conquer a new planet. Release date is August 6th, 2019 on PC and consoles. You can pre-order at aow-planetfall.com.
- Zombie Army 4: Dead War CGI trailer shows epic nazi zombie killing action, be it with pistol, sniper rifle, flamethrower, traps or machinegun. Clearly from the creators of Sniper Elite 4. More at Zombiearmy.com.
- Remnant from the Ashes trailer shown. Fully co-op action shooter from developer Perfect World. Big bosses drop Legendary loot. Each game is unique to the player. Release date is August 20th, 2019 on PC, PS4 & Xbox One. Pre-order to get 4 days early access.
- Griftlands trailer shown of the turned-based cards battler. Alpha release date on July 11th, 2019 as an Epic Games Store exclusive.
- Planet Zoo reveal trailer shown. Management sim that sees you looking after unique animals. Build a habitat for your animals, let them thrive. Release date on November 5th, 2019. Go to PlanetZooGame.com to join the Summer Beta.
- Shenmue 3 creator Yu Suzuki came to the stage to say thank you to the fans for the past 20 years and to say the wait is nearly over. World exclusive look at Shenmue 3 shown. Coming November 19, 2019.
- Songs of Conquest classic turn-based adventure strategy coming from Coffee Stain Studios & Lavalamp. Very unique looking pixel graphics. A magics system affects battles. Sign up for the alpha at Songsofconquest.com. Final game coming in Fall 2020.
- Warhammer: Vermintide 2‘s new PvP mode gameplay trailer shown. You are the new treat in this world. Beta signup at Vermintide2.com.
- Per Aspera trailer shown. In this world the human mind can be transferred to an artificial body, this is used to colonize Mars with machines. Coming 2020.
- Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey trailer shown from the creator of the Assassin’s Creed series Patrice Desilets. You play as the last common ancestor of humankind, the great ape. You play as a group of characters until you evolve until different species. You grow from the hunted into the alpha predator. Ape Simulator 2020? Release date is August 27th, 2019 on PC first (I think as an Epic Games Store exclusive on PC). More info at Ancestorsgame.com.
- Auto Chess gameplay trailer shown from Chinese developer Dragonest. Another Epic Games Store PC exclusive. Coming later in 2019.
- CrisTales reveal trailer. A loveletter to classic JRPG’s. Experience past, present & future at the same time in this animated adventure game, where gameplay allows you to rewrite the present to change the future. Coming in 2020. Debut demo now available on Steam.
- Valfaris gameplay trailer looks like a retro 2.5D shoot ’em up mixed with metroidvania action-adventure platformer gameplay. Heavy metal music. Looks epic! Coming to PC, PS4, Switch & Xbox One.
- Borderlands 3 gameplay footage shown as the developer discusses the new playable characters like Moze the Gunner, FL4K the Beastmaster, Zane the Operator and Amara the Siren. Tiny Tina will fight alongside other vaulthunters. Shiftcodes will return. Duels PvP is in. You can transfer weapons between characters. Release date is September 13th, 2019.
- Maneater trailer shown. Shark-RPG. You play as the shark trying to get to the top of the food chain. Looks funny as heck! Coming soon or at least within 1 year. Pre-alpha gameplay shows you can explore the ocean and go on the beach for an afternoon snack. More info at Maneater.com.
- Terraria: Journey’s End update gameplay trailer shown. You can golf, have a bestiary and more.
- Telling Lies from the Her Story creators. You watch video footage to piece together a story. This time you listen to secretly recorded conversations, a stolen database, 4 private lives exposed. Use their words to find the truth. You’ll be looking at the sub-text of what’s being said to scrub through the video with keywords they say to find connections. Non-linear open world like a movie or TV show that’s out of order. Release date is “very soon”. More at Annapurna.pictures/tellinglies.
- Warframe takes its next leap forward with the Empyrean expansion that takes the ninja gameplay into space. Gameplay trailer shown. Warframe.com.
- Genesis Noir trailer shown. A cosmic adventure with unique graphics. I don’t know how to describe this, they said detective noir and big bang.
- El Hijo gameplay trailer. Shows 2.5D adventure puzzler gameplay with a little kid escaping monks, looks like Link sneaking around castle guards.
- Baldur’s Gate 3 closes the show. No new trailer. They added 5th version Dungeons & Dragons rules to the game where possible. Takes place a 100 years after Baldur’s Gate 2. Do you want to redeem Baldur’s Gate or send it back to Hell. Still heavily in development, so no release date given.
Credit: PC Gaming Livestream. 55,000 & 50,000 on Twitch & Youtube and a 100.000 more spread across other streams/platforms.