El Presidente, beloved leader of Tropico, has announced that Tropico 6, the next instalment of the critically acclaimed dictator sim, will release worldwide for PC in January 2019, with the console versions planned for a summer 2019 launch.
Check Out the Tropico 6 Gamescom 2018 Trailer:
In a statement made directly from the palace balcony, it was confirmed that Kalypso Media and El Presidente want Tropico 6 to be the biggest and greatest Tropico yet for both PC and consoles. To achieve this, the hard-working citizens at Limbic Studios are working tirelessly and making the most of the extra development time afforded by a 2019 release to deliver the most complete and balanced experience ever seen in a Tropico game. By using the Unreal engine for the first time in the series’ history, the world of Tropico has never looked more stunning, whether zoomed out for a full view of far-reaching archipelagos or watching each individual citizen go about their daily routines at ground level.
To further excite his beloved fans, our bearded leader has approved a new gameplay video showcasing the beautiful archipelagos, breathtaking world wonders and intricate transport systems to connect his citizens together. Not to mention the many ways El Presidente can now customise his humble abode to watch over his people.
If that’s not enough to get fans champing at the bit, Kalypso can also confirm that there will be a closed Steam beta coming this autumn, giving dedicated fans early hands-on access to the game and the opportunity to help shape the final gameplay experience with their feedback. More details will be announced soon.
About Tropico 6
El Presidente is back! Prove yourself once again as a feared dictator or peace-loving statesman on the island state of Tropico and shape the fate of your nation through four distinctive eras. Face new challenges on the international stage and always keep the needs of your people in mind.
In Tropico 6 you manage extensive archipelagos, build bridges to connect your islands and use new means of transportation and infrastructure for the first time in the series. Send your Tropicans on raids to steal the wonders of the world, including the Statue of Liberty and the Eiffel Tower. Customize your palace at will and give election speeches from your balcony, to win the favour of your subjects.
• Play on large archipelagos for the first time in the series. Manage multiple islands at the same time and adapt to various new challenges.
• Send your agents on raids to foreign lands to steal world wonders and monuments, to add them to your collection.
• Build bridges, construct tunnels and transport your citizens and tourists in taxis, buses and aerial cable cars. Tropico 6 offers completely new transportation and infrastructure possibilities.
• Customize the looks of your palace at will and choose from various extras.
• Tropico 6 features a revised research system focusing on the political aspects of being the world’s greatest dictator.
• Election speeches are back! Address the people and make promises that you can’t possibly keep.
• Cooperative and competitive multiplayer for up to four players.