With Pokemon Go Gen 2 finally launching, here’s a 100% reliable way to evolve Eevee into the Pokemon you want! Time to find out in Pokemon Go Gen 2 how to evolve Eevee into Umbreon & Espeon.
How to evolve into Umbreon & Espeon? Full explanation below, quick video guide here:
Watch The Latest Gaming News:
Index of Pokemon Go Guides:
- This Page: Pokemon Go: How To Evolve Eevee Into Umbreon & Espeon
- Next Page: Pokemon Go: How To Evolve Eevee Into Jolteon, Vaporeon & Flareon
- Next Page: Pokemon Go: How To Catch All 151 Wild Pokemon
- Next Page: Pokemon Go Cheats
- Next Page: Pokemon Go Walkthrough
Pokemon Go Gen 2: How To Evolve Eevee Into Umbreon & Espeon
Here’s the step-by-step guide to evolving Eevee:
• Step 1: The two Kimono Girl Sisters from Johto from the original Pokemon anime were named Tamao & Sakura and they owned a Umbreon & Espeon respectively. If you nickname your Eevee either Tamao or Sakura, your Eevee will evolve into that desired Eeveelution!
– Name your Eevee “Tamao” to get Umbreon.
– Name your Eevee “Sakura” to get Espeon.
• Step 2: Nickname your Eevee into its desired new nickname by selecting the Pencil icon to the right of the “Eevee” name on its stats info page to go to the “Set Nickname” screen and confirm its new name with “OK” before evolving it with the required 25 Candy you need to collect to force the evolution.
WARNING: Due to Gen 2 launch server issues (during the first couple of hours) not properly registering the Eevee name-change, it is recommended to name your Eevee with your intended evolution name, then close and restart the Pokemon Go app to confirm the name went through on the servers. When you know the name-change was saved you can safely do the evolution.
Tip: To keep evolving Eevee into the correct evolution you want multiple times, you need to know that you can only obtain one specific Evolution at a time, and not obtain the same one twice in a row.
2nd Method to evolving Eevee:
– To get Umbreon walk 10km with the Eevee you want to evolve as your Buddy and keep it as your Buddy Pokemon when you evolve it during the NIGHT. – Night time can be confirmed by checking if your in-game map has the dark / blue ‘night’ color.
– To get Espeon walk 10km with the Eevee you want to evolve as your Buddy and keep it as your Buddy Pokemon when you evolve it during the DAY. – Day time can be confirmed by checking if your in-game map has the light / green ‘day’ color.
What’s your favorite Eevee evolution?