The E3 2017 Sony Press Conference broadcast aired today, has revealed brand new information about Sony’s PS4 & PS VR game lineup. Sony’s E3 2017 keynote conference started on June 13th at 6:00PM PDT (Pacific USA) / 9:00PM EDT (Eastern USA) / 2:00AM BST (London) / 11:00AM AEST (Sydney, Australia) and lasted one hour. What follows is a bulletpoints roundup…
Exciting surprises this year were: Horizon: Zero Dawn DLC, Monster Hunter World, Shadow of the Colossus PS4 Remaster, Skyrim VR, and a few VR games. As well as some returning favorites.
Watch The Latest Gaming News:
Here’s the full E3 2017 Sony 4K broadcast video: (starts at 1 hour)
E3 2017 Sony Press Conference Roundup:
• Uncharted: The Lost Legacy opened the show with a new action-packed trailer where the two leading ladies explore caves, ruins and cities for ancient Inca treasure. — Coming to PS4 on August 22nd, 2017.
• Horizon: Zero Dawn – The Frozen Wilds expansion debut trailer shown. An vulcano becomes active and threatens their lives. — Coming to PS4 in Fall 2017.
• Days Gone new trailer shown. Shows motorbike wolf chases, road-side ambushes, forest exploration, enemy camps, zombie hordes made up of hundreds of zombies, and there’s a zombie bear too. This is a zombie survival game. — No release window given.
• Monster Hunter World announced by Capcom for PS4 with debut trailer. Lots of giant dinosaur monsters to hunt. — Coming to PS4, Xbox One & PC in Early 2018.
• Shadow of the Colossus Remastered in 4K for PS4. Trailer shown. — Coming to PS4 sometime in 2018.
• Marvel VS. Capcom: Infinite CGI trailer shown. Story Demo available today! — Coming September 19th, 2017.
• Call of Duty: WWII new trailer shown. Covers all World War II fronts with no mercy. Control WWII rifles, machine guns, grenades, TNT, bunker busters, AA guns. — Coming November 3rd, 2017.
• The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR reveal trailer shown. Like Fallout 4 VR, it’s Skyrim… in VR. — Coming to PlayStation VR.
• Star Child reveal trailer shown. A platformer where it seems you can step into a giant robot, or at least it’s helping you out against the bigger enemies. — Coming to PlayStation VR.
• The Inpatient announced by Until Dawn developer Supermassive Games in a reveal trailer. Takes place in a mental hospital. Ideal for those waiting on Until Dawn 2 (unconfirmed). More gameplay of this VR game was shown in the pre-show. — Coming to PlayStation VR.
• Final Fantasy XV: Monster of the Depth new trailer. Fishing simulator. You also cook with your buddies what you catch. — Coming to PlayStation VR on September 19th, 2017.
• Bravo Team debut trailer by Supermassive Games. Shows multiplayer shooter in VR. — Coming to PlayStation VR.
• Moss debut trailer. You’re a white knight mouse with a green armored arm. — Coming to PlayStation VR.
• God of War new trailer shown. Kratos and his son travel to a new land with new Gods who don’t take kindly on Kratos’ kind and monsters start attacking him again. The world serpent will help them, so not all mythical creatures are bad after all. — Coming to PS4 in Early 2018!!
• Detroit: Become Human new trailer shown. It’s an android rebellion, where conscience androids set each other free from the humans. Focus on the many different options you have to progress your story. Lead the android revolution. Will you use violence or be passive? — Coming to PS4 in… no release date given.
• Destiny 2 new trailer shows humanity’s darkest hour after the last city’s walls have fallen. The big planet-conquering baddy is introduced. PS4-exclusive content Strike: Lake of Shadows, Gear, Ship: City Apex, Exotic Weapon: Borealis, and more. — Coming to PS4, Xbox One & PC on September 6th, 2017.
• Spider-Man new trailer for the PS4 exclusive. Fisk tower shown (he later appears in a videocall from prison). Spidey’s got tech support as he answers police calls and gets there first to apprehend the baddies. Really smooth action thanks to in-air slow-motion giving you take-down options as you tackle groups of Demon enemies at once. The Demon’s superpowered leader Martin Lee escapes in a helicopter, and a webslinging chase through the city ensues. The damage Spidey causes to the city is on a Man of Steel level. — Coming to PS4 sometime in 2018.
Further Pre- & Post-Show Announcements:
• Superhot VR announced for PlayStation VR with a trailer! — After a year-long Xbox One exclusivity period in 2016, a VR version came to PC half a year ago, and it’s finally coming to PS4 in Summer 2017.
• Sparc virtual squash sports game coming first to PlayStation VR. More info at the playsparc.com website.
• Tropico 6 debut trailer shown for the construction sim’s sequel. — Coming to PS4, PC & Xbox One sometime in 2018.
• Undertale confirmed for PS4 & PS Vita. The friendly RPG where nobody has to die will soon be playable on your TV! — Digital download, as well as physical normal & collector’s editions coming to PS4, PS Vita & PC at fangamer.com (includes gold-plated music-box locket!) in Summer 2017.
• Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom new trailer revealed the PS4 JRPG’s release date is November 10th, 2017.
• Strange Brigade coming to PS4 from the creators of Sniper Elite 4 and Zombie Army Trilogy. Promises to be a rip-roaring 1930s adventure for 1-4 players filled with pulse-pounding action, treacherous traps and tales of derring-do. More info at the strangebrigade.com website.
• Everybody’s Golf PS4 reveal trailer. — Coming to PS4 on August 29th, 2017.
• Hidden Agenda introduces PlayLink, this game is the first of a few titles (Hidden Agenda, That’s You!, Frantics, Singstar Celebration & Knowledge Is Power) that are all about games that everyone can enjoy. No need for multiple DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controllers, simply start a game on your PS4, pick up your smartphones, gather around your TV and prepare for a different experience! – The reveal video shows where you can listen to the creators of Until Dawn, Supermassive Games talk about their new PlayStation VR game. Blending the best elements of movies and games, this story based adventure drops you into a tale rife with chilling moral dilemmas. Up to four of you can join in and influence the narrative, but beware – not all of you will be working towards the same objective… From quick-fire quizzes to immersive multiplayer experiences. — Coming exclusively to PS4 soon.
• That’s You! is the second Playlink title being shown off, it’s FREE for PSN+ subscribers! Watch PlayStation’s own Shu play the party game that’s all about… YOU! Set off on a journey of discovery with up to five of your friends and family, and find out what you really think about each other. — On July 4th, 2017 PlayStation Plus members will get the full version of That’s You! at no additional cost!
• Extinction CGI trailer shown. By Iron Galaxy. Sword fighting and parkour / whip slinging action as the main character fights flying demons and takes down giants Attack on Titan-style! — Coming to PS4 in Early 2018.
• MATTERFALL reveal trailer shown. Blast through explosive waves of contemporary arcade action from Housemarque, the makers of RESOGUN and Alienation. — Coming to PS4 on August 15th, 2017.
• No Heroes Allowed! VR announce trailer for PlayStation VR. “No Heroes Allowed! VR” is a real-time strategy game where you become the God of Destruction and, together with the Badmen and Badmella, aim for world domination! Still in development, so no release date.
• Knack 2 debut trailer. The first Knack was terrible, fingers crossed the sequel is a decent kid-friendly adventure, especially since it’s got seamless co-op now. Promises a vibrantly colored world with stunning graphics and puzzles for varying skill levels. — Coming to PS4 on September 5th, 2017.
• Spider-Man Homecoming VR Experience debut trailer. This will be a FREE title for the PS4’s VR platform.
Credit: Sony Livestream. 300,000 & 170,000 livestream viewers at its peak on Twitch & Youtube.
What’s your favorite E3 2017 Sony announcement?
Tags: Days Gone, Destiny 2, Detroit: Become Human, God of War PS4, Horizon: Zero Dawn - The Frozen Wilds, Monster Hunter World, Shadow of the Colossus Remastered, Spider-Man PS4, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR, Uncharted: The Lost Legacy