The E3 2015 Nintendo Press Conference broadcast aired today, has revealed brand new information about Nintendo’s Wii U & 3DS game lineup. Nintendo’s E3 2015 keynote conference started on June 16th at 9:00AM PDT / 12:00PM EDT / 5:00PM GMT and lasted an hour. What follows is a bulletpoints roundup…
Exciting surprises this year were: StarFox Zero, The Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes, Hyrule Warriors Legends, Metroid Prime Hunters: Federation Force, Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer, Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival, Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival, Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam, and Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash.
Plus 7 new amiibo got announced! 2 for Skylanders Superchargers, 1 8-bit Mario for Super Mario Maker, and 4 for the Animal Crossing games.
Here’s the full E3 2015 Nintendo broadcast video:
E3 2015 Nintendo Press Conference Roundup:
• StarFox Zero coming Holiday 2015. This just in: StarFox based on Thunderbirds TV show.
• Skylanders Superchargers gets Nintendo-themed figures (exclusive to the Wii U version?). Turbo Charged Donkey Kong and the Battleblaster vehicle. Hammer Slam Bowser and the Clown Cruiser. You can switch them from Skylanders to Amiibo. Includes unique supermoves.
• The Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes announced for 3DS. Builds on The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords. 3-player co-op dungeon battles and puzzle solving. Both local and online play! Outfit with new abilities… Dress Link in new armor, costumes, “Zelda Dress”, “Lucky Loungewear”, “Big Bomb Outfit”. Coming Fall 2015.
Shikata is Director, Aunoma – Multiplayer and Co-Op… It was more competitive with Four Swords, this time it is more serious Zelda gameplay elements, solving puzzles, dungeons. Depth of Link Between Worlds incorporated in the multiplayer. Totem mechanic allows for more realized co-op gameplay where you have to stack and each character can reach a different height at once. In single player you get supporting dolls that you switch between. Kingdom full of fashion savvy people. King is looking for a hero to help, NPC’s claim to be hero. Change abilities by equipping different clothes, dungeons change depending on what you wear.
• Hyrule Warriors Legends for 3DS is a re-imagining of the Wii U game, includes all those DLC characters too. Additional characters (Tetra & King of Red Lions) and stages from Zelda: Wind Waker to expand the game. Coming Q1 2016.
• Metroid Prime: Federation Force first-person shooter announced for 3DS. Has 4-player co-op missions in the Metroid Prime Hunters universe. Includes Metroid Prime: Blast Ball 3 VS. 3 multiplayer game. Coming 2016.
• Fire Emblem: Fates trailer shown for 3DS dual-title JRPG. Crazy anime movie scenes, more adult in nature. Coming in 2016.
• Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem new trailer shown for Wii U. Music/Sim/JRPG mix? Coming in 2016.
• Xenoblade Chronicles X gameplay trailer shown. Marooned on a distant planet after Earth’s destruction, mankind must face a new challenge to survive, battle huge monsters JRPG-style. Suit up with lots of mech suits. Release date is December 4, 2015.
• Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer trailer shown for the 3DS Room Decorating Game. Coming on September 25, 2015.
• Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival announced for Wii U. 1-4 players. 1 amiibo required per 4 player. Might play like an Animal Crossing Boardgame? Coming in Fall 2015.
• 4 New Amiibo announced for the Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival Wii U game:
– Tom Nook (Animal Crossing series)
– Isabelle (Animal Crossing series)
– Able Sister (Animal Crossing series)
– K.K. Slider (Animal Crossing series)
• Yoshi’s Woolly World demonstration shows its wool figures inspiration came from hand-knitted yarn Yoshi figures made by Nintendo’s Emi Watanabe. For fun play through the game, for a challenge to up the difficulty per level go after all collectibles. Scanning different amiibo will give Yoshi that amiibo’s outfit in-game. Doggy (forgot his name) is back, you can ride on him too, he will bark when seeing an important item or collectible. Coming to the USA on October 16, 2015 but out sooner in Europe & Australia on June 26, 2015.
• Yo-kai Watch is Level-5’s catch ’em all franchise finally coming to the West on 3DS. In the game you use a Lens to find ghosts and add them to your watch, after which you can raise them too. Has already sold millions of copies in Japan, in part thanks to the popular anime, which is also being localized for America & Europe. Nintendo will be publishing the game worldwide in Holiday 2015.
• Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam announced for 3DS due 2016. Two Mario worlds collide. Polygonal & Paper! Paper Mario & 3D Mario interact for unique fighting abilities. Papercraft Mario!
• Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash announced for Wii U. Featuring Mushrooms to turn into giant versions. Coming Holiday 2015.
• Super Mario Maker history detailed to show how difficult drawing out levels on paper was in the original Super Mario Bros. Scan a Wii Fit Trainer or Link Amiibo into the game, the character’s costume will be activated by a mystery mushroom in the game. Super Mario Maker booklet included to give you level building ideas. Coming September 11, 2015.
• Super Mario 30th Anniversary amiibo announced.
– “8-bit Mario (30th Mario Anniversary series)” is its official name.