The E3 2017 Nintendo Press Conference is just a Treehouse Live this year. The broadcast aired today, and has revealed brand new information about Nintendo’s Switch & Wii U game lineup. Nintendo’s E3 2017 keynote conference started on June 13th at 9:00AM PDT (Pacific USA) / 12:00PM EDT (Eastern USA) / 5:00PM BST (London) / 2:00AM AEST (Sydney, Australia) opens for 30 minutes with a spotlight and the livestream continues afterwards for 3 hours all day and again the 2 days after. What follows is a bulletpoints roundup…
Exciting surprises this year were: Metroid Prime 4, Main Pokemon Game for Switch, Rocket League for Switch, Skyrim for Switch, Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle, Yoshi for Switch, Kirby for Switch, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the World DLC, and later Metroid: Samus Returns.
Watch The Latest Gaming News:
Here’s the full E3 2017 Nintendo broadcast video:
E3 2017 Nintendo Press Conference Roundup:
Show Game Reveals:
• Rocket League confirmed for Nintendo Switch in the opening teaser. Full trailer will be shown later in this digital conference.
• Xenoblade Chronicles 2 CGI & battle trailer shown, as the main duo (Rex and his new friend Pyra) aim to travel to Elysium without using her Eagis power. With her home Elysium, being the ultimate paradise for all of humanity. — Coming Holiday 2017.
• Kirby for Nintendo Switch announced with debut trailer! Looks like a 1 to 4-player platform game. Recruit enemies as helpers, use Kirby copy abilities such as Sword, Fire and Water, and join forces with up to three friends for a different kind of team-up action. — Coming in 2018.
• Pokken Tournament Deluxe has new characters by The Pokemon Company. — Coming to Switch on September 22nd, 2017.
• Main Pokemon Game for Switch announced for Switch! A core Pokemon title is in development at Game Freak! — Still a year away. — Coming in 2018.
• Metroid Prime 4 announced for Switch! All that’s shown is the game logo, nothing else, but at least it’s coming! All Nintendo said was “Metroid Prime 4 is currently in development for Nintendo Switch.”
• Yoshi for Nintendo Switch announced with debut trailer! It’s a 1 to 2-player popup-book & Wooly World style action-platform game. Explore a great big world decorated like a miniature diorama, look for items throughout the stages and team up with a friend in a new art style for the franchise. — Coming in 2018.
• Fire Emblem Warriors announced for Switch! Debut trailer stars the heroes for multiple universes come together including Mars. We also really needed more Fire Emblem amiibo, so Nintendo will be releasing Chrom & Tiki amiibo in Fall 2017! — Game coming in Fall 2018.
• The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim for Switch gameplay footage briefly shown. Amiibo support reaffirms Link as a playable character with the Master Sword in hand.
• The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the World – The Master Trials DLC Pack #1 debut trailer for Master Sword trial, Hero’s Path Mode, new Majora’s Mask armor, Korok Mask, Master Mode. 4 New Champion Characters amiibo confirmed! The Champion’s Balad is the name of the DLC Pack #2. — DLC#1 & #2 coming to Switch & Wii U on June 30th, 2017 & Holiday 2017.
• Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle reaffirmed by Ubisoft as a Switch exclusive. More XCOM-like Mushroom Kingdom footage shown. — Coming August 29th, 2017.
• Rocket League for Switch debut trailer. Game with Mario Hat DLC & customizable cars & custom content. Local wireless multiplayer! Cross-platform online multiplayer! — Coming Holiday 2017.
• Super Mario Odyssey new trailer. Hat allows many new mario transformations / possessions. For example: A T-Rex dinosaur ride opens to show Mario’s trip as a blast to the dinosaur past. 3D & 2D Zelda: Link Between Worlds-style wall gameplay shown. Moon level hinted in song (and with a rocket blasting off into space). Hat-throw possession ability lets Mario transform into a Cheep-cheep Fish, Frog, Bullet Bill, Koopa Troopa & Rocket transformations! 3 new white wedding-themed Mario, Peach & Bowser amiibo confirmed along with a Goomba & Koopa Troopa amiibo, all part of the Super Mario amiibo line. — Game coming to Switch on October 27th, 2017.
Post-show Game Reveals:
• Metroid: Samus Returns reveal trailer shown! It’s a remaster of the GameBoy classic Metroid II: Return of Samus. It’s the 2.5D sci-fi action-platformer / side-scrolling shooter fans have been asking for! Directed by Nintendo, but in development at Mercury Steam. New abilities added like better aim, a Melee Counter, Teleport Stations, and Aeion abilities like the Scan Pulse. — Amiibo support confirmed with the regular & zero-suit samus from the Smash line, as well as 2 brand new amiibo: 1 posed Samus & 1 squishy Metroid! What amiibo unlock is yet to be confirmed. — Physical Metroid: Samus Returns Special Edition confirmed, includes the new soundtrack. — Game coming to 3DS on September 15th, 2017.
Tuesday to Thursday E3 Schedule:
• June 13 – 9:30 a.m. PT / 12:30 p.m. ET
• June 14-15 – 10 a.m. PT / 1 p.m. ET
Day 1 Livestream Video:
[Work-In-Progress: Nintendo’s Treehouse gameplay show is spread across Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday!]
Credit: Nintendo Livestream. 300,000 & 170,000 livestream viewers at its peak on Youtube & Twitch.
What’s your favorite E3 2017 Nintendo announcement?
Tags: Fire Emblem Warriors, Kirby for Nintendo Switch, Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle, Metroid Prime 4, Metroid: Samus Returns, Pokemon Switch, Pokken Tournament Deluxe, Rocket League, Super Mario Odyssey, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the World, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Yoshi for Nintendo Switch