The E3 2015 Square Enix Press Conference broadcast aired today, has revealed brand new information about Square Enix’s PS4, PS3, PS Vita, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PC & Mobile game lineup. Square Enix’s E3 2015 keynote conference started on June 16th at 10:00AM PDT / 1:00PM EDT / 6:00PM GMT and lasted an hour and a half. What follows is a bulletpoints roundup…
Exciting surprises this year were: NieR, Lara Croft Go, Final Fantasy VII Remake, Kingdom Hearts: Unchained, World of Final Fantasy, Hitman, Triad Wars, Star Ocean 5: Integrity and Faithlessness, and Project Setsuna.
Here’s the full E3 2015 Square Enix broadcast video:
E3 2015 Square Enix Press Conference Roundup:
• Square Enix’s show opened with a big Just Cause 3 gameplay demonstration.
• New NieR game announced. In development at Platinum Games.
• Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox One gameplay demonstration.
• Lara Croft Go announced for Mobile. Cel-shaded-like style. In the vain of Hitman Go. Turn-based experience in a long-forgotten world.
• Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward expansion pack trailer shown. Coming June 19, 2015.
• Life Is Strange season trailer shown again.
• Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree’s Woe and the Blight Below teaser shown.
• Final Fantasy VII Remake has Kingdom Hearts series director Tetsuya Nomura working on it. More info this winter.
• Kingdom Hearts: Unchained game announced for Mobile (iOS & Android) in North America. Trailer shown.
• New Kingdom Hearts 3 gameplay trailer shown. Disney’s Tangled animation movie team will be working with Square Enix.
• World of Final Fantasy trailer for the PS4 & PS Vita game repeated. Meant for children and parents to play together. Toys and figurines chibi look. Coming in 2016.
• Final Fantasy: Portable App English version coming this Summer.
• “Hitman” Enter a world of assassination. Online sandbox game (MMO?). Digital-only release. Unclear if it’s the full game or Beta that begins on December 8, 2015.
• Triad Wars announced with teaser.
• Final Fantasy XV shown in the same teaser.
• Star Ocean 5: Integrity and Faithlessness is tri-ACE’s new action-RPG game for Square Enix. Evolved form of good old-school JRPGs. Real-time battles. More characters than ever before. Coming to PS4 (and PS3?) in 2016.
• Deus Ex: Mankind Divided first gameplay trailer shown. Takes place in 2029. Augmented people have become outcasts, feared/hated, branded as terrorists. Under heavy police surveillance. Works for Interpol but is a double agent, he believes the Illuminati are behind Interpol. Hacker activists team up with them to bring them down. Has a new gun hidden inside his arm. Choices will change the story, determine the end. Promises to be the best action-RPG experience out there. Coming in Early 2016 for PC, PS4 & Xbox One.
• New IP called “Project Setsuna” is an all-new Console RPG announced for release worldwide in 2016. Being made by new Square Enix studio called Tokyo RPG Factory. Represents dedication to their commitment to continue making Japanese RPGs. Whistful atmosphere.
What’s your favorite E3 2015 Square Enix announcement?
Tags: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree's Woe and the Blight Below, Final Fantasy VII Remake, Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward, Final Fantasy XV, Hitman, Just Cause 3, Kingdom Hearts: Unchained, Lara Croft Go, NieR, Project Setsuna, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Star Ocean 5: Integrity and Faithlessness, Triad Wars, World of Final Fantasy