The GTA Online Heists walkthrough will guide you through the start to end of gameplay with strategy tips completing all 5 new Heists in the new mode for Grand Theft Auto 5 on the PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One & soon PC.
How to start a Heist? You have to be at least Rank 12 AND own a high-end Apartment to plan the heist in GTA Online. Then Lester will call you in-game in your Apartment to let you know a Heist is available! Which takes only around 10 minutes of waiting. — The last requirement is on the team… Although a Heist leader can invite anyone, that someone else does need to have completed the GTA Online tutorial (including the Gerald’s First Last Few Standing job) for the Heist to start.
Of note is that if you’re the Heist leader, you must front all the costs of the Heist setup.
Let’s start the GTA Online Heists walkthrough with an explanation video!
Please note that viewers must be at least 18 to watch, so no harm comes to those with innocent eyes. This game includes Blood and Gore, Intense Violence, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Strong Sexual Content, Use of Drugs and Alcohol.
Table of Contents
Index of Grand Theft Auto 5 Guides:
- This Page: GTA Online Heists Walkthrough
- Next Page: GTA Online Heists Cheats
- Next Page: GTA Online Money Glitch
- Next Page: Grand Theft Auto 5 Walkthrough
- Next Page: Grand Theft Auto 5 Cheats
- Next Page: Grand Theft Auto 5 Weapons Guide
- Next Page: Grand Theft Auto 5 Vehicles Guide
- Next Page: Grand Theft Auto 5 Achievements Guide
- Next Page: Grand Theft Auto 5 Trophies Guide
- Next Page: Grand Theft Auto 5 Spaceship Parts Locations Guide
- Next Page: Grand Theft Auto 5 Letter Scraps Locations Guide
- Next Page: Grand Theft Auto 5 Stunt Jumps Locations Guide
- Next Page: Grand Theft Auto 5 Nuclear Waste Locations Guide
- Next Page: Grand Theft Auto 5 Hidden Packages Locations Guide
- Next Page: Grand Theft Auto 5 Submarine Parts Locations Guide
- Next Page: Grand Theft Auto 5 Under the Bridge Locations Guide
- Next Page: Grand Theft Auto 5 Knife Flights Locations Guide
- Next Page: Grand Theft Auto 5 Collectibles
- Next Page: Grand Theft Auto 5 Easter Eggs
- Next Page: Grand Theft Auto 5 Money Cheats
- Next Page: Grand Theft Auto 5 Glitches
- Next Page: Grand Theft Auto 5 Map
- Next Page: Grand Theft Auto 5 Endings Guide
- For Fun: Grand Theft Auto 5 Soundtrack
- For Fun: Grand Theft Auto 5 Wallpaper
GTA Online Heists Walkthrough
Heists, a brand new 4-player cooperative gameplay experience for Grand Theft Auto Online, giving players the chance to team up and pull off a string of intense, multi-part heists, raids and robberies across Los Santos and Blaine County, is now available for free inside Grand Theft Auto Online.
Key GTA Online Heists Features:
- Plan, Prepare, Execute – Online Heists span numerous missions featuring new gameplay, vehicles, weapons, and scenarios to test a team’s full set of skills: from computer hacking to stealth infiltration, precision driving to aerial dogfighting, sniping, skydiving and much more.
- 4-Player Teams, 4 Ways to Play – Choose your roles and strategize to complete each stage of a Heist, with tight communication and coordination the key to success. Some missions will require the team to work as a single unit, while others will break the team into separate roles to complete key objectives. Replay each Heist to experience a different perspective on the action, and complete Elite Challenges for extra cash.
- Additional New Adversary Modes – Brings new kinds of competition to GTA Online while new Daily Objectives and other Freemode activities bring chaos to the streets of Los Santos and Blaine County.
- Assemble Your Team – Create a Crew or join existing Crews at the Rockstar Games Social Club to earn additional RP rewards as you play.
- Play Now – Heists are now available for free inside Grand Theft Auto Online for PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One (PC players will also get Heists as part of their GTA Online experience when GTAV launches for PC on April 14th). To get it, just start up GTAV from your online-connected console and follow the update prompts on screen.
How To Setup for GTA Online Heists:
- Follow The Leader – First things first: every Heist needs a leader and the Heist Leader is going to need to be at least rank 12 and own a high-end apartment with a planning board in order to co-ordinate the crime. Not only do Heist Leaders cough up all of the setup costs up-front, they have complete control over team roles and the cut of the final take each Crew Member gets. Additionally, Heist progress is only saved for the Heist Leader; So when choosing a leader it makes sense to link up with someone you can trust.
- All Talk – It should go without saying that good teamwork starts with communication – and headsets are important to successfully pulling off Heists. Whether it’s telling a lookout where they need to be, a passenger locating vehicles using the Trackify app and giving directions to the driver, or two infiltrators operating a pair of security panels in perfect sync.
- Roll Call – At different stages of each Heist, Crew members will be assigned different roles. These could be slightly different responsibilities within a single scenario… For Example: Two lookouts and a bodyguard while a buyer completes a less-then-legal exchange of information – or larger deviations, like two players patrolling in an attack chopper above while the other two infiltrate a facility below. It’s important for all players to know their strengths and, in turn, for the Heist Leader to assign accordingly. If you see yourself as an ace pilot, then put in some time at the Flight School and increase that flying stat to prove it.
- Tool Up – Professionals don’t expect the customer to provide the tools for the job. While there might be some more specialized equipment that may be provided (or that you’ll need to acquire) along the way, for the most part you’ll be using your own custom vehicles and firearms to get by. So it’s a good time to take stock and make sure your garage and your arsenal are prepared for all possibilities. Silencers on guns and RPGs in general are especially useful for certain Heists while four-door vehicles with added armor can come in handy if you like to keep your friends close. With GTA Online Heists you’ll be able to unlock a range of new vehicles and gear including an extensive selection of new outfits perfect for whatever each Heist throws at you.
- Bonus Round – For the financially ambitious there are a few ways to increase the income from Heists in a major way. First off, each Heist has its own Elite Challenge which, upon completion, will yield a substantial cash bonus. These can be completed multiple times, but be warned: they’re no cakewalk.
On top of that, there are Special Heist Completion bonuses that can only be achieved once per person, but will add some serious zeros to your bank balance. They are as follows:
— First Time: Completing each Heist Finale for the first time, will net you a bonus cash reward.
— All In Order Challenge: Complete all Heists in order, including Setups, to receive a $1,000,000 cash bonus.
— Loyalty Challenge: Complete all Heists, including Setups, with the same team of players to receive an additional $1,000,000 bonus.
— Criminal Mastermind Challenge: Complete all Heists, in order, with the same group of players, without losing any lives, to receive a massive $10,000,000 bonus.
The one-off bonus challenges are linked to in game awards. You can monitor your award progress via the “Stats” tab & then “Awards” tab in the Pause Menu.
Welcome to the GTA Online Heists walkthrough!
The 1st out of the 5 Heists is a 2-player tutorial Heist, instead of the normal 4-player setup of the other four Heists.
For a step-by-step guide, check out the setup and finale video sections below.
For the full Heist #1 with funny voice-over commentary by Michael & Gavin watch:
Setup 1: Scope Out
This guide takes you through Scope Out, the first setup mission for The Fleeca Job heist in GTA Online.
Objective: Observe security at the Fleeca Bank on the Western Highway. Then collect Paige and some equipment from the factory, and come back to the apartment to plan the score.
Setup 2: Kuruma
The next guide shows how to get through Karuma, the second setup mission for the Fleeca Job heist in GTA Online.
Objective: Source the getaway car for the Fleeca Job. It’s currently being looked after by a Little Seoul stick up crew in a Del Perro parking lot.
The Finale: The Fleeca Job
This last part of the guide takes you through the finale of The Fleeca Job heist in GTA Online.
Objective: Take down the Fleeca franchise. The driver controls the crowd. The driller gets box 167 from the vault. Then everyone gets out and gets away in the Kuruma.
Important Glitch Solution: Due to online connectivity issues at the GTA Online launch week, you may find that after completing a Setup Mission for a Heist that when you go back to the Heist Board, that outside of the Heist title the board is blank. Which prevents you from launching the Heist’s Finale after doing all the Setup Missions.
To fix this, simply go out of your apartment and wait for Lester to call you up.
The 2nd Heist will cost the setup leader $40,000.
Replay Heists Tip: After you’ve finished all 5 of the Heists, you’ll be able to start any of the Heists in any order you want by A) Using your Heist room or; B) By calling Lester and selecting the “Replay Heist” option.
[Work-In-Progress: More Heists coming as soon as everyone can actually get online! Thanks Rockstar!]
Do you need help anywhere? Please don’t hesitate to ask in the comments section below. We’re here to help out!