Check Out the Days Gone E3 2017 Alternate-Path Gameplay Walkthrough:
Watch The Latest Gaming News:
This alternate playthrough changes up the weather, time of day, and play style of the original demo. According to director John Garvin, the goal is to show that changing something like the weather could significantly impact the experience.
Here are some of the topics covered in the video:
• Weather and time-of-day: Snow will impact your ability to ride the Drifter Bike, cold makes Freakers stronger; rain can dampen sound, but brings more Freakers out during the day; night brings out even more Freakers and changes the behaviors of Marauders, and more.
• Survival Vision: You can focus on the environment around you to discover tracks, clues, and resources.
• Crafting: You can find all sorts of things in the open world which can be used to craft items both useful and deadly.
• Traps: Creating and placing traps — used in conjunction with our distraction mechanic — is an important part of our strategic sandbox combat.
• Dynamic Events: You have to be cautious and vigilant to avoid ambushes, traps, and other hazards.
“All of these features work together to create a dynamic, open-world experience. When Deacon rides out to save his friend, the weather, time-of-day, dynamic events, and playstyle preferences can change the experience pretty dramatically,” Garvin said. “In the [E3 2017 demo from June], Deacon weaponizes a Swarm and uses it to attack the Marauder camp, while in the alternate-path demo, he goes in guns blazing. And these aren’t the only ways to play it.”
Garvin continued, “What if you wanted to try to stealth the entire camp? What if you had a sniper rifle, a lot of ammo, and a perch way up on the bridge near that waterfall? What if you wanted to ride through the camp on your Drifter Bike, tossing Molotovs left and right? How you play is up to you.”
Days Gone is in development for PlayStation 4.