The E3 2018 PC Gaming Press Conference broadcast aired today, has revealed brand new information about a lineup that’s all about PC games. The PC Gaming Show’s E3 2018 keynote conference started on June 11th at 3:00PM PDT (Pacific USA) / 6:00PM EDT (Eastern USA) / 11:00PM BST (London) / 9:00AM AEST (Sydney, Australia) and lasted one hour and 50 minutes. What follows is a bulletpoints roundup…
Exciting surprises this year were: Maneater, Overkill’s The Walking Dead, Rapture Rejects, ANNO 1800, Don’t Starve: Hamlet, Stormland, Sable, Satisfactory, The Forgotten City, The Sinking City, and Warframe: The Sacrifice.
Here’s the full E3 2018 PC Gaming Show broadcast video: (starts at 21 minutes)
E3 2018 PC Gaming Press Conference Roundup:
Show Video Timeline:
• [coming soon]
Show Game Notes:
• Satisfactory gameplay reveal trailer shown. By Coffee Stain Studios of Goat Simulator fame, however this is a more serious base-building / automated factory-building survival game. Think big like SimCity, but with a first-person perspective. Sign up for the beta at satisfactorygame.com.
• Neo Cab gameplay reveal trailer shown. Stay human, more info at neocab.com.
• Mavericks: Proving Grounds gameplay reveal trailer shown. Up to 1,000 concurrent players battle it out to be the winner in this Battle Royale game. Sign up for the closed beta (100,000 spots) at: mavericks.gg/closed-beta/
• The Forgotten City gameplay reveal trailer shown. Re-imagining of the award-winning mod. forgottencitygame.com
• Star Control: Origins gameplay reveal trailer shown by Stardock. Explore 1,000’s of planets, discover an open universe. Local multiplayer with 2 players on the same PC, or online. starcontrolgame.com — Coming September 20th, 2018.
• Hunt Showdown gameplay trailer shown by Crytek. Available now on Steam.
• Archangel: Hellfire gameplay trailer shown. Tons of different mechs and 3 destructible maps. archangelgame.com — Full game available July 17, 2018.
• The Sinking City gameplay trailer shown by Frogwares, the creators of the Sherlock Holmes detective games. Similarly, this is an investigations game where you also fight strange monsters as you try to understand the supernatural on-goings in a town. If you get scared you lose your sanity and start seeing things! Looks interesting. — No release date confirmed.
• Warframe: The Sacrifice launch trailer shown. Ninjas play free. More info at warframe.com. — Coming this week.
• Shenmue 1 & 2, Yakuza 0 & Kiwami, Valkyria Chronicles 4, Shining Resonance are new Sega games coming to PC.
• Killing Floor 2: The Summer Sideshow gameplay updates trailer shown by Tripwire.
• Road Redemption gameplay trailer shown. Will be published by Tripwire.
• Maneater gameplay reveal trailer shown by Tripwire, is a Killswitch game made by Blindside, a modder from the original The Killing Floor. You ARE the shark, in an open-world action-RPG, a Shark-PG if you will. You eat your way through a single player campaign. Looks fun! maneatergame.com; Frankie really killed it with that “I can’t believe they named a game after my favorite weekend activity” comment. — Coming soon.
• Bravery Network gameplay reveal trailer shown. bravery-network.online.
• Morningstar gameplay trailer shown. morningstarthegame.com
• 8-bit 2D Shooter gameplay trailer shown. It’s on Steam.
• Jurassic Park Evolution gameplay trailer shown. — Release date is tomorrow June 12th, 2018.
• Stormland VR gameplay trailer shown by Insomniac Games. You play as a sentient robot that looks like Johnny Five from the Short Circuit movies! Except in this VR game you throw grenades and shoot automatic rifles. You can fly and glide as well. Will be available on Oculus Rift for PC (not on HTC Vive or PS4 VR?). oculus.com/stormland
• Night Call gameplay trailer shown. Detective noir style. The game’s graphics are entirely in black and white. nightcall-game.com
• Sable gameplay trailer shown. Narrative-focussed game. Ink & Pen graphics, combines the clear-lines style of Belgian comics and Japanese Studio Ghibli. You travel around on your hoverbike. Japanese Breakfast is making the game’s entire music track, also made the trailer song. sablegame.com
• Star Citizen Alpha 3.2 gameplay trailer shown. Space exploration game infamous for its ever-increasing crowdfunding tally in the 187+ million.
• Genesis: Alpha One gameplay trailer shown.
• Don’t Starve: Hamlet gameplay reveal trailer shown. — Coming December 2018.
• Just Cause 4 gameplay trailer shows off the APEX open world engine. Unrivalled draw distance, improved HDR lighting, interactive weather systems, physics-based aerodynamics models, and increased fidelity of destruction. justcause.com/e3
• Overkill’s The Walking Dead gameplay reveal trailer shown. — Release date is November 4th, 2018.
• Telltale’s The Walking Dead: The Final Season gameplay trailer shown. Story takes place post-timejump of the comics. The Final Season, Clementine discovers a secluded school without adults, however there’s of course still the zombie threat. You still play as Clementine, protecting AJ. — Episode 1 coming out August 14th, 2018.
• Noita gameplay trailer shown by Nolla Games. Every pixel is simulated. 2D Roguelike.
• Twopoint Hospital gameplay trailer shown. You run a hospital. Curing patient, train doctors & nurses to be better. Do research for better cures to common deceases like Turtle Head and Monobrow infestation. Looks like a fun sim game! twopointhospital.com — Coming out later in 2018.
• Realm Royale gameplay trailer shown by Hi-Rez Studios. Fortnite cartoony style Battle Royale & crafting game. — Available now for free on Steam.
• Ooblets gameplay trailer shown by Double Fine Studios. Cute dancing and cupcake city walking. Coming to PC & Xbox One.
• ANNO 1800 gameplay reveal trailer shown by Blue Byte (Alpha footage). City building, economic simulation, exploration strategy game. — Coming Winter 2018.
• Rapture Rejects gameplay reveal trailer shown by Galvanic Games. Battle Royale top-down isometric cartoony game. Funny as heck! Graphics & dialogue made by the Cyanide & Happiness people!! — Sign up for the Alpha at: rapturerejects.com
• Hitman 2 new gameplay trailer shown by Ubisoft. Agent 47 visits Miami. “Make the world your weapon.” The Sniper Briefcase is back. Pre-order to get the Sniper Assassin mode. — Coming to PC, PS4 & Xbox One on November 13th, 2018.
Credit: PC Gaming Livestream. 255,000 + 62,000 & 42,000 livestream viewers at its peak on Twitch & YouTube.
What’s your favorite E3 2018 PC Gaming announcement?
Tags: ANNO 1800, Don't Starve: Hamlet, Hitman 2, Just Cause 4, Maneater, Overkill’s The Walking Dead, Rapture Rejects, Sable, Satisfactory, Shenmue 1 & 2, Stormland, Telltale's The Walking Dead: The Final Season, The Forgotten City, The Sinking City, Valkyria Chronicles 4, Warframe: The Sacrifice