God of War will add New Game+ via a free update on August 20, publisher Sony Interactive Entertainment and developer SIE Santa Monica Studio announced.
To access New Game+, you will have to complete the story campaign of God of War on any difficulty.
Watch The Latest Gaming News:
Here’s God of War new gear image gallery. Click on any of these image thumbnails to see the full-size screens:
Here is an overview of New Game+, via the PlayStation Blog:
With New Game+ comes along a host of new gear, more difficult enemies, and cinematic skipping!
• Relive the journey of Kratos and Atreus with all of your previous armors, enchantments, talismans, resources and abilities on the difficulty of your choosing.
• Test your skills against higher level enemies; some of which might even have a few new tricks up their sleeves!
• Unique to New Game+ is a brand new rarity level of equipment to craft and upgrade! Collect ‘Skap Slag’, a new resource to upgrade your gear to the best of the best from our finest blacksmiths.
• Play the game in a whole new way by exploring new customization options with extremely powerful new armor sets and enchantments.
• Finally, get right back into the action with the newly added ability to skip through cinematics in both normal and New Game+ modes once a full play through has been completed.
God of War is available now for PlayStation 4.