Lock’s Quest is coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC in April, publisher THQ Nordic announced.
Watch the Lock’s Quest Remaster Announcement Trailer:
Originally developed by 5th Cell and released for DS in 2008, the remastered version is developed by New York City-based Digital Continue, who have revamped the user interface, adapted the controls, remastered the music, and added a new progression system integrated into the story.
Here’s Lock’s Quest image gallery. Click on any of these image thumbnails to see the full-size screens:
In this remastered version of the critically acclaimed 2008 Nintendo DS-Game, you play as Lock, a boy who stumbles upon an invasion of his Village, which triggers a wider war between Kingdom Force and a revived Clockwork Army, led by the nefarious Lord Agony. A gripping story unfolds as you progress through 75 Days of warfare, across a dozen unique maps, aided by a collection of turrets, traps and special attacks. Experience the game as it was meant to be, with a high-quality soundtrack, new high resolution portraits, and revised gameplay.
• Place Kingdom Force units to defend your capitol in a brand new Endless Mode – Antonia Defense!
• Build up your fortifications each day to defend against a timed Clockwork assault. Use dozens of Turrets, Traps and Helpers to stop the advance.
• Adapt your building and battling strategies as you access new materials and as your enemy’s intelligence evolves
• Fight alongside your defenses, using context sensitive Special Attacks, and devastating Super Attacks, which impact a wide range of enemies.
• Unlock the secrets of Kingdom Force and the Archineers via an engrossing story with a multi character cast, told via hand drawn cinematics and cut-scenes.
• New progression system automatically unlocks new turrets at specific story plot points.
• Brand new Antonia Defense Battles featuring a new map.
• All music remastered in high definition, with orchestrated introduction and ending.
• Player controls remapped for keyboard/mouse and gamepad input.
• Revamped User Interface, customized for HD resolution, including all new GUI Art.
• Character portraits refactored in High Resolution.