The E3 2017 PC Gaming Press Conference broadcast aired today, has revealed brand new information about a lineup that’s all about PC games. The PC Gaming Show’s E3 2017 keynote conference started on June 12th at 10:00PM PDT (Pacific USA) / 1:00AM EDT (Eastern USA) / 6:00AM BST (London) / 4:00PM AEST (Sydney, Australia) and lasted one hour and 45 minutes. What follows is a bulletpoints roundup…
Exciting surprises this year were: XCOM 2: War of the Chosen, Warhammer: Total War 2, Ylands, GriftLands, and Age of Empires: Definite Edition.
Watch The Latest Gaming News:
Here’s the full E3 2017 PC Gaming Show broadcast video: (starts at 1:02 hour)
E3 2017 PC Gaming Press Conference Roundup:
Show Video Timeline:
• [coming soon]
Show Game Notes:
• XCOM 2: War of the Chosen expansion trailer shown. 3 Purple aliens “the chosen” looking to fight the human resistance. Unite 3 factions that hate each other. Twice the size of the previous XCOM expansions. — Coming to PC, Xbox One & PS4 on August 29, 2017.
• Ooblets from Double Fine shown in gardening & character customizer trailer.
• Battletech gameplay trailer shown as turn-based tactical mech game by Hairbrain Schemes (of Shadowrun Returns fame). Go to Battletechgame.com to sign up for the beta.
• Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord gameplay trailer shown. Horseback arrow-firing knight battles switch to sword melee fights.
• Warhammer: Total War 2 footage shown. Four new factions in the sequel. It’s the second game in the trilogy. Pre-orders get you a New Race Pack for the first game. — Coming to PC on September 28th, 2017.
• Wonderland Dreams card game trailer shown. Vampires, monsters, anime leading cast. — New card expansion coming June 29, 2017.
• Destiny 2 was part of the Intel talk to announce it’s got 4K graphics on PC and that Bungie are optimizing the engine to use the Intel multi-core processors!
Ready At Dawn’s Echo Arena VR game on Oculus Rift for free thanks to Intel. They are organizing the VR challenge in the VR Challenger League and win VR prizes via @IntelGaming.
• Tunic indie game trailer stars a fox as the lead. 2.5D stylized cartoony adventure.
• Playerunknown’s Battlegrounds updates announced! 2D & 3D replays coming with slow-motion, jumping & vaulting all objects confirmed, weather setting with fog & rain & sunset being added, as well as the OTS Groza crate-only weapon coming soon. Modding will be added in the future. Two new maps coming, desert map in Peru & snowy Adriatic map. Servers getting fixed.
• Rising Storm 2 & Killing Floor 2 Expansion gameplay trailers shown. From the Killing Floor 2 & upcoming Killing Floor: Incursion VR creator. Killing Floor 2: The Summer Sideshow expansion with carnival theme announced as a seasonal event, this limited-time event only lasts for one month. Starts tomorrow, free on Steam all week.
• Forza Motorsport 7 4K footage shown. Developer Turn10 says the game is about precision. Mouse & keyboard & USB steering wheel support. Minimum specs supports Intel i5. Coming October 3rd, 2017.
• Sea of Thieves on show. Developer Rare reveals Windows 10 PC version is built up from the bottom, will have unlocked framerate & 4K graphics. Technical alpha signup at seaofthieves.com. — Coming early 2017.
• The Last Night is a cinematic platformer with an Oddworld style & pixelart graphics. With real-time puzzle solving. Takes place in an AI-powered futuristic yet dreary world where humans have nothing to strive for. — More info at the oddtales.net website.
• Ylands trailer shown. Cartoony stylistic graphics on a survival & exploration multiplayer PC game. From the Day-Z & ARMA creators Bohemia Interactive. From stranding on a desert island to reaching the new world of America with horseback, knight, car, ship & jetpack battles. In-game editor to make your own creations. — More info & alpha signups at the ylands.com website, coming to Steam early access later in 2017.
• GriftLands sci-fi RPG game announced by Klei (the Don’t Starve creators) with a debut trailer. More info at the griftlands.com website. — PC game coming in Late 2017 or Early 2018.
• Lone Echo with Echo Arena VR game shown with gameplay footage shown. Troy Baker voices the game’s AI. Oculus Rift VR title with battles resembling those multiplayer Zero-G battles from Ender’s Game. — Coming July 20th, 2017.
• Lawbreakers Rise Up beta event starts June 28th, 2017. Find out more & sign up at the riseup.lawbreakers.com website. More gravity defying combat shown. — Final release date for the PC & PS4 $30 game is August 8th, 2017.
• Wargroove shown from the Stardew Valley creator. New trailer shows 12 campaigns in the turn-based tactical strategy title (looks like Fire Emblem & Advance Wars). Has local & online multiplayer for up to 4 players. It’s got mod support and map editor that comes with a few pre-built scenarios that includes branching path options! You can share your maps and go online to download other people’s maps. — Coming to PC, Switch & Xbox One in 2017.
• Middle-earth: Shadow of War new cutscene trailer shown. — Coming to PC, Xbox One & PS4 on October 10th, 2017.
• Age of Empires: Definite Edition announced by Microsoft in a world exclusive trailer. Westwood strategy veteran on-stage. RTS classic with fully remastered graphics in 4K, new zoom levels, new & improved gameplay (control groups & idle villager buttons), Xbox Live multiplayer, and fully remastered soundtrack. Join the beta at the ageofempires.com website. For the 20th anniversary of the franchise continues at Gamescom in August with more announcements of the celebrations. — Coming to Windows 10 PC later in 2017.
Credit: PC Gaming Livestream. 90,000 livestream viewers at its peak on Twitch.
What’s your favorite E3 2017 PC Gaming announcement?
Tags: Age of Empires: Definite Edition, Destiny 2, Forza Motorsport 7, GriftLands, LawBreakers, Middle Earth: Shadow of War, Playerunknown's Battlegrounds, Sea of Thieves, The Last Night, Warhammer: Total War 2, XCOM 2: War of the Chosen, Ylands