Following an announcement last week, InXile Entertainment has launched the Fig campaign for Wasteland 3. The game is seeking $2.75 million in funding and at press time has already gathered nearly half of its goal.
Watch the Wasteland 3 Gameplay Trailer:
The RPG followup to Wasteland 2 is aiming for a simultaneous release across PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC, Mac, and Linux in Q4 2019.
About Wasteland 3
Wasteland 3 is party-based roleplaying game, playable in single-player or multiplayer, with a renewed focus on reactivity and strategic combat.
• Multi-Player: Playable in single- and multiplayer experiences.
• Combat: Deep turn-based combat, evolving on Wasteland 2’s strategic options and unique encounter design. By including vehicles, environmental dangers, and a revamped, more fluid action system, Wasteland 3 evolves from Wasteland 2’s deep tactical turn-based combat and unique encounter design.
• Gameplay: For the first time, players can play by themselves or with friends in a story-driven synchronous or asynchronous multiplayer experience. Choices open up mission opportunities, areas to explore, story arcs, and tons of other content.
• Ranger Base: Your Ranger Base is a core part of the experience. As you help the local people and establish a reputation in Colorado, quests and narrative will force you to make decisions on how to lead.
• Environment: The game will be set in the savage lands of frozen Colorado, where survival is difficult and a happy outcome is never guaranteed. Players will face difficult moral choices and make sacrifices that will change the game world.
• Storyline: Wasteland 3 will feature a deep and engaging story utilizing a newly-revamped dialog tree system from the celebrated writers of Torment: Tides of Numenera.
• Platforms: Simultaneously releasing to Windows, macOS, Linux, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.