Welcome to the Destiny: The Taken King Calcified Fragments locations guide that helps you find the total of 50 Calcified Fragments locations for the PS4, PS3, Xbox One & Xbox 360 open world first-person shooter Destiny Expansion 3: The Taken King DLC.
Finding all 50 Calcified Fragment locations and picking them up will help unlock the following:
* After finding your first Calcified Fragment, visit Eris Morn in the Tower to get the “Shattered Past” Quest on the Dreadnaught, where you must collect 5 more Calcified Fragments to unlock the Reciprocal Rune reward when you visit her again.
* Collecting all 50 Calcified Fragment will give you something unknown as-of-yet.
* Bonus: Each Calcified Fragment you collect gives you a new accompanying Grimoire Card that adds more to Destiny’s story background.
The Timeline for all these in-game Calcified Fragments locations is listed below.
Index of Destiny: The Taken King Guides:
- This Page: Destiny: The Taken King Calcified Fragments Locations Guide
- Next Page: Destiny: The Taken King Hadium Flakes & Wormspore Farming Guide
- Next Page: Destiny: The Taken King Dead Ghosts Locations Guide
- Next Page: Destiny: The Taken King Dreadnaught Chests Locations Guide
- Next Page: Destiny: The Taken King Loot Farming Locations Guide
- Next Page: Destiny: The Taken King Exotic Engram Farming Guide
- Next Page: Destiny: The Taken King: How To Level Up Fast Guide
- Next Page: Destiny: The Taken King: How To Unlock The New Subclasses
Destiny: The Taken King Calcified Fragments
How to find missing Calcified Fragments?: In-game the Calcified Fragments will appear simply as a silver-blue colored piece of rock stuck in the ground or in walls (with a blue glow to them) that you can pick up to collect when you stand next to it. It can be confirmed as being Calcified Fragments simply by walking up to it, as the on-screen text will then tell you can press the action button/key to “Collect Fragment”.
Note: Collecting the Calcified Fragments is also tied to figuring out how to open up certain quests and others are hidden in as-of-yet closed Raid areas. (Those will be covered in Part 2 of the video guide section below.)
Calcified Fragments Description: “Guardian, the Hive are an ancient scourge. Before memory, before history, before time itself, their teeth gnashed at the Light. But in all my ears among them I never saw anything so old as this strange fragment. And despite its age, see how it glitters in the shadows… Should you find more like this one, bring them to me.” -Eris Morn
Does the game save each Calcified Fragments you collect?: Yes, the game will automatically save the Calcified Fragments you just collected if you picked up the Calcified Fragment, so you don’t have to play to the end of the mission. After picking up each collectible you can safely quit the mission without losing collectibles progress.
Where to find all Calcified Fragments in Destiny: The Taken King? The in-game collectibles locations for the Calcified Fragments are described in Maka’s detailed video guide with handy voice-over tips.
The Calcified Fragments are listed in the video in random order by name.
Part 1 covers 27 Calcified Fragment Locations #1 to #25, along with #27 & #35.
Timeline in minutes for the Calcified Fragments Locations Guide:
• Fragment XVI – 0:10 — Calcified Fragment Locations #1-#6: Can all be found on the Dreadnaught’s first campaign mission, in the Trenchway area.
• Fragment XVII – 0:28
• Fragment XV – 1:14
• Fragment XIV – 2:20
• Fragment XIX – 2:56
• Fragment XX – 3:38
• Fragment VIII – 4:27 — Calcified Fragment Location #7: Fragment VIII can be found in Hull Breach.
• Fragment VII – 5:02
• Fragment IX – 5:29
• Fragment VI – 5:54
• Fragment V – 6:59
• Fragment IV – 7:39
• Fragment III – 8:02
• Fragment II – 8:38
• Fragment XXI – 9:11
• Fragment XXII – 9:52
• Fragment XXIII – 10:24
• Fragment I – 11:10
• Fragment X – 12:13
• Fragment XXXV – 13:20
• Fragment XIII – 13:54
• Fragment XI – 14:16
• Fragment XII – 15:05
• Fragment XXIV – 15:52
• Fragment XXV – 16:38
• Fragment XXVII – 17:16
• Fragment XVIII – 17:33
Part 2 covers most of the Calcified Fragment Locations #26, #28-34 & #36-50.
Timeline in minutes for Part 2 of the Calcified Fragments Locations Guide:
• Fragment XXVI – 0:16
• Fragment XXVIII – 0:42
• Fragment XXIX, XXX, XXXI, XXXII & XXXIII – 1:10 (also detailed below)
• Fragment XXXIX, XL, XLI & XLII – 1:38
• Fragment XLVII & XLIX – 2:16
• Fragment L – 2:42
• Fragment XXXIV – 3:07
• Fragment XXXVI – 4:06 (Agonarch Rune)
• Fragment XXXVII – 5:22
• Fragment XXXVIII – 5:43
• Fragment XLVI – 6:04
Undiscovered: (missing the Nightfall Week 1 Raid and Agonarch Rune)
• Fragment XLIII
• Fragment XLIV
• Fragment XLV
• Fragment XLVIII
The 5 Calcified Fragments in The King’s Fall Raid.
Timeline in minutes for the Calcified Fragments Locations Guide:
• Fragment XXIX – 0:11
• Fragment XXX – 0:34
• Fragment XXXI – 0:48
• Fragment XXXII – 1:57
• Fragment XXXIII – 2:23
Skyburners Chest Guide for Calcified Fragment XXXVII.
How to Use Skyburner’s Command Beacon, Deployment Codes & Security Pass to Open the door/chest:
• Step 1: Acquire “Skyburners Command Beacon” from random Cabal drop on Dreadnaught Patrol
• Step 2: Use “Skyburners Command Beacon” on console in Hull Breach
• Step 3: Kill incoming Cabal to acquire “Skyburners Deployment Codes” from boss
• Step 4: Use “Skyburners Deployment Codes” on console in the Mausoleum
• Step 5: Kill enemies to complete phase one
• Step 6: Follow checkpoints and complete phase two
• Step 7: Follow checkpoints and complete phase three
• Step 8: Use “Skyburners Security Pass” to open the locked door in the Mausoleum
• Step 9: Open the chest inside to claim your loot and Calcified Fragment XXXVII (37)
How to Spawn Keys for Chests. For example to get Calcified Fragment XXXVIII.
Key Guide – How to Spawn Keys for the Calcified Fragment XXXVIII Chest:
• Step 1: Acquire “Wormsinger Rune” from random Hive drop on Dreadnaught Patrol
• Step 2: Use “Wormsinger Rune” on appropriate chest
• Step 3: Kill incoming Hive and Orge boss to acquire “Wormfeeder Rune” from boss
• Step 4: Complete “Wormfeeder Rune” by killing 50 enemies without dying to acquire random key
• Step 5: Use the key on the appropriate chest! Rejoice with loot and calcified fragment XXXVIII (38)!
There you go! All Calcified Fragments in Destiny: The Taken King will soon be yours! 🙂
Huge thanks to Maka for the guide videos and tips.
Please comment if you have any additional Destiny: The Taken King Calcified Fragments location tips of your own, we’ll give you credit for it. – Thanks for visiting!