Our Life is Strange Episode 3 walkthrough will guide you through the beginning to ending moments of gameplay with strategy tips for this graphic adventure game’s third episode on the PC, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 & Xbox One.
The full Life is Strange Episode 3 walkthrough is livestreamed by Doug right now!
Please note that viewers must be at least 16-17 to watch, in Europe & America respectively, so no harm comes to those with innocent eyes. This game includes Violence, Blood, Sexual Themes, Strong Language, Use of Drugs.
Table of Contents
- Puzzle Solutions: Pipe-Bomb Part Locations & Principle’s Office Door Alarm
- Alternative Choice #1: Steal the Money (or not)
- Alternative Choice #2: Max Kisses Chloe (or not)
- Alternative Choice #3: Choose Chloe over David
- Alternative Choice #4: Lie or Tell The Truth To The Homeless Lady
- Alternative Choice #5: Kill or Save The Dog
Index of Life is Strange Guides:
- This Page: Life is Strange Episode 3 Walkthrough
- Next Page: Life is Strange Episode 5 Walkthrough
- Next Page: Life is Strange Episode 4 Walkthrough
- Next Page: Life is Strange Episode 2 Walkthrough
- Next Page: Life is Strange Episode 1 Walkthrough
- Next Page: Life is Strange Optional Photos Locations Guide
- Next Page: Life is Strange Achievements Guide
- Next Page: Life is Strange Trophies Guide
- Next Page: Life is Strange Cheats
Life is Strange Episode 3 Walkthrough
Life Is Strange is a five part episodic game that sets out to revolutionize story based choice and consequence games by allowing the player to rewind time and affect the past, present and future.
You are Max, a photography senior who saves her old friend Chloe by discovering she can rewind time. The pair soon find themselves exposed to the darker side of Arcadia Bay as they uncover the disturbing truth behind the sudden disappearance of a fellow student.
Meanwhile, Max begins to have premonitions as she struggles to understand the implications of her power. She must quickly learn that changing the past can sometimes lead to a devastating future.
Key Game Features:
- A beautifully written modern adventure game.
- Rewind time to change the course of events.
- Multiple endings depending on the choices you make.
- Striking, hand-painted visuals.
- Distinct, licensed indie soundtrack.
DLC Startup Notes: If you bought Episode 1 on its own, you will need to buy the ‘Season Pass’ to access Episodes 2 and the later episodes up to #5. – If you already bought the full ‘Season Pass’ you can go into the game’s Main Menu to start the next episode.
If you are unable to play Episode 3 on PC, please check your Steam client settings or DLC settings to make sure you have updates enabled, in order to play Episode 3.
Welcome to the Life is Strange Episode 3: Chaos Theory walkthrough!
Doug will be your voice-over commentator showing you around the game’s areas. The full 3-hours-long playthrough can be seen at the top of this page.
The story so far: In this next installment of Life is Strange, Max and Chloe’s investigation into Rachel Amber’s disappearance lead them to break into Blackwell Academy after dark, to search for answers. Secrets will be uncovered and Max will find another use for her power.
Note: The choices you made in episode 1 & 2 will carry over to Episode 3 and you’ll really start to see those decisions having a major impact on the story.
Pipe-Bomb Building Tip:
How to open the door to the principle’s office?
Max needs to make a pipe-bomb to blow up the door handle. The bomb part locations are:
1. Soda Can Location: Can be found in the Vending Machine, outside the principle’s office, in the hallway.
2. Sugar Location: Can be found in the Science Class, on the teacher’s desk.
3. Sodium Chlorate Location: You can find the Weed Killer (with Sodium Chlorate in it) in the Science Class as well, in the back of the room, at the top of the cabinet.
4. Duct Tape Location: Can be found in the Art Class, in the back of the room, next to the printer.
Principle’s Office Door Opening Tip:
How to stop the alarm that goes off after you open the door to the principle’s office?
Max needs to run into the principle’s office by bypass the alarm. Then while you’re still standing inside the office rewind until right before the pipe-bomb was set off by Chloe. Then quickly unlock the door from inside the office, so there’s no longer the need to force the door open and the alarm was never set off by the explosion/smoke!
Essentially, from Chloe’s perspective you pop from outside to inside the office to open the door.
What follows is an overview of all Alternative Choices in “Episode 3: Chaos Theory”.
Steal the $5,000 money from the principle’s office to help find Rachael Amber by paying off Frank:
Leave the handicapped fund money and be a decent human being (outside of breaking into the office):
For the best effect, first have Max kiss Chloe, then rewind and don’t kiss her.
Doug’s reaction to what ensues afterwards is priceless! 😀
Here’s what happens if you side with Chloe over David.
The tell & don’t tell options for speaking the truth during the homeless lady chat.
Lastly, you can choose to either kill the dog, or save the dog by throwing towards the road-side parking lot.
Next Episode: Episode 4 will arrive in July 2015. Please join our “Life is Strange Episode 4 Release Date” discussion about what will happen in Episode 4: Dark Room and to get an exact date.
Do you need help anywhere? Please don’t hesitate to ask in the comments section below. We’re here to help out!