The E3 2019 EA Press Conference broadcast aired today, has revealed brand new information about EA’s PS4, Xbox One, PC, Switch & Mobile game lineup. EA’s E3 2019 keynote conference started on June 8th at 9:15AM PDT (Pacific USA) / 0:15PM EDT (Eastern USA) / 5:00PM BST (London) / 2:00AM AEST (Sydney, Australia) and lasted over 3 hours including the pre-show. What follows is a bulletpoints roundup…
The format this year was changed to a 30-minutes-long gameplay segment per game, for 6 games total, instead of an 1.5 hour long boring drawn-out press conference.
Exciting surprises this year were: Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order gameplay. – Along with further reveals for Battlefield V, FIFA 20 and other yearly EA sequels.
Here’s the full E3 2019 EA broadcast video: (starts at 42:35)
E3 2019 EA Press Conference Roundup:
- Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order 15 minutes of gameplay footage shown live. Looks like a more boring Star Wars Unleashed action-adventure, hopefully solid story writing can prove me wrong (I want it to be great, and it’s got a chance with this developer, it’s just the demonstration was extremely boring).
- Apex Legends – Season 2 release date is July 2, 2019. Ranked Mode will be added. New care package weapon from Titanfall 2 is the Allstar (L-Star?). New hops and skins will be added. The 10th Legend is the female Watson, revealed with story video and then gameplay.
- Battlefield V updates highlighted. Release date in July 2019 as part of Chapter 4. 1 New Mareka map set in the Albanian-Greece border during WWII, infantry-focussed map. June 27th 2019 sees the release of Al-Sun-Dan is the second map, a big open sandbox set in the desert. More maps coming. Chapter 5 in September/October will have 3 new maps coming out (one per month presumably) including a huge Pacific setting on beach islands.
- Star Wars Battlefront 2 updates detailed in an in-between chat with the developer. Has a growing community since lootboxes were removed last year.
- FIFA 20 release date is September 27th 2019 release. EA Access for both Xbox One & PS4 players on September 19th 2019 early access. This year’s iteration of the soccer sports series has brand new ball flow, penalty kicks, animations and more.
- Anthem update Cataclysm is on the public test server. In an a quick in-between chat the developer talks about how the past 4 months have been bad and now they say they are listening to player feedback to make the game better. Too bad the entire community is already dead.
- Madden NFL 20 gameplay shown. Covers the Face of the Franchise, Scenario Engine, Playbooks, Ultimate Missions and X-Factor Abilities.
- The Sims 4: Island Living expansion pack gameplay shown in trailer. It’s got a mermaid in it! Release date is June 21st 2019 on PC / Mac and July 16th 2019 on PS4 & Xbox One. Coming soon, there’s also a The Sims 4: Moschino Stuff Pack with their fashion coming that also adds a new Fashion Photographer career. The Sims 4: Realm of Magic Game Pack is also coming in Fall 2019.
Missing from the show were: The Sims 5 (instead we got a new expansion pack for The Sims 4), NHL 20, Rory McIlroy PGA Tour 20, etc.
Credit: EA Livestream. 50,000 + 100,000 livestream viewers at its peak on Youtube & Twitch. – It was probably so low due to the discussed games being listed beforehand, so people could tune into the game they wanted to see.