The E3 2017 Ubisoft Press Conference broadcast aired today, has revealed brand new information about Ubisoft’s Xbox One, Xbox 360, PC, PS4, PS3, Wii, Wii U & Switch game lineup. Ubisoft’s E3 2017 keynote conference started on June 12th at 1PM PDT (Pacific USA) / 4:00PM EDT (Eastern USA) / 9:00PM BST (London) / 6:00AM AEST (Sydney, Australia) and lasted an hour and 10 minutes excluding the pre- and post-show. What follows is a bulletpoints roundup…
Exciting surprise reveals this year were: Beyond Good & Evil 2, Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle (despite the many leaks), Skull & Bones, Starlink: Battle for Atlas, Just Dance 2018 (not that surprising), Steep: Road to the Olympics, South Park: Phone Destroyer, and Transference VR.
Here’s the full E3 2017 Ubisoft broadcast video: (starts at 1 hour)
E3 2017 Ubisoft Press Conference Roundup:
• Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle introduced for Switch by Ubisoft president Yves Guillemot and Nintendo’s creative fellow Shigeru Miyamoto. Both have passion for games and love each other very much… now on to the game reveal. It’s Rabbids humor brought into the Mario world. Game creator almost cries at Miyamoto praising the game. mario-rabbids.com website. Gameplay trailer shown. Rabbids teleported into the Mushroom Kingdom and it messes up the world, so they have to fix it together. Turn-based tactical adventure fighting waves of rabbids that turned bad. Switch from exploration mode to battle zone mode that works like XCOM’s turn-based gameplay. Characters have their own set of tactical moves and the environment impacts gameplay too like using the Rabbid Pipes will give the player rabbid a special move. Go to the store.ubi.com for figurines (not amiibo?). — Coming to Switch on August 29th, 2017.
• Assassin’s Creed Origins new trailer shows lots of wild animals like antelopes, birds, crocs, hyenas, hippos and lions. Arrow & sword battles ensue. Beautiful sunset vistas in ancient Egypt. 30 minutes of in-game footage will be live after the conference. — Coming October 27th, 2017 to PC, PS4 & Xbox One.
• The Crew 2 CGI trailer introduces the game. Touts the player character as the king of all motorsports. More info & beta signups at thecrew2game.com/beta website. In the sequel you can go off-road through nature, explore the open oceans, and take to the skies in aircraft (stuntplanes & helicopters). — Coming in Early 2018 to PS4, Xbox One & PC.
• South Park: The Fractured but Whole funny story trailer shown. — Coming to PS4, Xbox One & PC on October 17th, 2017.
• Transference announce trailer shows a new VR game by Spectrevision’s Elijah Wood (gamer/(voice)actor of LOTR Frodo fame). Go into fictional trauma of other people’s memories. It’s a fun trailer, but might be a horror game. More info at the transferencegame.com website. — Sounds like a PS4 & PC title. Coming Spring 2018.
• Skull & Bones pirate world debut trailer shown. Pirate ship battles based on Assassin’s Creed 4’s ocean gameplay. Become the ultimate pirate kingpin by looting ships. 5 VS 5 PvP team-based battles against rivals, the team with the most loot wins the match. Gameplay footage shows the different ships you can sail, ramming & cannonfire seem to be the most effective attack methods, although boarding is possible if you can get close. Giant Kraken teased. Sign up at the skullandbonesgame.com website for a chance to play it early in the beta. — Coming to PS4, Xbox One & PC in Fall 2018.
• Just Dance 2018 debuts with the Jamiroquai’s Automaton song. Bubble Pop, Bebe Rexha’s Dance With Somebody. — Coming on October 26th, 2017 on all consoles: Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS4, PS3, Xbox One & Xbox 360.
• South Park: Phone Destroyer comes to iOS & Android mobile devices. Trailer shows the different factions. It’s a real-time battle game. It brings you iconic South Park characters, action packed real-time strategy, exploding PvP battles, and trademark South Park humor and collectible cards. — Coming later in 2017.
• Starlink: Battle for Atlas toys-to-life debut trailer shown. The legion consumes everything in its path. Sci-fi space exploration game with Skylanders’ portal-like support with toy spaceships that connect to the top of your controller. More info at the starlinkgame.com website. — Coming to Switch, PS4 & Xbox One in Fall 2018.
• Steep: Road to the Olympics trailer shown for the game’s first expansion pack. Many new sports added including Downhill, Slopestyle, Halfpipe, Giant Slalom, Super G, and Big Air. Officially licensed, so you can live the athlete’s journey to the Pyeong Chang 2018 Winter Olympics (South Korea). — Coming on December 5th, 2017 presumably to PC, PS4, Xbox One & Switch.
• Far Cry 5 trailer introduces the new open world game taking place in Hope County, Montana, America. Gameplay shows you controlling a sniper, dog, stuntplane & truckdriver as your teammates to take down the religious oppressors and free the people resisting them. More info on the farcry.com website. — Coming to PS4, Xbox One & PC on February 27th, 2018.
• Beyond Good & Evil 2 finally got a reveal trailer, which drops a lot of f-bombs. Returns us to a sci-fi world with flying cars and many worlds to explore in space. The prequel takes place before Jade’s birth / Beyond Good & Evil 1, with hybrid human-animals being created to be slaves in System-3, where you fight the system to free them all. Register for the space monkey program at the bgegame.com website; The site immediately went down after the announcement due to heavy traffic. — No systems or release date announced.
Credit: Ubisoft Livestream. 100,000 & 75,000 livestream viewers at its peak on Twitch & Youtube.
What’s your favorite E3 2017 Ubisoft announcement?
Tags: Assassin's Creed Origins, Beyond Good & Evil 2, Far Cry 5, Just Dance 2018, Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle, Skull & Bones, South Park: Phone Destroyer, South Park: The Fractured But Whole, Starlink: Battle for Atlas, Steep: Road to the Olympics, The Crew 2, Transference