Warner Bros. revealed the first look at Mortal Kombat 11 with a showcase of crushing new gameplay, original and returning fighters, immersive story elements and innovative features that offer a more personalized experience than ever before.
Livestreamed to a global audience, the experiential, community celebration featured multiple reveals, including an appearance by UFC champion, Olympic medalist and WWE superstar, Ronda Rousey, who was announced as the voice of Sonya Blade.
Check Out the Mortal Kombat 11 Reveal Event Trailers:
Today’s Mortal Kombat 11 announcements included:
• UFC champion, Olympic medalist and WWE superstar, Ronda Rousey, was announced as the voice of Sonya Blade.
• First Gameplay Reveal Trailer featuring an original music track created in collaboration with international DJ, Dimitri Vegas, titled “You’re Next.”
• Introduction to the Story Mode, teasing the all-new, time-bending narrative, featuring Kronika, the first female boss character in Mortal Kombat history, who is the Keeper of Time and creator of existence.
• Announced new fighter Geras, a powerful and loyal servant of Kronika, who is able to manipulate time, along with fan-favorite characters, including, Baraka, Raiden, Skarlet, Scorpion, Sonya Blade and Sub-Zero.
• A montage of Mortal Kombat’s most iconic feature, Fatalities, showcasing the most gruesome, over-the-top Fatalities in Mortal Kombat history.
• Exclusive Mortal Kombat 11-inspired Under Armour Anatomix Spawn basketball footwear showcased via six custom designs by top sneaker artist and MK Kollective ambassador, Mache.
• Pre-order Mortal Kombat 11 on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 4 Pro, Xbox One or Xbox One X to receive access to the beta, available March 28, 2019. Pre-orders will receive the in-game, playable character, Shao Kahn.
• Mortal Kombat 11 Kollector’s Edition revealed, which includes the main game, Kombat Pack, Scorpion mask bust, exclusive steel case, commemorative magnet coin and authenticity plate.
Mortal Kombat 11 is the latest installment in the critically-acclaimed franchise, developed by award-winning NetherRealm Studios, and is scheduled for release beginning April 23, 2019 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and PC.
Mortal Kombat 11 is available for pre-order now; visit mortalkombat.com for more information. Pre-orders will receive the in-game, playable character, Shao Kahn. Those who pre-order on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 4 Pro, Xbox One or Xbox One X at select retailers, will also receive access to the beta, which will be available on March 28, 2019 for those platforms.
Mortal Kombat 11 is the latest installment in the critically acclaimed franchise, providing a deeper and more personalized experience than ever before with an all new Custom Character Variation System that gives players the creative control to customize versions of the entire character roster. Developed by award-winning NetherRealm Studios, Mortal Kombat 11 will introduce a new cinematic story continuing the epic saga that is more than 25 years in the making.
• All-New Custom Character Variation System: Offers nearly infinite customization options, giving players more control and providing a deeper and more personalized experience than ever before. Players can customize their fighters with a variety of Skins, Gear, Special Abilities, Intro and Victory Cinemas, Taunts and Brutalities that can be earned via gameplay.
• All-New Story Mode: Continue the epic saga through a new cinematic story that is more than 25 years in the making. Players will take on the role of a variety of past and present characters in a time-bending new narrative that pits Raiden against Kronika, the Keeper of Time who created existence at the dawn of history.
• New & Returning Fan-Favorite Characters: Choose from a roster of fighters with unique abilities and Fatalities, with new characters, such as Geras, a powerful and loyal servant of Kronika who can manipulate time, along with fan favorite characters, including, Baraka, Raiden, Skarlet, Scorpion, Sonya Blade and Sub-Zero and more.
• More Modes, Challenges & Rewards: Packed to the brim with multiple modes, including the Towers of Time, which builds upon NetherRealms’s past games, allowing players to test their skills through various challenges, providing more ways than ever to continue the Mortal Kombat 11 experience.
• All-New Krushing Blows & Iconic Fatalities: Showcasing brutal battles like never before with enhanced graphics and animations.
Pre-Order for Exclusive Content & Beta Access: Pre-order Mortal Kombat 11 on PS4, PS4 Pro, Xbox One or Xbox One X to receive access to the beta, available March 28, 2019. Pre-orders will receive the in-game, playable character, Shao Kahn.