Our Super Mario Maker walkthrough will guide you through the beginning to ending moments of gameplay with strategy tips for this 2D platformer & level editor game on the Wii U.
Let’s start the Super Mario Maker walkthrough with a handy tutorial video!
Please note that viewers must be at least 3 to watch, so no harm comes to those with innocent eyes. This game includes Comic Mischief.
Table of Contents
- Introduction Level
- Story Mode: 10 Mario Challenge – Part 1: Bowser VS Bowser
- Story Mode: 10 Mario Challenge – Part 2: Lakitu’s Revenge
- Story Mode: 10 Mario Challenge – Part 3: Winged Bowser
- Story Mode: 10 Mario Challenge – Part 4: Koopa Clown Car
- Story Mode: 10 Mario Challenge – Part 5: Castle Labyrinth
- Story Mode: 10 Mario Challenge – Part 6: Keep Moving
- Story Mode Finale: 10 Mario Challenge – Part 7: Triple Bowser
- Courses: Nintendo World Championships 2015 Levels
- Online Mode: 100 Mario Challenge – Easy Difficulty
- Online Mode: 100 Mario Challenge – Normal Difficulty
- Online Mode: 100 Mario Challenge – Expert Difficulty
Index of Super Mario Maker Guides:
- This Page: Super Mario Maker Walkthrough
- Next Page: Super Mario Maker Cheats
- Next Page: How To Unlock All Super Mario Maker Mystery Mushroom Costumes
- Next Page: Free Super Mario Maker Idea Book Download
Super Mario Maker Walkthrough
The ultimate evolution of Super Mario Bros. is here!
Mario experience of your dreams has arrived and is bursting with creativity…including yours! Play a near-limitless number of intensely creative Super Mario levels from players around the world. It’s easy enough to create your own levels with the Wii U GamePad controller that it may feel like you’re simply sketching out your ideas on paper, but you can now bring enemies and objects into a playable course in ways you could only dream of before. What was impossible in traditional Mario games is now impossibly fun, so let your imagination run wild!
Create and play the Mario levels of your dreams!
Making levels is easy. Want a Goomba to wear a Piranha Plant on its head, have a Bill Blaster fire coins, or make a giant Bob-omb fly? Then simply drag and drop elements to create pure Mario magic. Switch between 4 Super Mario Bros. game themes—from the 8-bit pixel art of the original to the world of New Super Mario Bros. U—and enjoy the action that each provides. In the mood to play other players’ creations instead? Something surprising? Silly? Intricate? Tough? You’ll find a near-limitless number of levels in the online community. Whether creating or playing, with Mario Maker, the game is your playground.
Key Game Features:
- Play a near-limitless number of Mario levels created by Nintendo and players around the world.
- Create your own Mario levels by using the Wii U GamePad controller touch screen to add enemies, blocks, pipes and more.
- Break the conventions of traditional Super Mario gameplay by blending enemies, traps and items into unexpected twists, like Piranha Plant-shooting cannons, power-up-tossing Lakitus, or even Hammer Bros. riding on Bowser while bouncing on trampolines.
- Touch control, instant editing and a robust online ranking and search system makes creating, playing and sharing a seamless process.
- Switch between four distinct themes, each with different art styles and features: Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Mario World, and New Super Mario Bros. U.
- Transform into different characters at random with the new Mystery Mushroom item.
- Expand the roster of possible characters by completing 100 Mario Challenge mode or tapping compatible amiibo.
- Tap a 30th Anniversary Mario amiibo figure to the Wii U GamePad controller to add a Big Mushroom power-up to your course!
- Each retail copy of the game will come with a special booklet that offers fun ideas for designing courses.
Welcome to the Super Mario Maker walkthrough where we play through all 60 Nintendo pre-made levels!
Sunny will be your guide showing you through the game’s levels.
The introduction to Super Maker Maker. We learn how to create levels and about the (new) features of the game. Super Mario Maker is currently only available on Wii U.
This is Part 1 of the 10 Mario Challenge mode in Super Mario Maker.
Tip: In order for you to unlock all of the pre-made levels in the game, you’re required to do several completions of this mode.
Note: In these sets of 8 levels you’re asked to try and clear all eight courses without losing 10 lives! Any courses that you clear will be added to Coursebot.
Here are the levels in the completion order they are featured in the video guide:
• Level #1 Pipeline to the Other Side (SMB)
• Level #2 Block Town (NSMBU)
• Level #3 1-1 Remix (Ground) – (SMB)
• Level #4 Spinning Boo Buddies! (NSMBU)
• Level #5 A P Switch’s Journey (SMB3)
• Level #6 Switch It Up! (SMW)
• Level #7 1-1 Remix (Raccoon Mario) – (SMB3)
• Level #8 1-4 Remix (Castle) – (SMB)
SMB = Super Mario Bros.
SMB3 = Super Mario Bros 3
SMW = Super Mario World
NSMBU = New Super Mario Bros. U
Here are Part 2’s levels in the completion order they are featured in the video guide:
• Level #9 Bloomin’ Goombas! (NSMBU)
• Level #10 Perilous Vine Climb (SMB)
• Level #11 1-2 Remix (Underground) – (SMB)
• Level #12 Big Dry Bones’ Pirate Ship (SMW)
• Level #13 Sunken Mario (SMB)
• Level #14 Coinucopia (NSMBU)
• Level #15 1-3 Remix (Athletic) – (SMB)
• Level #16 Festival of Fire (SMB)
Here are Part 3’s levels in the completion order they are featured in the video guide:
• Level #17 Ka-POW!!! (SMW)
• Level #18 Attack Stack (NSMBU)
• Level #19 5-3 Remix (Shoe Goombas) – (SMB3)
• Level #20 Zig-Zag Lava Bubbles (NSMBU)
• Level #21 Muncher (SMB)
• Level #22 Clowning Around (NSMBU)
• Level #23 3-1 Remix (Infinite 1-Ups) – (SMB)
• Level #24 Bowser Retreats, Mario Advances (NSMBU)
Here are Part 4’s levels in the completion order they are featured in the video guide:
• Level #25 Super Star Dash (SMB)
• Level #26 Be Brave & Get Up Close! (SMB3)
• Level #27 1-2 Remix (Yoshi) – (SMW)
• Level #28 Go For The 3-Up Stomp! (SMB3)
• Level #29 Jump For It! (SMB)
• Level #30 Creepy-Crawly Bowser Tower (SMB3)
• Level #31 2-3 Remix (Pyramids) – (SMB3)
• Level #32 Easy Does It… (NSMBU)
Here are Part 5’s levels in the completion order they are featured in the video guide:
• Level #33 Conveyor Belt Sprint (SMW)
• Level #34 Find the Fire Flower! (NSMBU)
• Level #35 1-Airship Remix (SMB3)
• Level #36 Danger: Fire Bars! (NSMBU)
• Level #37 Chain Chomp (SMB)
• Level #38 Up & Over (SMW)
• Level #39 2-5 Remix (Chain Chomps) – (SMB3)
• Level #40 8-4 Remix (Castle Labyrinth) – (SMB)
Super Mario Maker Walkthrough continues on Page 2 with Part 6 of Story Mode & other levels.
Continue Reading on: Page 1 Page 2