The Fallout 4 achievements guide lists every achievement for this Xbox One & PC action-RPG game and tells you how to get and unlock them.
In the Fallout 4 achievement guide we’ll show there are 50 Achievements (0 Secret Achievements) with a total of 1,000 Gamerscore points to earn in the Xbox One and PC versions.
Index of Fallout 4 Guides:
- This Page: Fallout 4 Achievements Guide
- Next Page: Fallout 4 Cheats
- Next Page: Fallout 4 Walkthrough
- Next Page: Fallout 4 Bobbleheads Locations Guide
- Next Page: Fallout 4 Companions Locations Guide
- Next Page: Fallout 4 Romance Guide
- Next Page: Fallout 4 Trophies Guide
- Next Page: Fallout 4 Factions Guide
- Next Page: Fallout 4 Dogmeat Location Guide
Fallout 4 Achievements Guide
1. War Never Changes (10G) — Enter The Wasteland
2. When Freedom Calls (10G) — Complete “When Freedom Calls”
3. Unlikely Valentine (20G) — Complete “Unlikely Valentine”
4. Reunions (20G) — Complete “Reunions”
5. Dangerous Minds (20G) — Complete “Dangerous Minds”
6. Hunter/Hunted (20G) — Complete “Hunter/Hunted”
7. The Molecular Level (20G) — Complete “The Molecular Level”
8. The Nuclear Option (30G) — Complete “The Nuclear Option”
9. Institutionalized (10G) — Complete “Institutionalized”
10. Mankind-Redefined (10G) — Complete “Mankind-Redefined”
11. Powering Up (10G) — Complete “Powering Up”
12. Nuclear Family (30G) — Complete “Nuclear Family”
13. The First Step (10G) — Join the Minutemen
14. Taking Independence (10G) — Complete “Taking Independence”
15. Old Guns (30G) — Complete “Old Guns”
16. Semper Invicta (10G) — Join the Brotherhood of Steel
17. Blind Betrayal (10G) — Complete “Blind Betrayal”
18. Ad Victoriam (30G) — Complete “Ad Victoriam”
19. Tradecraft (10G) — Join the Railroad
Location: Can be done during the “Road to Freedom” Quest in Fallout 4. It is needed to find & join the Railroad Faction and also to progress in the main quest “The Molecular Level”. Joining the Railroad unlocks the Tradecraft achievement.
What makes this particular quest tricky is the lack of waypoints and map markers. The quest can be started in several ways: by overhearing people in Diamond City Market or by progressing in the “The Molecular Level” main quest. The first waypoint at Park Street Station will show up on your map.
Now normally the quest wants you to follow some lanterns and pick up password pieces along the way. But you can skip all that. Just head directly to Old North Church. Go to the basement and enter the password “Railroad” and you’re in. To actually join the Railroad you must complete the follow-up quest “Tradecraft” which then unlocks a achievement with the same name. The quest is given to you by Deacon after your first talk with the Railroad leader.
20. Underground Undercover (10G) — Complete “Underground Undercover”
21. Rockets’ Red Glare (30G) — Complete “Rockets’ Red Glare”
22. Sanctuary (20G) — Complete “Sanctuary”
23. Community Organizer (20G) — Ally with 3 Settlements
24. Benevolent Leader (20G) — Reach Maximum Happiness in a Large Settlement
Tips: How to get 100 Happiness in a Fallout 4 Settlement? The maximum population is 10 + your charisma level (including bonus charisma gained by gear. You will need to have food, water and beds at or above the the current population total. Put 3-4 settlers on food and the rest on Tier 3 stores. Highest tiered stores will require Local Leader rank 2, cap collector and medic. Clinics are the best.
If you want charisma gear, look for glasses and TRILBY HAT. The best outfit is the Reginald’s suit (male) and Agatha’s Dress (female) for completing the Curtain Call side quest at Trinity Tower. This grants +3 Charisma, or +5 with the hat and glasses.
25. Gun-For-Hire (20G) — Complete 10 Side Quests
26. Mercenary (30G) — Complete 50 Misc. Objectives
27. Scavver (20G) — Gather 1000 Resources Used For Crafting
28. What’s Yours Is Mine (30G) — Pick 50 Locks
29. RobCo’s Worst Nightmare (30G) — Hack 50 Terminals
30. Armed and Dangerous (30G) — Create 50 Weapon Mods
31. Wasteland D.I.Y. (30G) — Craft 100 Items
32. Never Go It Alone (20G) — Recruit 5 Separate Companions
Tip: Find all 13 Companions using our “Fallout 4 Companions Locations Guide“.
33. Lovable (20G) — Reach Maximum Relationship Level with a Companion
Tip: Find out how to get to the Maximum Relationship Level with 7 Companions using our “Fallout 4 Romance Guide“.
34. Fix-Er-Upper (20G) — Build 100 Workshop Items
35. Future Retro (10G) — Play a Holotape Game
Location: Holotape games can be played at Recreation Terminals. There is one in the very beginning of the game when you enter Vault 111. It’s in the kitchen on the lower floor.
You can either pick it up when you first visit the vault, or return later at any time. As soon as you start the Holotape Game the achievement unlocks. You don’t have to beat the game.
Note: You can also pick up the holotape games from terminals to play them later in your pip boy.
36. …The Harder They Fall (20G) — Kill 5 Giant Creatures
Locations: Ancient Behemoths and Mirelurk Queens can be found South of Walden Pond, South of Greentop Nursery, Swans Pond, East of Gunners Plaza, and Murkwater Construction Site.
Tips: There are way more than 5 Giant Creatures in Fallout 4. Be sure to come well equipped with Mini-Nuke & Rocket Launchers and wear Power Armor to fight these guys or else they will kill you!
Note that it’s best to go after them alone without a companion. If you go with a companion (s)he might kill it instead of you and it won’t count, since you need to get the last/kill-shot in, and these rare enemies don’t respawn.
37. Ranger Corps (40G) — Discover 100 Locations
38. Print’s Not Dead (20G) — Read 20 Magazines
39. Prankster’s Return (10G) — Placed A Grenade Or Mine While Pickpocketing
Requirements: Buy the Pickpocket Perk (Rank 2) in the Perception skill tree. Rank 2 of this perk lets you place a live grenade in someones inventory and increases the chance of success by 50%.
You can find or buy grenades. For example, several merchants in Diamond City Market sell fragmentation grenades. You will get to Diamond City in the first few hours of the game as part of a main quest.
Once you have the grenade and perk, enter sneaking mode and approach someone from behind, then select the mine from your weapons to place it on the other person. The mine will explode and the achievement unlocks. Make sure you create a manual save game before doing this. You can reload it to get your skill points back.
40. Masshole (20G) — Kill 300 People
41. Animal Control (20G) — Kill 300 Creatures
42. Homerun! (10G) — Get a Homerun
Location: This can be done in Diamond City Market. You get to this location automatically in the first few hours of the story.
There are 4 baseball markers on the ground. You need to walk over all of them in the correct order to unlock the achievement.
43. Touchdown! (10G) — Get a Touchdown
Location: For this you must get killed by a “Super Mutant Suicider”. They spawn in many parts of the Commonwealth.
Odds are you will this achievement without trying when you progress through the game. They are easy to spot because they have a red, blinking bomb with them. They come running towards you and blow themselves up. There’s one in a train wreck in the south of the map, between Somerville Place and Hyde Park.
Alternatively, you can get the achievement if you shoot a Fat Man with the Mini Nuke ammo at your feet.
44. They’re Not Dolls… (10G) — Collect 10 Vault-Tec Bobbleheads
45. …They’re Action Figures (20G) — Collect 20 Vault-Tec Bobbleheads
Tip: To find all 20 Bobbleheads, check out our “Fallout 4 Bobbleheads Locations Guide“.
46. Born Survivor (5G) — Reach Level 5
47. Commonwealth Citizen (10G) — Reach Level 10
48. Unstoppable Wanderer (25G) — Reach Level 25
49. Legend Of The Wastes (50G) — Reach Level 50
50. Prepared for the Future (50G) — Decide the Fate of the Commonwealth
Please comment if you have any Fallout 4 achievement unlock tips of your own. Kudos will be given. – Thanks for visiting!