The The Witcher 3: Blood and Wine trophies guide lists every trophy for this PS4 action-RPG game expansion pack and tells you how to get and unlock them all.
In the The Witcher 3: Blood and Wine trophy guide we’ll show there are 13 Trophies (3 Hidden Trophies) that can be earned in the PS4 version. Earn Bronze (13) Trophies to increase your Gamer Level.
Index of The Witcher 3: Blood and Wine Guides:
- This Page: The Witcher 3: Blood and Wine Trophies Guide
- Next Page: The Witcher 3: Blood and Wine Walkthrough
- Next Page: The Witcher 3: Blood and Wine Grandmaster Gear Crafting Diagrams Locations Guide
- Next Page: The Witcher 3: Blood and Wine Romance Guide
- Next Page: The Witcher 3: Blood and Wine Achievements Guide
- Next Page: The Witcher 3: Blood and Wine Cheats
The Witcher 3: Blood and Wine Trophies Guide
Disclaimer Note: This downloadable content requires the base game The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt on the game system you’re on in order to play. You’ll need to be at least Level 34 in order to start Blood and Wine’s storyline.
1. The Witcher’s Gone South (Bronze) — Travel to the Duchy of Toussaint.
2. Last Action Hero (Bronze) — Be decorated with the Order of Vitis Vinifera.
3. Kling of the Clink (Bronze) — Serve time in Toussaint.
Tips: For these two missable trophies you have to get the good and bad game endings. Your choices from the main quest “The Night of Long Fangs” and beyond will influence the outcome. You can get both of them in one go if you make a clever manual save. See the instructional steps here:
– Step 1: In “The Night of Long Fangs” choose the dialogue choice “Considering freeing Syanna. Let’s talk to Damien”. This is right after defeating the Bruxa at the start of the quest.
– Step 2: Do the objectives to help Syanna and finish the quest. This will trigger a new main quest “Beyond Hill and Dale”.
– Step 3: Before talking to the Little Flint Girl create a manual save game. You can do the other objectives up until the point where you need to plant the 3 beans. Just be sure you haven’t talked to the Flint Girl when you make your manual save.
– Kling of the Clink: Complete the story without ever talking to the Little Flint Girl. Completely ignore her, never talk to her at all. Then Syanna will die and you get thrown into prison – bad ending.
– Last Action Hero: Talk to the Little Flint Girl and get the Ribbon from her (win a match of Gwent or buy it for 500 crowns). Then Syanna lives and the duchess will knight you – good ending. Simply reload your save game to get back to the Flint Girl.
Note: It’s also worth noting that you can get “Last Action Hero” by choosing to help the Unseen Elder in “The Knight of Long Fangs”. Then you just need to finish the story and it will unlock. By making a manual save game at the Little Flint Girl you can save some time and don’t have to replay the entire quest.
4. A Knight to Remember (Bronze) — Obtain a flawless victory in all the competitions during the knights’ tourney.
Location: The Knights’ Tourney is part of a side quest called “The Warble of a Smitten Knight”. It will be added to your quest journal automatically during the main story mission “The Beast of Toussaint”.
Tips: You can miss this trophy in several ways. It’s a missable trophy, because if you lose a competition or make a wrong dialogue choice you can’t unlock it. The one dialogue choice you have to look out for is after the third competition and after following the bird into the woods. You must choose the dialogue option “Wanna finish the tourney” to continue (otherwise you get kicked out).
The official trophy description is also a bit misleading. You don’t need a “flawless” or “perfect” victory. Just winning each match is good enough. It doesn’t matter if you win only by a little or if you make mistakes. As long as you win all 5 competitions the trophy will unlock.
The video guide only shows the relevant parts for the trophy (competitions and missable dialogue choices). The quest takes much longer than that and there’s a lot of running around. Just follow the quest markers.
• Tourney #1 – Crossbow Target Shooting – 0:30
• Tourney #2 – Horse Race – 1:02
• Tourney #3 – Mounted Duel – 4:07
• Tourney #4 – Arena Fight 5v5 – 5:06
• Tourney #5 – Arena Fight 1v1 – 5:59
5. Embodiment of the Five Virtues (Bronze) — Be given Aerondight by the Lady of the Lake.
Tips: First you must finish the side quest “There Can Only Be One”. It starts by either talking to the quest giver or getting all notes off the quest board in Beauclair. In it you have to get 5 virtues by making certain dialogue choices throughout the DLC. There are only limited opoortunities available for each virtue and they are all missable. In this guide I show you the 5 earliest in the DLC (you can get them all within the first 45 minutes). Just be aware that there are more than these. If you missed one keep playing and you might unlock it by accident. If you finished the DLC and are still missing something, start a new DLC only playthrough from the main game to quickly get all 5 on a fresh playthrough.
Timeline for the Five Virtues:
– Virtue #1 [0:37] — Compassion – Main QUest: The Beast of Toussaint – After fighting the Shalemaar in the arena decide to spare its life.
– Virtue #2 [1:27] — Generosity – Go to Main Square of Beauclair and a child will deliver a letter to you. Give him 5 crowns for his trouble.
– Virtue #3 [2:14] — Honor – Side Quest: The Warble of a Smitten Knight – After the horse race choose to accept the mounted duel against the prince and win it.
– Virtue #4 [3:33] — Valor – Side Quest: The Warble of a Smitten Knight – After following the girl into the woods and returning to camp, decide to finish the tourney and win.
– Virtue #5 [5:13] — Wisdom – Main Quest: La Cage Au Fou – Thoroughly explore the WIght’s Lair and when hiding in the closet try to lift the curse instead of attacking.
6. Playing House (Bronze) — Use all available options for developing Corvo Bianco.
7. Turned Every Stone (Bronze) — Find all grandmaster diagrams for each witcher school.
Tip: Complete all grandmaster diagram sets using our “The Witcher 3: Blood and Wine Grandmaster Gear Crafting Diagrams Locations Guide“.
8. I Have a Gwent Problem (Bronze) — Collect all the cards in the Skellige deck.
9. Dressed to Kill (Bronze) — Unlock the bonus for equipping all the witcher gear elements from one School.
10. Weapon “W” (Bronze) — Develop a mutation.
11. The Grapes of Wrath Stomped (Bronze) — Help unite the warring vineyards and have a wine named in your honor.
Tips: What follows is a list of all steps to help complete the task of bringing peace to the vineyards.
– Step 1: Talk to Liam and Matilda at the “Plegmund’s Bridge” fast travel signpost. This triggers two side quests “Wine Wars: Vermentino” and “Wine Wars: Coronata”.
– Step 2: In “Wine Wars: Vermentino” (at Objective 3/5) you must read the note. DO NOT COMPLETE THIS QUEST YET!
– Step 3: In “Wine Wars: Coronata” (at Objective 2/5) you must read another note. This triggers a new quest “Wine Wars: The Deus in the Machina”. Do this quest immediately.
– Step 4: Complete Quest “Wine Wars: The Deus in the Machina”. Do not complete the other Wine Wars quests yet or you will miss the trophy!
– Step 5: Return to Liam and Matilda they will give you a new quest “Wine Wars: Consorting”.
– Step 6: Complete “Wine Wars: Consorting”. Just follow the quest markers, nothing to worry about here. Return to Liam and Matilda once the quest is done.
– Step 7: Upon completing the quest you will automatically start “Wine Wars: Belgraad”. Complete it by following the quest markers. Nothing special to do here.
– Step 8: If you did everything correctly, Liam and Matilda will ask you to wait for 3 days at the end of the quest. Just meditate for 3 days. As a thanks for your help they have a surprise for you – a wine named after you! After talking to them the trophy will pop.
Note: Here’s why this trophy is missable. If you complete either of the first two wine wars quests only one person is going to get the Belgraad vineyard, then they won’t name a wine after you and the trophy will be missed. The important part is to do “The Deus in the Machina” quest before returning to Liam and Matilda.
12. Hasta la Vista (Bronze) — Kill a frozen opponent with a crossbow bolt.
Requirement: First you must craft a Northern Wind bomb (freezes enemies). If you don’t have it already you can purchase the formula at the Herbalist’s Hut in Novigrad.
Location: Now go to some low level bandits, for example they can be found in the Devil’s Pit in Velen. – Note that on the lowest difficulty the enemies will die much quicker.
Tip: Weaken the enemies with a few crossbow shots. When their health is low you throw a Northern Wind bomb at them. This will freeze the enemies and you have a few seconds to finish them off with the crossbow.
13. David and Golyat (Bronze) — Kill Golyat with a crossbow bolt to his eye.
Location: As part of the unmissable “The Beast of Toussaint” main quest at the start of the Blood and Wine storyline, when you arrive in Toussaint the first thing you will have to do is fight a giant boss called “Golyat” at the Dulcinea Windmill.
Tips: The boss has a wooden barrel on his head for protection. The barrel is missing a small piece in the middle. You must shoot through that hole in the barrel with your crossbow to hit Golyat’s eye. Weaken him until he is almost dead. Then just keep shooting at the middle of the barrel with the strongest crossbow you have.
Note that if the boss dies by other means you fail, but you can reload the last checkpoint to try going for this trophy again.
Please comment if you have any The Witcher 3: Blood and Wine trophy unlock tips of your own. Kudos will be given. – Thanks for visiting!