The E3 2019 Bethesda Press Conference broadcast aired today, and has revealed brand new information about Bethesda’s PC, PS4, Xbox One, Switch & Mobile game lineup. Bethesda’s E3 2019 keynote conference started on June 9th at 6:30PM PDT (Pacific USA) / 9:30PM EDT (Eastern USA) / 2:30AM BST (London) / 11:30AM AEST (Sydney, Australia) and lasted an hour and a half. What follows is a bulletpoints roundup…
Exciting surprises this year are: Shinji Mikami’s Ghostwire: Tokyo, New Commander Keen, and Deathloop.
Along with further reveals for DOOM 2: Eternal, Wolfenstein 3: Young Blood, and other games & expansions listed below.
Watch The Latest Gaming News:
Here’s the full E3 2019 Bethesda broadcast video: (starts at 1:44:00)
E3 2019 Bethesda Press Conference Roundup
- The Elder Scrolls Online mobile game gets a new Dragon Quest Line tonight. The free-to-play game is coming to Switch in Fall 2019, cross-play with the mobile version.
- Fallout 76‘s fan criticism was acknowledged. Wastelanders Year 2 update will change the game, it’s free. Will add human NPC’s, “Nuclear Winter” 52-player Battle Royale Mode where you can become the Overseer if you win, and full dialog trees. Coming Fall 2019. Free trial week June 10-17 on all platforms. Hopefully there will be a community left playing the game in Year 2.
- The Elder Scrolls 6 and Starfield are confirmed to still be in development.
- Ghostwire: Tokyo is the next game from Shinji Mikami and his Tango Gameworks studio. Action-adventure game that’s spooky. Explore the world, face challenges and survive. CGI trailer shows people disappearing all of a sudden on the way to work, then ghostly figures pointing at the remaining people to make them disappear, a lone survivor fights back with (psychic?) fire attacks.
- The Elder Scrolls Online: Elsweyr expansion brings the MMORPG into the Season of the Dragon. Adds a necromancer class. The expansion was already released on June 4th, 2019. CGI trailer shown. After Elsweyr, Dragonhold will complete the Season of the Dragon. Scalebreaker dungeon coming in August 2019.
- New Commander Keen game revealed for iOS and Android, a modern take on the 90’s floppydisk game from id Software. Looks like a Saturday morning cartoon in free-to-play mobile form. It’s got a Story Mode to overcome aliens with gadgets (like a vertical Plants VS. Zombies maybe?), in Battle Mode you go head-to-head against other players. Coming Summer 209. Go to Gokeen.com to pre-register for extra rewards.
- The Elder Scrolls Legends: Moons of Elsweyr expansion coming June 12th, 2019. The card game gets a live-action commercial with a dragon at the end. Free-to-play.
- Rage 2: Rise of the Ghosts expansion trailer shown. This update adds new Cheats like low-gravity, Pilatable Mech, Skull Motorcycle, Armadillo vehicle, and a new story to use them in.
- Wolfenstein: Cyberpilot brings the series into VR. Coming in July 2019.
- Wolfenstein: Youngblood is the full-on first-person shooter sequel. Apparently you can kill Nazis in this game… with a friend thanks to the new co-op mode! BJ Blaskovich’s two daughters are going to find their missing father in Nazi occupied Paris. Brutal killing ensues as “Wolves hunt together”. Release date is July 26th, 2019 on PC, PS4, Xbox One and Switch.
- Deathloop trailer shown from Arkane Studios. Game takes place in a time of madness. Game stars Cole and Juliana on opposite sides of a gun barrel who keep reliving the same day each time they kill each other. These assassins have super powers like those in the Dishonored games from the same developers.
- ORION game streaming tech displayed. Optimizes game engines for streaming platforms like X-cloud. 20% faster, using 40% less bandwidth, to enable max setting game streaming. On-stage DOOM 2016 being streaming at 60FPS without latency. Go to Slayersclub.com to sign up to playtest these games on your phone or tablet.
- DOOM Eternal gameplay story trailer reveals it’s not just the armies of Hell you’re facing off against, but those who call themselves Gods too. Earth is being consumed by demons, so you the Doomslayer go to the Sentinel homeworld and beyond to stop them. Another trailer shows a space trip to Mars follows lots of brutal new ways to slay demons ending with a Cyberdemon appearing. Release date is November 22nd, 2019. Collector’s Edition includes the actual helmet you can wear. DOOM’s Battlemode is the new multiplayer experience where 2 players as demons (who can summon helper demons too) must try to take down 1 fully decked out Slayer.
Missing from the show were: The Elder Scrolls 6, Starfield, Fallout 5: New Orleans (rumored), and The Evil Within 3 (rumored).
Credit: Bethesda Livestream. 270,000 & 120,000 on Twitch & Youtube and a million more spread across other streams/platforms.