Sega has announced Revolve8, a brand new real-time-strategy game for iOS and Android devices. In this title, Masayoshi Kikuchi and Koji Igarashi bring to the table a cast of funky Heroes who will shatter your expectations.
Watch the Revolve8: Episodic Dueling Reveal Trailer:
Watch The Latest Gaming News:
The player wields a deck of 8 cards, each with their own strengths and weaknesses. They then aim to destroy their opponent’s towers within the time limit of 3 minutes to achieve victory. The rules are simple, but the cards and powerful Hero skills they use opens up players to fun and strategic real-time duels. Learn more about Revolve8 on the official website.
• Senior Producer: Masayoshi Kikuchi (producer of Yakuza, director of Jet Set Radio)
• Character Designer: Koji Igarashi (creator of the Igavania genre)
• Character Artist: Ryota-H
• Sound Producer: Shunsuke Tsuchiya, Yasunori Mitsuda
Join our funky fairy tale Heroes as reimagined by Koji Igarashi, including:
• Cinderella: An idol that loves motorcycles. Her producer, the Fairy Godmother, was smart to exploit her mad riding skills which is how she is gaining popularity. But since she still has a lot to learn, her contract has to be renewed every night at 12 o’clock.
• Red Riding Hood: Fashion and social media are all she cares about. Posting the next best pic, getting more followers and likes mean everything.
• Sinbad: An explorer that sails the seas with his crew. People are drawn to him and he leaves a lasting impression wherever he goes, usually for performing some form of heroic deed. However, his vanity increases along with his fame.
• Strategically deep, real-time duels: Understand the strengths and weaknesses of your cards, classified into “Heroes”, “Minions”, “Buildings”, and “Magic”. Choose them wisely to form a strategy and win.
• Guide your strategy with 3 deck types: When a player builds a deck, the game will automatically assign one of the three deck types to it as a way to help set up a strategy.
– Assault Decks: Lets you go deep into enemy lines.
– Siege Decks: Focuses on attacking long distance.
– Counter Decks: Looks for opportunities to counterattack
• Lead your team to victory with 2 skill types: Each Hero has a “Normal Skill” and a “Special Skill”. Special Skills can be used only once by the deck leader, whereas Normal Skills can be used every 30 seconds by one of the Heroes in the deck. These skills can potentially turn the battle around when used correctly.
• Learn the basics by going through Quests: Learn the basics of battle and the strengths / weaknesses of each Hero through single-player quests.
Here’s Revolve8: Episodic Dueling gallery. Click on any of these image thumbnails to see the full-size screens:
Closed Beta Test
Registration for both the Closed Beta Test and Pre-registration Campaign both start today on the Revolve8 official website. The times are as follows:
• October 23 to November 2 at 2:00 a.m. (UTC)
• October 23 to November 2 at 11:00 p.m. (JST)
Closed Beta Test pre-registration is open from October 10 at 9:00 to October 22 at 14:59 (UTC) / October 10 at 18:00 to October 22 at 23:59 (JST).
Pre-registration is also open from today. If the number of pre-registrations exceed 10,000, all applicants will receive the Hero “Kintaro” when the game officially launches.