The E3 2018 Bethesda Press Conference broadcast aired today, and has revealed brand new information about Bethesda’s PC, PS4, Xbox One, Switch & Mobile game lineup. Bethesda’s E3 2018 keynote conference started on June 10th at 6:30PM PDT (Pacific USA) / 9:30PM EDT (Eastern USA) / 2:30AM BST (London) / 11:30AM AEST (Sydney, Australia) and lasted an hour and a half. What follows is a bulletpoints roundup…
Exciting surprises this year are: DOOM 2: Eternal, Wolfenstein 3: Young Blood, Wolfenstein: Cyber Pilot, The Elder Scrolls: Blades, Starfield, and The Elder Scrolls 6.
Along with further reveals for Fallout 76, RAGE 2, and other games listed below.
Watch The Latest Gaming News:
Here’s the full E3 2018 Bethesda broadcast video: (starts at 1:22:00)
E3 2018 Bethesda Press Conference Roundup
• RAGE 2 opens the show. Pete Hines jokes about the Walmart Canada leak revealing the game early. Andrew W.K. performed a song to introduce RAGE 2. You play as Walker, the last ranger in the Wasteland of RAGE 2’s dystopian future. They show an extended look at the game world where 80% of humans are killed by an asteroid. Pre-alpha footage captured in-game. Collector’s Edition with mountable talking mutant head shown in-trailer. — Coming Spring 2019.
• The Elder Scrolls: Legends mobile cardgame getting a re-launch and coming to Nintendo Switch, PS4 & Xbox One.
• The Elder Scrolls Online – Summerset Expansion gameplay trailer shown. Available now, more Mirkwood content coming later this year. 1 million new players the past year, 11 million players total now (active players or registered accounts?). Already working on next year’s Expansion.
• DOOM 2: Eternal announcement trailer shown. New DOOM sequel. Twice as many demons, Hell on Earth teased. Debut at QuakeCon in August.
• Quake Champions competitions announced for QuakeCon in Augus and Dreamhack Winter. New features added to git gud. Free-to-play trial available now, register at quake.com and keep playing for free even after the early access trial ends. Trailer shown.
• Prey free update out today. Story mode, new game plus and survival mode added. Upcoming Prey Mooncrash DLC adds infinitely playable mode on the Moon. Gameplay trailer shown. Titan Hunter mode also coming later this Summer.
• Wolfenstein 3: Young Blood revealed, features BJ’s twin daughters. Is a co-op experience (solo also available). Announce trailer shown. — Coming in 2019.
Wolfenstein II coming to Switch June 29th.
• VR Experiences announced. Prey’s new Titan mode will include VR content. Wolfenstein: Cyber Pilot announced as VR game where you hack Nazi robots to turn them against the Nazis.
• Funny Skyrim joke video about it being on all platforms ever. Not an actual announcement.
• Fallout 76 reveal trailer shown. Game is 4 times the size of Fallout 4. “In Vault 76 our future begins.” Gameplay trailer start with the Overseer releasing the Vault 76 inhabitants on Reclamation Day. 16 times the detail and more weather systems in the open world of West Virginia. Fallout 76 is entirely online multiplayer, no CPU players, but you can also play the game solo. Death doesn’t mean you lose your character nor progress. Join your friends online, VaultTech instructional video shows with 4 players in a friendly team fighting enemies like a giant sloth. Build a base camp with automated defenses to protect against giant bats, etc. Multiple nuclear missile sites available to do with you want with, like taking out the local wildlife or an enemy camp and loot them afterwards (in a nuclear protective suit of course). 100% dedicated servers for years to come. Fallout 76 Beta (Break-it Early Test Application) signups through bethesda.net. Collector’s Edition comes with a glow-in-the-dark map with figures you place on the map, and wearable working headlamp & voice modulation device. — Coming November 14th, 2018.
• Fallout Shelter 3 year anniversary. Now coming to PS4 and Switch, playable with joy-coins or touch controls. Still a free download. Already played by 120 million people on Mobile. — Releasing tonight.
• The Elder Scrolls: Blades Mobile game announced. A pure Elder Scrolls RPG title, a unique Mobile experience. Create your own character, level him/her up. Both handcrafted and procedurally generated dungeons & outdoor areas. Playable horizontally and in portrait mode. Gameplay modes include: Abyss mode is an endless battle mode, The Town main mode (town building, level up, decorating, visit friend’s towns), and Arena mode. Will be available on PC, Mobile, VR and they are all interconnected. Free download. — Coming Fall 2018.
• Starfield is Bethesda’s first new IP in 20 years. Spacestation being teleported away into space shown in teaser. — It’s a future release, no date confirmed.
• The Elder Scrolls VI announcement teaser trailer shown. Only a foresty mountain area shown in CGI. The show is over. — Another future release, no date confirmed.
• Missing from the show were: Fallout 5: New Orleans (rumored) and The Evil Within 3 (rumored).
Credit: Bethesda Livestream. 375,000 + 283,000 & 217,000 + 125,000 livestream viewers at its peak on Twitch & Youtube.