The E3 2018 Nintendo Press Conference is just a Treehouse Live this year. The broadcast aired today, and has revealed brand new information about Nintendo’s Switch game lineup. Nintendo’s E3 2018 keynote conference started on June 12th at 9:00AM PDT (Pacific USA) / 12:00PM EDT (Eastern USA) / 5:00PM BST (London) / 2:00AM AEST (Sydney, Australia) opens for 45 minutes with a spotlight and the livestream continues afterwards for 3 hours all day and again the 2 days after. What follows is a bulletpoints roundup…
Exciting surprises this year were: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Fortnite, Killer Queen Black, Daemon X Machina, Fire Emblem: Three Houses, and Super Mario Party.
Here’s the full E3 2018 Nintendo broadcast video:
E3 2018 Nintendo Press Conference Roundup:
Show Game Reveals:
• Daemon X Machina gameplay reveal trailer shown. Looks like Virtual On mech game. 2-player mode? — Coming from Marvelous to Nintendo Switch in 2019.
• Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna ~ The Golden Country DLC gameplay trailer shown. Your mission is to stop Aegis’ destruction,. Beautiful open world. – Coming September 2018.
• Pokemon Let’s Go Pikachu and Eevee! gameplay trailer shown. Play with a friend on one system. Pokeball Plus controller shown further. Mew comes exclusively with every Pokeball Plus for you to transfer into Let’s Go Pikachu or Eevee! — Coming November 16, 2018.
• Super Mario Party gameplay trailer shown. Two Switch screen can connect together in any formation, just swipe your finger across the two screens where you want to connect them! Cool idea. Lots of mini-games, photo-mode captures the last moment of a mini-game. — Coming October 5, 2018.
• Fire Emblem: Three Houses gameplay trailer shown of the turn-based strategy title. Nice cel-shaded graphics. Lots of animated cutscenes. — Coming Spring 2019.
• Fortnite Switch gameplay trailer shown. Play anywhere. Play your way. Local and online multiplayer with friends. — Download for free on the Nintendo eShop TODAY!
• Overcooked! 2 gameplay reveal trailer shown. Wireless local and online 2-player mode. — Coming August 7, 2018.
• Killer Queen Black Switch gameplay trailer shown. — The Arcade game coming first to Switch later in 2018.
• Hollow Knight Switch gameplay trailer shown. Includes all previous DLC. — Available today.
• Octopath Traveler gameplay trailer shown. Demo coming June 14th this week. — Final game coming July 13, 2018.
• New Third Party Support: Splatoon 2: Octo Expansion DLC, Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle – Donkey Kong Adventure DLC, Just Dance 2019, Starlink: Battle for Atlas, Arena of Valor, Minecraft, Sushi Striker: The Way of Sushido, Pixark, Dragon Ball FighterZ, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy, Ninjala, Carcassonne, FIFA 19, Ark Survival Evolved, Wasteland 2, Paladins, Fallout Shelter, Dark Souls Remastered, SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy, Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate, Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus, The World Ends with You: Final Remix, Mega Man 11, and Mario Tennis Aces.
• Super Smash Bros. Ultimate introduced by its creator Sakurai-san. Fighter Roster video shows all characters from all previous Smash games return: Mario, Samus, Kirby, Bowser, Link, Donkey Kong, Fox, Falco, Marth, Pichu, Zelda, Sheik, Villager, Meta Knight, Mewtwo, Sonic, Pac-Man, Peach, Pikachu, Ice Climbers, Inkling, Captain Falcon, Zero Suit Samus, Wii Fit Trainer, Pokemon Trainer with Squirtle/Ivysaur/Charizard (you can switch between them all), Ness, Lucas, Ryu, Shulk, Ganondorf, Mii Fighter (all 3 different Brawler/Swordfighter/Gunner fighters), Ike, Cloud, Snake, Jigglypuff, Pikachu, Roy, Olimar with the Pikmin, Diddy Kong, Lucario, Lucina (Marth echo/clone), Robin, Bayonetta, Greninja, Mr. Game & Watch, Dr. Mario, R.O.B., Palutena, Pit, Dark Pit (Pit echo/clone), Corrin (male & female), Rosalina & Luma, Bowser Jr., Toon Link, Young Link, King Dedede, Wario, Little Mac, Duck Hunt Duo, Wolf, Mega Man, Yoshi, Luigi. — New character announcements: Daisy (Peach echo/clone). Final surprise is a new character: RIDLEY from the Metroid series joins the fight! There are 60+ (65?) characters “with more to come”!
Starting Roster as small as the original N64 game! The rest need to be unlocked in interesting ways, yay!
GameCube controllers & Smash + game character amiibo are compatible.
Quicker Final Smashes shown. Charge moves can now be powered up mid-air too. You can do air dodges now. Short hop attacks. New Assist Trophies include Bomberman, Midna, Bewear. Biggest number of stages yet.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is coming to Switch on December 7, 2018.
Post-show Game Reveals:
• Ridley & Inkling & Daisy amiibo announced during the post-show, all 3 for the Smash series of amiibo.
Tuesday to Thursday E3 Schedule:
• June 12 – 9:45 a.m. PT / 12:00 p.m. ET
• June 13-14 – 9:00 a.m. PT / 12:00 p.m. ET
Day 1 Livestream Video:
[Work-In-Progress: Nintendo’s Treehouse gameplay show is spread across Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday!]
Credit: Nintendo Livestream. 333,000 + 120,000 & 225,000 + 40,000 livestream viewers at its peak on YouTube & Twitch.
What’s your favorite E3 2018 Nintendo announcement?
Tags: Daemon X Machina, Fire Emblem: Three Houses, Fortnite, Killer Queen Black, Octopath Traveler, Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee!, Super Mario Party, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna ~ The Golden Country