The pre-E3 2019 Google Stadia Press Conference broadcast aired today, it has revealed brand new information and the initial games lineup for Google’s video game streaming service that works on PC, Tablets, Pixel Mobiles and any TV that you can plug Chromecast into. Since as it all works via the Google Chrome browser. Google Stadia’s E3 2019 keynote conference started on June 6th at 9:00 AM PDT (Pacific USA) / 1:00 PM ET (Eastern USA) / 5:00 PM GMT/BST (London UK) / 6:00 PM CET / 3:00 AM AEST (Sydney Australia) and lasted an 26 minutes. What follows is a bulletpoints roundup…
Exciting surprise reveals this first year were: Baldur’s Gate 3 being revealed for the first time.
During the November 2019 launch, Stadia will come to these 14 countries: USA, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, France, Netherlands, Belgium, Italy, Finland, Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Spain
Google Stadia Pro pricing starts at $10 per month to get access to a library of free older games (starting with Destiny 2) that includes titles in 4K at 60FPS, but you’ll still need to buy all the newer games individually to add them to your library of games (indefinitely, so you can play them without even needing the subscription). What’s also interesting is that in 2020 a free tier called Google Base will be added, although that’ll only let you play games at 1080p HD at 60FPS with stereo sound, and since it’s not a subscription you’ll have to pay for each game you want.
Here’s the full E3 2018 Ubisoft broadcast video:
Google Stadia 2019 Press Conference Roundup:
- Baldur’s Gate III RPG announced with teaser trailer. From Belgium’s Larian Studios. Everyone can play it on the highest settings, which you can get if you have an internet speed of 35 Mbps to get HDR video, 4K at 60 FPS.
- Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint tactical shooter announced with gameplay reveal trailer. Ubisoft always supports new gaming platforms with a strong titles at launch.
- Gylt indie platformer trailer shown. More at gyltthegame.com.
- Get Packed multiplayer trailer shows couch & online co-op four player carnage with ridiculous physics. Coming 2020.
- Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 RPG & cover-based shooter gameplay video shown. Takes place in Washington DC, USA.
- Stadia Pro costs $10 per month. This gives you 4K, HDR, 60FPS, 5.1 surround sound. Coming to 14 countries at launch (including USA, Belgium, Netherlands).
- Stadia Founder’s Edition limited edition $129 package gives first access, Chrome Pass Ultra for TV, night blue Stadia controller, and 3 months buddy pass. Plus $69 for a 2nd controller, first pick of your username.
- Destiny 2 & all DLC’s coming to Stadia, including the Fall 2019 DLC expansion. Destiny 2: Shadowkeep expansion reveal trailer. You can transfer your Guardian account from other platforms (except PS4) to Stadia.
- Launch games compilation trailer ends the livestream.