Square Enix has officially announced World of Final Fantasy: Meli-Melo for iOS and Android. The monster training RPG will launch as a free-to-play title with micro-transactions in Japan in 2017.
Check Out the World of Final Fantasy: Meli-Melo Announcement Trailer:
Watch The Latest Gaming News:
Here’s an overview of the game’s story and systems:
“Valgallan.” There is a world where legendary beings called Mirages and small people known as “Lilikins” coexist.
The earth, which is said to be “the source of all energy,” is divided into five magical powers—“fire,” “ice,” “forest,” “light,” and “dark”—and is protected by five “Mythical Beast Kings” who specialize in each power.
However, the “day of calamaity” will come…
During the ceremony celebrating one thousand years since the founding of the Baron, King Cecil was suddenly swallowed up by darkness and went missing.
And so the [Player] was summoned to Valgallan.
With their “Garden User” ability that enables them to befriend Mirages, the [Player] will go on an adventure to change the fate of destruction engulfing the world.
• Train Your Very Own Monsters – You can train Mirages in the Garden, and they grow when you give them magical gems known as “Rise” that you can acquire when “Adventuring” and “Exploring.” Depending on their growth stats, you can train them as original monsters all your own in order learn various abilities.
• Stacking Battles – Battles progress automatically. Take monster attributes and affinity into consideration in order to form the best possible party, and use abilities to gain victory. Through cooperative stacking techniques that connect your party, you can trigger various techniques, including powerful special moves that turn the tides of battle, depending on the combination of Mirages.
• Mega Mirages and Champions – By stacking specific Mirages, you can trigger a “Mega Mirage Summon” where a giant Mirage unleashes a special move, as well as a “Champion Summon,” where a Final Fantasy series character is summoned to provide battle support.
• Dome Challenge – By using the “Mirage Domes” acquired when “Adventuring,” you can play a simple battle where a maximum of four friends can participate at the same time. By clearing the battle, you can get exclusive Mirages and growth items.
• Manga Scenarios – If you clear “The Land of Beginnings” area when “Adventuring,” the opening scenario manga will unlock, enabling you to read it from the “Garden.” Go on an adventure to save the world with the monsters of Final Fantasy!
Pre-registration is available now. Depending on the number of users that pre-register, various bonuses will be awarded to users when the game launches, including:
50,000 pre-registrations – 1,000 total Crystal Chips
100,000 pre-registrations – Avatar Acecssory: Cat
200,000 pre-registrations – 1,500 total Crystal Chips
300,000 pre-registrations – 2,000 total Crystal Chips
350,000 pre-registations – Player Costumes: White Mage and Black Mage
400,000 pre-registrations – 2,500 total Crystal Chips
450,000 pre-registrations – 3,500 total Crystal Chips
500,000 pre-registations – Mirage: Shiva (Four Stars) (Mirages are monsters that appear in the game)