The Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition release date is May 5, 2015 in America & May 8th in Europe. It will be released on Xbox One, PS4 & PC at a price point of $50/£50 (or $35/£35 for PC); giving plenty of bang for your buck!
Check out this trailer for Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition.
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor earned enthusiastic reviews when it launched last year, winning more than 25 awards including Game of the Year at the 2015 Game Developers Choice Awards and eight awards from the 2015 D.I.C.E. Awards amongst many others.
Featuring the innovative Nemesis System, Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition expands on the critically-acclaimed original title, which includes the main game and all currently available downloadable content (DLC) packs, allowing fans to experience hours of added gameplay and content including:
* Story Packs: The Lord of The Hunt and The Bright Lord
* Skins: The Dark Ranger, Captain of the Watch, Lord of the Hunt, The Bright Lord, Power of Shadow and Lithariel Skins
* Runes: Hidden Blade, Deadly Archer, Flame of Anor, Rising Storm, Orc Slayer, Defiant to the End, Elven Grace, Ascendant, One with Nature
* Missions: Guardians of the Flaming Eye, The Berserks and The Skull Crushers Warband Missions
* Challenge Modes: Test of Power, Test of Speed, Test of Wisdom, Endless Challenge, Test of the Wild, Test of the Ring, Test of Defiance Challenge Modes
* Additional Features: Photo Mode
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor delivers a dynamic game environment where the player orchestrates their personal plan of vengeance as they bend Mordor to their will. The game begins on the night of Sauron’s return to Mordor, as his Black Captains brutally execute the Rangers of the Black Gate.
Players become Talion, a ranger who loses his family and everything he holds dear, only to be returned from death by a mysterious spirit of vengeance. Based on the player’s actions with the in-game Nemesis System, every enemy encountered is distinct and can evolve to become a personal archenemy through the course of the game. As Talion’s personal vendetta unfolds, players uncover the mystery of the spirit that compels him, discover the origin of the Rings of Power and confront the ultimate nemesis.
Here’s the Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition image gallery.
Click on any of these image thumbnails to see the full-size photos:
I never got around to playing Shadow of Mordor, so I’m very happy they are doing a Game of the Year Edition.
These types of sets are fantastic, because there are plenty of people who would rather wait and get all of the Downloadable Content on disc, rather than paying more for it to download it digitally upon release.
Will you be picking up the Game of the Year Edition of Shadow of Mordor?