Welcome to the Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain Animals locations guide that helps you find the total of the Wild Animals Species Extraction locations for the Animal Conservation Platform in the PS4, PS3, Xbox One, Xbox 360 & PC action-adventure stealth game.
Finding all Wild Animal locations and picking them up will help unlock the following Achievement / Trophy:
* “Conservation” (30 Gamerscore / Silver Trophy) — Extract all wild animal species.
* Bonus: You’ll receive extra GMP money for each wild animal species you extract.
The Timeline for all these in-game Animals locations is listed below.
Index of Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain Guides:
- This Page: Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain Animals Locations Guide
- Next Page: Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain Walkthrough
- Next Page: Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain Cheats
- Next Page: Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain Money Cheats
- Next Page: How To Unlock All Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain Costumes
- Next Page: Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain Buddy Locations Guide
- Next Page: Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain Cassette Tapes Locations Guide
- Next Page: Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain Blueprints Locations Guide
- Next Page: Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain Paz Memento Photos Locations Guide
- Next Page: Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain Posters Locations Guide
- Next Page: Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain Invoices Locations Guide
- Next Page: Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain Key Items Locations Guide
- Next Page: Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain Collectibles
- Next Page: Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain Trophies Guide
- Next Page: Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain Achievements Guide
- Next Page: Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain Glitches
- Next Page: Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain Easter Eggs
- Next Page: Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain Tips and Tricks
Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain Animals
How to make the Animal Conservation Platform AKA Zoo appear on Mother Base?: You’ll need to let an Animal Conservation Platform expansion get built. – Keep playing the story missions while capturing animals along the way and eventually Ocelot will call you via the iDROID app to tell you an Animal Preservation platform has been constructed at Mother Base. It’s free, since the NGA covers all the costs to protect the Wild Animals you capture. Each species of animal will get its own enclosure area to live in.
(Some say it won’t unlock until you’ve completed up to story mission #25, but it seems to be random.)
To get there, go into your helicopter and on your way back to Mother Base, you can move between platforms using the iDROID’s [RETURN TO MOTHERBASE] menu while in the Aerial Command Center.
This video guide shows how to capture Animals and build a zoo (Animal Conservation Platform):
Wild Animals List:
1. Afghan Pika species of Rabbit
2. African Bullfrog species of Frog
3. African Civet species of Civet
4. African Fat-tailed Gecko species of Gecko
5. African Wild Ass species of Horse
6. African Wild Dog species of Dog
7. Anubis species of Dog
8. Bechstein’s Bat species of Bat
9. Black Mamba species of Snake
10. Black Stork species of Bird
11. Blanford’s Fox species of Fox
12. Boer Goat species of Goat
13. Brown Bear species of Bear
14. Caracal species of Cat
15. Cashmere Goat species of Goat
16. Common Raven species of Bird
17. Deathstalker species of Scorpion
18. Emperor Scorpion species of Scorpion
19. Four-Toed Hedgehog species of Rat
20. Gerbil species of Rat
21. Grant’s Zebra species of Horse
22. Gray Wolf species of Dog
23. Griffon Vulture species of Bird
24. Himalayan Brown Bear species of Bear
25. Honey Badger species of Honey Badger
26. Jehuty species of Bird
27. Karakul Sheep species of Goat
28. Lappet-Faced Vulture species of Bird
29. Leopard Gecko species of Gecko
30. Leopard Tortoise species of Tortoise
31. Long-Eared Hedgehog species of Rat
32. Marsh Mongoose species of Mongoose
33. Martial Eagle species of Bird
34. Namaqua Chameleon species of Lizard
35. Nubian species of Goat
36. Okapi species of Horse
37. Oriental Rattlesnake species of Snake
38. Oriental Stork species of Bird
39. Rainbow Agama species of Lizard
40. Red Fox species of Fox
41. Rock Hyrax species of Hyrax
42. Russian Tortoise species of Tortoise
43. Sand Cat species of Cat
44. Side-Striped Jackal species of Dog
45. Tree Pangolin species of Pangolin
46. Trumpertor Horbill species of Bird
47. Tsuchuinoko species of Tsuchuinoko
How to find missing Animals?:
A) Play main story missions with D-Dog, who will tell you when Wild Animals appear near you. After using the tranquilizer gun to put the animal to sleep (don’t kill them!) then Fulton-lift extract the unique Wild Animals you encounter directly from the game’s open world to your zoo.
B) Play animal capture Side Ops. These let you hunt down the larger and more deadly animals. (Video guides for them will follow below.)
C) Set traps for them with Capture Cages, which automatically empty at the end of any mission. This is ideal for finding the small to mid-sized (ground-based and even flying) animals that are normally tough to catch.
– Tip #1: Go into the iDROID app’s Development section and select Weapons / Items. Now develop a new “Support Weapon: Placed Weapon” called the Capture Cage. – Animal capture cages can be placed in the area of operations and enables humane capture of small to mid-sized animals. Support Unit will handle the extraction of captured animals.
Place the traps in different water-rich, desert & mountaintop areas to maximize the different animals you’ll catch.
– Tip #2: Take D-Dog with you on missions as he’ll detect any nearby Wild Animals and they even get marked for your convenience.
– Tip #3: Outside of story missions AKA Episodes, you should also complete Side Missions that involve capturing animals. They are of a high difficulty level.
– Tip #4: Be on the lookout for birds, they perch themselves at the edges of cliffs. When you see them flying around you can mark them with your sniper gun’s scope, and then don’t shoot them as they fly (very hard to do) but wait for them to sit down again before you tranq them.
This next video guide shows you a couple of these tips for Conservation Animal Capture:
Does the game save each Animals you collect?: Not right away. The game will save the Animals you just collected if you finish the mission for trapped animals. Whereas Fulton extracted animals sometimes get confirmed (on-screen) to have arrived at Mother Base before even your mission is over. – Only after getting the on-screen confirmation of the captured animal(s) at the end of each mission can you safely quit the game without losing collectibles progress.
Where to find all remaining Animals in Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain?: The in-game capture & extraction locations for the difficult to find Animals are described in these detailed video guides.
The Animals are listed in the per Side Ops mission.
• Animal Location #1: “Side Op 48: Capture the Legendary Brown Bear”
Mission Description: Capture a particular brown bear that is the stuff of legend. Its mighty strength may cause difficulties in its capture.
Here’s a gameplay guide showing the successful completion of Capture the Legendary Brown Bear.
• Animal Location #2: …
[Work-In-Progress: Please comment where you found more animals & which you’re missing!]
There you go! All Animals in Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain will soon be yours! 🙂
Please comment if you have any additional Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain Animals location tips of your own, we’ll give you credit for it. – Thanks for visiting!